The Adventures of Tintin MOVIE Anticipation thread (News, Interviews, Images, Posters, etc)

TownerFan

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the long Williams drought has made us easy prey for anything new labeled "composed by John Williams" even if it is just someone playing obvious midi or synth rendition of something that can never be verified as being legit (well not until the score comes out). I wonder will the score also be released earlier in Europe when the movie comes out in October here (now that would be a rare occasion).

Wha... Just found this:

What do you think..? :blink:

Am I the only one who finds it sort of hilarious when the conductor has to bang with his baton to get the orchestra's attention? The part with the brass was convincing though.

Am I the only one who finds it sort of hilarious when the conductor has to bang with his baton to get the orchestra's attention? The part with the brass was convincing though.

Do you honestly think this is an actual real orchestra? It sounds synth through and through.

It's like there's a window of opportunity for wannabee composers to make us believe they composed a JW piece and post it on YouTube

Do you honestly think this is an actual real orchestra? It sounds synth through and through.

Ha ha, it sounds like it was made with a kids keyboard.

Of course not. The middle gave it away.

Of course not. The middle gave it away.

For the record: I NEVER thought this to be real either. I do find it interesting that someone would go the length to publish this. I know with pop artists like Michael Jackson or Prince it is very common that people post their own compositions and promote it as "NEW SONG FROM ... ". I just never thought it would happen with an upcoming John Williams score. ;)

I know nobody here is under the illusion that it is real, but to drive the nail into the coffin...the only way for this to be real would be if somebody stole the sheet music and created this midi, since Williams himself never uses synth demos. And according to the YouTube poster, his son-in-law took this recording from the recording session, so that clearly isn't the case.

For the record: I NEVER thought this to be real either. I do find it interesting that someone would go the length to publish this. I know with pop artist like Michael Jackson or Prince it is very common that people post their own compositions and promote it as "NEW SONG FROM ... ". I just never thought it would happen with an upcoming John Williams score. ;)

yes, it seems exactly what 's happening

But of course us true JWFans know real Williams music upon first listen like the War Horse trailer

For the record: I NEVER thought this to be real either. I do find it interesting that someone would go the length to publish this. I know with pop artist like Michael Jackson or Prince it is very common that people post their own compositions and promote it as "NEW SONG FROM ... ". I just never thought it would happen with an upcoming John Williams score. ;)

yes, it seems exactly what 's happening

But of course us true JWFans know real Williams music upon first listen like the War Horse trailer

OK! The new trailer is up on Youtube (not in HD yet). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLUis9pzrT8

No sign of John Williams...

But a longer trailer than the first teaser.

Kalli

Well, it seems that they're taking a lot of liberties wth the story and the scenes. But I don't mind for some reason. That trailer is very cool. Lots of adrenaline, like a digital Indiana Jones. The colours are wonderful.

Hmm... despite my feelings before, this definately looks worth a visit to the cinema. :up:

The thing that sets it apart from Zemeckis' pictures is the humor and energy. Love it. ;)

And I have good reasons to believe that around the 32 seconds mark there is a fragment of Williams' score to be heard. ;)

see roald? you change opinion more than the wind shifts direcction :P

J/k im glad you may enjoy the film after all.

I also think that maybe there is a little williams in there...

lets be not so harsh with the trailer music just in case it is true williams and we have to eat our words ;)

PD: awful legs on the cat and snowy. damn.

Hmm... despite my feelings before, this definately looks worth a visit to the cinema. :up:

The thing that sets it apart from Zemeckis' pictures is the humor and energy. Love it. ;)

And I have good reasons to believe that around the 32 seconds mark there is a fragment of Williams' score to be heard. ;)

Good call about the 32 sec mark! Not so farfetched at all. Although it doesn't seem like the bit from the leaked session ⸮

Kalli

Well that does it! If the cat and Snowy won't have anatomically correct legs then to hell with this movie. Why was it ever made if not to showcase canine and feline legs!!!???

Come on Manuel! Relax. It is not like there was bad Latin in there or something linguistically incorrect or weird star fish shaped hair-dos. ;)

I think the film looks fun and adventurous in the old fashioned sense.

Oh, I KNOW there is. ;)

Good call about the 32 sec mark! Not so farfetched at all. Although it doesn't seem like the bit from the leaked session ⸮

Kalli

I'm not guessing... ;)

Kudos to FilmComposer518 once more on this. :up:

Well that does it! If the cat and Snowy won't have anatomically correct legs then to hell with this movie. Why was it ever made if not to showcase canine and feline legs!!!???

