The new Star Wars DVDs . . . Just how 'limited'?

Goldsmithfan

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Myself, I'm big on warranted forgiveness, but against unwarranted forgiveness.

I'm a fan of all types of forgiveness.

Just to state the obvious, Chris.

You were never an elder!

1. I am your elder. (By... exactly, what... three years to the day or something?)

2. I founded the Towner Knights - originally me, yourself, and King Mark - to which you betrayed me and named yourself leader! Nonsense! Now there is just me and King Mark. Third member is always up for grabs... but it is up to King Mark and myself for deciding. Likely someone with more credit and a bigger Williams collection than either of us! I was going to say, "far younger and more powerful..." but that wouldn't be anybody!

3. My revenge is not yet extracted from your carcass. But is will be. Oh yes... it will be. (Insert calm and knowing smirk.)

Myself, I'm big on warranted forgiveness, but against unwarranted forgiveness.

I'm a fan of all types of forgiveness.

Even if somebody kills and isn't repentant? For example, that would be like - in an alternate ending of Jedi - Obi-Wan and Yoda forgiving Vader and Palpatine after they killed Luke and blew up the the entire rebel fleet.

Comingsoon.net reports that new dvd's will be coming for 30th anniversary

;) Thats another example (like the things we are discussing in the indy thread)

They are not made yet, or officially announded.

But we know they are coming.

(I hope yoda is CGI in TPM this time...)

It's been guaranteed that the new CG Yoda for TPM will be with the Saga box set. Bill Hunt from The Digital Bits confirmed it when he was at Skywalker Ranch last time.

I highly doubt the Saga box set will be released in May. They'll (Lucasfilm) most likely report what's with the box set and such during Celebration IV (which is in May). After all that will be the main high light/big thing of the event. Most likely the box set will be a September or October release, maybe even for November.

By the way if anyone here is planning on attending Celebration IV, someone needs to ask if there will be a 12 disc soundtrack box set as well...

I'm the only who liked the Pantom Menace Yoda puppet? I never really liked the CGI Yoda, especially the one in AOTC.

I don't like either much, neither can compare to the excellent puppet in Empire. However, I'd take the slightly odd-looking TPM puppet over the obviously-fake and over-glossy CGI Yoda from the other two prequels.

It's been guaranteed that the new CG Yoda for TPM will be with the Saga box set. Bill Hunt from The Digital Bits confirmed it when he was at Skywalker Ranch last time.

I highly doubt the Saga box set will be released in May. They'll (Lucasfilm) most likely report what's with the box set and such during Celebration IV (which is in May). After all that will be the main high light/big thing of the event. Most likely the box set will be a September or October release, maybe even for November.

By the way if anyone here is planning on attending Celebration IV, someone needs to ask if there will be a 12 disc soundtrack box set as well...

well i've waited since 2001 to buy a SW DVD... i think i'll can wait few months more...

I believe Lucas said that neither actually fire their weapons, but instead, engage in a sultry tango. Williams was busy last year writing the new music for this unprecedented dance sequence.

Tim

I believe Lucas said that neither actually fire their weapons, but instead, engage in a sultry tango. Williams was busy last year writing the new music for this unprecedented dance sequence.

Tim

And all the blasters will be replaced by walkie talkies.

Chris, as you well know Religious discussion is not allowed on this Forum.

Religious discussion? We were talking about forgiveness in the context of the finale of a Star Wars movie. If that discussion is a religious topic, then what isn't? Lighten up, Mr. Biggest-rule-bender-of-us-all Cosman. :music:

I was just going to ask when it's coming. I'd rather have it in May. So nobody knows? Also, thanks for still not sending me an email, Trent! :rolleyes:

Yeah. Or 13, with an extra to include the essential alternates and/or concert versions.

But I doubt anybody here would go to that. Hmm... unless it was Steef, Joe and a few of the others picketing Lucas or plotting his assassination. Then, from there, I imagine an argument would occur with Joe carrying the noose yelling, "ELIMINATE THE DEMON!", and Steef carrying a Star Trek phaser gun toy speaking incoherent Klingon babble.

We're just now starting to get some solid information on it. Basically, think Shadows of the Empire. So far, we know there'll be a video game, a book, comics, & toys.

Now word yet on an amazing McNeely soundtrack. ;-)

yes
Now word yet on an amazing McNeely soundtrack. ;-)

Right now, i would prefer a Giacchino one :)

Sweet Sith! I think I might die if that happened. Hopefully not until after I listened to it, though. :mrgreen:

Last week I watched the original Star Wars trilogy with the commentaries on and I found it rather sad that the only person to mention the music was Ben Burtt. He seemed to be the one making the most interesting comments anyway, so I guess it's only natural for him to mention one of the most interesting aspects of the films.

Well, you really can't blame Carrie Fisher, as she was there simply to talk from the actor's perspective. As for Lucas, he is trying to not only tell the story, but we know that pretty effects distract him.

You're still after my job, aren't you?

- Marc, who thought the Ep. IV commentary was really informative and had Lucas recalling some details that seemed to both explain a lot about the original film and clash with the current story of the creation of the saga.

Well, you really can't blame Carrie Fisher, as she was there simply to talk from the actor's perspective. As for Lucas, he is trying to not only tell the story, but we know that pretty effects distract him.

I would imagine her memory might be a bit hazy in the years after Star Wars. I doubt she remembers anything ROTJ. ;)

You're still after my job, aren't you?

- Marc, who thought the Ep. IV commentary was really informative and had Lucas recalling some details that seemed to both explain a lot about the original film and clash with the current story of the creation of the saga.

I agree. Overall, Star Wars had the best commentary, but at least Kershner was available to do the commentary for The Empire Strikes Back. I just wish they'd been together so some interaction could have taken place. That type of commentary is always the best. The slice 'n dice ones are okay sometimes, but you never get the spontaniety of one of the commentors reminding the others of something they'd forgotten. That's always cool. Probably the reason Evil Dead II has my favorite commentary ever. It's funny. It's informative. It's commentary perfection. Well, that and the commentary to RoboCop by Verhoeven, Neumeier and Davidson.