The Adventures of Tintin MOVIE Anticipation thread (News, Interviews, Images, Posters, etc)

TownerFan

Trailer doesn't really make me anticipate the film much really.

And I'm not judging the score based on 10 seconds that aren't even confirmed to be Williams. We're better than this, people!

It's Williams. lol

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes those few seconds told everything we need to know to announce judgement. Williams is just that good. Just 5 seconds is enough even though buried in sound effects and dialogue to give us the entire scope of the music. It will be OMG so awesome!

Uhm, kinda starting to feel like Sheldon Cooper here... :(

Unless we have 2 minutes of relatively pristine JW music from a score we can't properly judge. Give us War Horse trailer length snippets. Then we will be satisfied. ;)

To be the priviledged one who has heard or is in the know of new Williams music is to be alone. The question is will you bear this burden?

And the sarcasm? Yes it is the way we register despair and envy.

A truly precipitous fall for a once great film composer. This might be the end of Williams' career. A sad way to go out.

Worse still, he's bound to be the laughing stock of the industry. An awkward embarrassment to those who must still associate with him.

I like the trailer and the snippet of music sounds like vintage Williams, very promising. Who knows, perhaps Tintin will deliver the kind of movie we expected from KOTCS (although I quite like KOTCS).

I must be the only one here who is completely unenvious and perfectly happy to wait till such music is released officially.

And I really wouldn't want it any other way.

HD version:

Captain Haddock is superbly realised by the looks of it. Bound to steal the show.

It looks very impressive in full screen. Totally engrossing

you guys know that the 10 second snippet from the trailer will be part of the best action cue from the film that wont be on the CD, rrright???

as long as they put pre-viz videos on the DVDs..

I must be the only one here who is completely unenvious and perfectly happy to wait till such music is released officially.

No, frankly I don't care about this film, I may end up seeing it or I may wait until it comes out on DVD.

The only thing that is certain is that I will be buying the soundtrack as soon as it's released, it's John Williams, that's all that needs to be said.

No, you and me both.

No, frankly I don't care about this film, I may end up seeing it or I may wait until it comes out on DVD.

Wow really? I thought the latest trailer was really good, looks like a really fun movie!

Wow really? I thought the latest trailer was really good, looks like a really fun movie!

You're clearly an envious and unhappy person.

Tintin just doesn't interest me. Doesn't mean it's a bad film or that I may end up liking it once I see it.

I mean I've missed all the HP films since GOF and managed to do ok. ;)

GOF was the worst Harry Potter film, all the ones since then have been better and better

and lets not compare HP with spielberg, and jackson.

I mean only for the people involved i would be curious about the film.

And Its not that the adventures of tin tin is some boring, philosophical and disgustically drawed comic book...

Yea, it looks like a fun action/adventure movie! Just what this summer needs (everything that's come out is so dark and serious-minded). Too bad its not coming out till the fall!

No one is comparing Spielberg and HP, don't understand how you got that impression.

And to some people I would imagine Tintin is boring, I doubt every single person in Europe loves him.

And to some people I would imagine Tintin is boring, I doubt every single person in Europe loves him.

:wave:

The trailer looks much more exciting to me than the comics ever were.

I have no clue who or what Tin Tin is, and none of my friends have ever mentioned him or the comics at all. I just saw the new trailer and thought it looked like it'll be a good movie. That fact that Spielberg, Jackon, and Williams are behind it is just icing on the cake!

It's funny. I have spent hours and hours on this board telling (almost patronizing, I suppose) other members about their lack of open mindedness or respect towards other people's opinion. And yet Mark's statement is making me swallow my own words. I'm either a hypocrite or I'm becoming more set in my ways with age.

If everything falls into the right places, we'll have a very enjoyable, JW-scored adventure romp out of it. And this ain't a bad thing imho. I frankly don't care about all the tech-y discussions about the supposedly lifeless nature of motion capture renderings or whatever. I've always admired Spielberg's filmmaking and that's enough to bring myself to the theater. If I'll get some 2hrs. worth of pure adventure storytelling accompained by a bombastic John Williams score, I'll be definitely happy.

If everything falls into the right places, we'll have a very enjoyable, JW-scored adventure romp out of it. And this ain't a bad thing imho. I frankly don't care about all the tech-y discussions about the supposedly lifeless nature of motion capture renderings or whatever. I've always admired Spielberg's filmmaking and that's enough to bring myself to the theater. If I'll get some 2hrs. worth of pure adventure storytelling accompained by a bombastic John Williams score, I'll be definitely happy.

Well that sums it up for me as well Maurizio. I am definitely going to see the film even if just for the kind of old fashioned adventure feel it seems to posses. Oh and the score of course. ;)

:wave:

Finland never was part of Europe, and never will be.

Yes I think this the last place on the edge of the world. But I am educated enough to spell Tintin right. We have elementary schools and libraries here you know! :pfft:

Even though I like Tintin, my primary reasons to see the film are Spielberg, Williams and, well everybody else involved.

I will go see everything Mr Spielberg releases.

Oh, Europe! You mean that the Jupiter's moon, right? We were never part of that one, as far as I know. ;)

Karol

That's Europa, not Europe.

Oh, Europe! You mean that the Jupiter's moon, right? We were never part of that one, as far as I know. ;)

Karol

In Polish that's the word for Europe.

Karol

No one is comparing Spielberg and HP, don't understand how you got that impression.

Maybe not, but everyone knows WHO it is. He's a cultural icon over here.

Personally, I've read a lot of the comics, but he was never my favourite.

If Finland is not a part of Europe, on what continent would I find it? Extreme Northwestern Asia, or Far-Flung Northern Africa?

Yea, two minutes, notwithstanding any seconds that the timestamps don't show. That was fast.

No, I don't have a corgi. I have a mutt.

If Finland is not a part of Europe, on what continent would I find it? Extreme Northwestern Asia, or Far-Flung Northern Africa?

It is floating above Europe. ;)

Karol

Karol

In Polish that's the word for Europe.

Karol

In Spanish too, but I realized the moon is always called Europa in English.

Karol

Actually it is floating in a place called the Forbidden Phantom Zone. It is brought to contact with Europe from time to time in the empty spot between Sweden and Russia by strange fluctuations of tachyon fields.

Karol

It's not a place you can reach by car or train, then, is it? It's far, far away.