inky's desperate attempts to get back on topic made me laugh :lol:

And all I get is laughter for my troubles. :crymore:

inky's desperate attempts to get back on topic made me laugh :lol:

And all I get is laughter for my troubles. :crymore:

So decrees Gandalf the Woefully Misunderstood

Finally this thread is getting interesting!

I'm still waiting for BloodBoal to make his first serious post and him to hear his first JW album.

But while waiting he is making hilarious posts, he is like Andy Kaufman of the JWfan, genius not very well understood here.

But Quint we can go insane here without footage.

Indeed we have demonstrated this amply in these few pages.

The less they reveal of this pre-release the better.

Agreed. I would love for them not to reveal another clip, or release a second of the score until December 14, but I know that's not going to happen. It's just too hard to resist the temptation when stuff is revealed though.

Instant gratification is the word of the age! Instant gratification!

Oh yes the feeling of completely unwarranted entitlement is also in. We are entitled as customers of the world to everything we might desire! Customer service!

Random question:

With the release of The Hobbit coming out, does anyone think there will be a reissue of sorts for the Lord of the Rings Complete Recordings CD sets? I'm only asking because I am thinking of finally starting to get all 3. I thought maybe perhaps given the release of The Hobbit that maybe they would come out with a cheaper release that may include the same musical content but perhaps less to the packaging (and maybe remove the DVD audio disc). What do you guys think?

They may reissue them but I don't see them removing the DVD.

Ya, they're not going to make any changes to that product, much less make it cheaper. Its Reprise Records we're talking about here.. ;)

To this date, I have never listened to mine at all beyond five minutes of FOTR's.

You're doing yourself a great disservice my friend. You have not truly heard Shore's work for the trilogy until you've heard the CRs, one of the most impressive complete releases of a score in a long time.

I meant I've never listened to the DVDs! I don't have a good enough sound system to appreciate the CRs in 5.1 surround...yet.

Ya, they're not going to make any changes to that product, much less make it cheaper. Its Reprise Records we're talking about here.. ;)

It's already cheaply enough made, being worthless cardboard.

I meant I've never listened to the DVDs! I don't have a good enough sound system to appreciate the CRs in 5.1 surround...yet.

OH. Well you should fix that soon too. I never listened to the DVDs for the longest time too, and when I did, it was impressive indeed.

I meant sell it for a cheaper price ;) And I personally like the packaging.

OH. Well you should fix that soon too. I never listened to the DVDs for the longest time too, and when I did, it was impressive indeed.

I will fix that when I get a decent sound system as well. I remember listening to FotR at my friend's house with a good sound system and it knocked my socks off.

I meant sell it for a cheaper price ;) And I personally like the packaging.

I highly doubt there will be any changes to the CR to make it any cheaper. Perhaps we should demand as fans that a very special steel version is made of the box so it will be more durable and unbending.

I remember that the CRs were relatively cheaper when they were first released. I paid about 50-60€ apiece for them when ordering online. Now when I look at the re-released versions they cost over 80€ apiece at some Scandinavian retailers on the internet. At Amazon the price hasn't changed much.

I will fix that when I get a decent sound system as well. I remember listening to FotR at my friend's house with a good sound system and it knocked my socks off.

There is a 55" LED TV I've got my eye on, and with America's Independence Day coming up next week, I have my fingers crossed for a sale so shave off some of its $1400. And with a screen like that, I'll need a heavy set of speakers to give the picture some balls. So yeah, I'll be able to sock my knocks off, too.

I think they may do a box-set of the CR or something, that maybe 10-20$ cheaper than buying the three scores sepparated.

I'd imagine the design and production costs would far exceed any possible benefit.

You mean to hire the guy to design a super-box as opposed to just reissuing what they already have the drawings for? More than likely.

That's one thing that bugs me about the Extended Edition DVDs. They came out with a nice slip case that all three boxes can fit into, but never came out with something comparable for the CR's.

And don't even think about putting them side-by-side on the same shelf, because they'll only make sense to a colorblind person, the way the DVD box colors and CR colors don't match. Somebody at New Line obviously didn't get the memo that day.

And don't even think about putting them side-by-side on the same shelf, because they'll only make sense to a colorblind person, the way the DVD box colors and CR colors don't match. Somebody at New Line obviously didn't get the memo that day.

We've been through this before. It all started because of this:

cd-shore01.jpg

I know what you mean, but I put them side to side anyways (all my LotR dvd/cd merchandise is on one shelf).

And I prefer the colour designation for the CRs over the colour designation for the EEs.

I thought the color choices for both never made any sense. To me, the colors that make sense are:

FOTR - green - The Shire!

TTT - blue - All the Helm's Deep sequences are bathed in blue light

ROTK - red - The fire and lava of Mordor and Mt Doom

To me they made sense:

FotR - green: Nature, Shire, Forest-hiking

TTT - red: always associated that colour with the red/brown colours/armors of Rohan

RotK - blue: royal,kingly, gondordian blue + golden letters!

To me they made sense:

FotR - green: Nature, Shire, Forest-hiking

TTT - red: always associated that colour with the red/brown colours/armors of Rohan

RotK - blue: royal,kingly, gondordian blue + golden letters!

Spot on, woman!

FotR = red (I keep thinking Moria and Khazad-dum, and its a bold colour for adventure which is what the first film is about)

TTT = blue (well with Helm's Deep and all that, I always it was kind of obvious)

RotK = green (the end of the journey with a warm colour like green).

I know that that it didn't make much sense, but thats how I feel. Maybe its because I've been used to the CR colours so long, but I always liked their colour choices.

One thing for certain is that red does not fit with The Two Towers.