Come on Manuel! Relax. It is not like there was bad Latin in there or something linguistically incorrect or weird star fish shaped hair-dos. ;)

;) for one moment i thought you were serious....

BTW animals are far more easy to do than humans... they should do them right. It looks very odd if not. Rembember the horses in beowulf? Horrible.

@ Roald's reactionary, fickle demeanor

Yawn.

Hey, I'm not completely overboard yet. But this trailer presents new layers which I didn't think the movie would have (based on the teaser). Thought Spielberg was going for a more mature CGI film akin to Beowulf. That wouldn't work for the same reasons Beowulf didn't work. But it looks like it's going to be vastly different so I'm giving it a chance. ;)

Oh, I KNOW there is. ;)

Kalli

I'm not guessing... ;)

Kudos to FilmComposer518 once more on this. :up:

Sooooo....have you heard it ? :eek: How is it? Minor key, major, lydian ? Is it good ? Will it become classic? Is it a fanfare like with lots of jumps like Indiana, Star Wars and Superman ? Fast ? Lots of snares? :w00t:

Really, I can't hardly wait. You lucky you....

From this small bit in the trailer it seems do be a minor key theme (F minor).

Kalli

0:20 - 0:38 is the Williams bit. ;D, I reckon. Well, at least definitely from 0:31 - 0:38. Not bad sounding. Pretty generic mesh of KOTCS light-heartedness / Battle of the Heroes though.

If that's Williams in the trailer then I'm rather indifferent after hearing it. If it's just an action cue from the score then great, but if there's supposed to be some thematic melody in there then I'm disappointed. Still early days of course, so I'll lay-off the premature doom mongering for the sake of not looking a complete tit.

If that's Williams in the trailer then I'm rather indifferent after hearing it. If it's just an action cue then great, but if there's supposed to be some thematic melody in there then I'm disappointed. Still early days of course, so I'll lay-off the doom mongering for the sake of not looking a complete tit.

It's only one line from a longer theme. I don't know if it's the main Tintin theme or just a theme from the film. I know it's from the score though.

I hope it's not the main theme, because as main themes go it's weak. As action music though, it's okay. Just seems odd that they wouldn't showcase a great new theme in the trailer, unless there just isn't one.

But as I said, it's too early to judge at this stage.

and what with the music from 0:22 to 0:31 that sounds like Williams too, I think?

Probably, but that's something I can't confirm.

It's possible, 2 people here know for sure and it's up to them if they want to admit it.

I'm not going to say anymore.

It's possible, 2 people here know for sure and it's up to them if they want to admit it.

I'm not going to say anymore.

This forum is full of mysteries and secrets.....

...and I love it!

Btw, they had the Tintin trailer in HD up on youtube (with french subtitles but hey) but now it's gone again.

Cool trailer! As far as the Williams bit goes, I think it sounds promising. I doubt it's a main theme, it doesn't sound lighthearted enough. But I don't think this means much - after all, there's only 5 seconds of score in that trailer, so it's hard to judge.

I'm excited!

Honestly, the new trailer does nothing for me. I'd rather see a live-action film out of this material. I just don't get motion-capture movies. Maybe not counting Beowulf, but that had little to do animation (which was just awful).

Karol

Just watched the trailer myself - I like it alot! Looks like a very fun movie, and I'd be interested in seeing it even if Spielberg and Williams weren't involved.

I don't get what's so much fuss about. The visual side doesn't pretend to be photorealistic, so why can't it be treated like another CGI animated feature?

As for Williams, I wait for more to say anything. 18 sec of action cue doesn't give me any clue about the score.

Ok, just to clear up a few things, don't know about the link Roald provided, if it''s legit or not. And not sure about the music in the trailer either.

The one Miss Padme provided is a fan made recording, if you watch it on youtube it states that.so that's not the real deal.

Ok, just to clear up a few things, don't know about the link Roald provided, if it''s legit or not. And not sure about the music in the trailer either.

It's not real. As I said:

I know nobody here is under the illusion that it is real, but to drive the nail into the coffin...the only way for this to be real would be if somebody stole the sheet music and created this midi, since Williams himself never uses synth demos. And according to the YouTube poster, his son-in-law took this recording from the recording session, so that clearly isn't the case.

Trailer doesn't really make me anticipate the film much really.

And I'm not judging the score based on 10 seconds that aren't even confirmed to be Williams. We're better than this, people!