Uh, Bilbo stops through Rivendell on the way back at the end of the book, and spends some more time there (he even gets to take a nap, and be sung to sleep!) so I thought it might be used then, but if you guys know different....

Indeed. There was also some of the Mordor Descending Third before the council meetin part. I wonder what this scene will entail.

Hang on, what is supposed to be so great about this film? I loved it, but I'm under no illusions that it's anything other than an epic popcorn romp. People whine about it here no end and then they turn around and express disappointment when it's ignored by the awards? That is why I asked, "what were you expecting?"

The Fellowship of the Ring it is not. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey is not awards material, so what.

Ah so the score is out of the Oscar race. Shame.

As I suspected really. I don't think any of the films will be able to generate Oscar attention.

Really, what I think killed the chance for the score to be nominated were all the added subplots (Azog and the Necromancer stuff). Seriously, remove them, and you have no Mordor theme, no Nazgûl theme, no Lothlorien theme, and no Isengard theme, which would have given a lot more room for the new material to breathe, and the score would have felt far less rehashed. Shame!

K.K. is a sane person. Even with the changes you mentioned (oh how you love your changes) the film still wouldn't have been recognised. Don't be silly.

Middle-Earth movies have had their time in the sun with the crusty old judging panels which decide these things, it did very well too.

??

If the film was better, it'd deserve more. But what I said earlier is that it's probably been treated this way for reasons other than its quality. For example, for what you said about it being yet another Middle Earth entry. Or maybe simply by it being a fantasy adventure film.

Exactly. These three nominations were about what I expected, but I'm sure a better adaptation could have earned more. As it stands, I wouldn't award it anything, but I'm sure it will still get one or two of these just because it's popular.

Indeed. I was very surprised to find Shore underwhelmed with this score.

I think this movie's many production complications had a negative effect on almost every aspect in its making.

Agreed with everything you said. I have a feeling Film 2 will be the best of the 3 as well. It will certainly be the most different from any of the previous 4 films

Lets hope it's not as burdened with tiring LotR nostalgia as well.

But I agree, I believe the 2nd film will probably be the best. It has the best content.

You're quite right BB. But the content suggests more fun than the original. But perhaps Jackson will see some sense after the critical backlash.

But there's so many inconclusive problematic plot threads from this film, Jackson will have to continue them. And I think any more of Azog's gibberish (I found the all that orc-ish kind of strange in film) will make me sick.

But maybe, now that the first film has passed, we won't have to see any more silly LotR reference moments.

As for Shore's chance for the Oscar. Well, it kind of died with this film. Unless the other 2 films blow us away to RotK level and raise that same kind of euphoria, The Hobbit along with Shore isn't going to get any Oscar level

But our fan edits will not!

I honestly can't see a very successful fan edit of this first film. All these plot threads are mushed together too much. It'd be a rather convoluted mess to unravel.