The Adventures of Tintin MOVIE Anticipation thread (News, Interviews, Images, Posters, etc)

TownerFan

Now we expect copious notes on the music do you hear me! Copious notes! It's not fun and games, it is a serious musico-dramatic research expedition! :stick:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having seen Tintin last night I'd say there's no reason at all for Tintin being 'an unkown quantity' in North America being an impediment to its popularity there later this autumn.

The film moves at a wonderful pace (how nice to have an adventure movie that actually moves rather than lumbers along, and which clocks in under two hours...more screenings per day, too, of course ). The movie also punctuates the high energy action with a welcome dose of physical and verbal humour. It's also a visually rich experience..better than life almost. It's a real treat. Finally, the film's plot mechanics are working just wonderfully with everything laid out and set up / paid off just right. The sweet precision of the Hollywood studio film style is nicely at work here. Interesting, too, I think that it's animated films that often have tighter, clearer, stronger storytelling than live action titles.

James

www.twitter.com/jasclarkewriter

Cool new featurette showing Spielberg and Jackson talking about making the film together. Features that same bit of unreleased Karaboudjan music at the beginning as well

I found out about it from this article, which thinks that the loop of music on the official site is all Williams :lol:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/11/04/tintin-website/

Entertainment Weekly gets more hilarious by the day...

Also, 18 films have been submitted for the Animated Feature category, including Tintin: http://www.oscars.or.../20111104a.html

But that doesn't necessarily mean it's eligible yet, right?

It's lucky that Tintin is up against what is probably the worst reviewed Pixar film ever...it definitely has a good chance. Has a Pixar film ever been nominated for best animated film without winning?

Has the same director ever won Best Picture and Best Animated Film in the same year? Not saying I think Spielberg will, but it would be awesome.

Yes. Twice, actually. Monsters Inc. lost to Shrek, and Cars lost to Happy Feet.

As to your second question, I was just thinking about that today, what with all the buzz around both War Horse and Tintin. That would be hilarious if they both won.

It's official... Tintin's North American launch will be in the Province of Québec on December 9th.

http://moncinema.cyberpresse.ca/nouvelles-et-critiques/nouvelles/nouvelle-cinema/16031-tintin-fera-ses-debuts-nord-americains-au-quebec.html?utm_categorieinterne=trafficdrivers&utm_contenuinterne=cyberpresse_B2_cinema_261_accueil_POS4

Anyone planning a trip to Montréal to see it 2 weeks before everyone else?

It doesn't mention if the movie will be available in French-only during the 2-week period. Many theatres still show the original English version of films for those of us who aren't fans of dubbing.

In the run up to War Horse and Tintin's respective North American releases, there's a nice piece about JW here: http://www.salon.com/2011/11/12/john_williams_greatest_hits/slide_show/

Hi gang

Have you seen this little sneak peek at the JW/SS AFI/TCM (how many more abbreviations can I work in here ? ) interview: http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/454174/Now-Playing-Master-Class-TCM-Original-November-2011.html

• 2 weeks later...

The official release date of the dvd (in Europe) is confirmed!

2012-02-27

No VHS release? Fuck that shit.

Who cares about VHS, no LD release? no Betamax release? NO 8mm RELEASE???

I saw a TV spot that used a critic's quote. It was something like "this is the perfect combination of Pirates of the Caribbean and Indiana Jones." I hope Spielberg hasn't been entirely derivative in this film, I'm expecting something a little different.

And John Williams has received his first Annie nomination for Tintin :)

#18 – Music in a Feature Production

Henry Jackman “Puss In Boots” DreamWorks Animation

John Williams “Tintin” Amblin Entertainment, Wingnut Films and Kennedy/Marshall

Mikael Mutti, Siedah Garrett, Carlinhos Brown, Sergio Mendes, John Powell, “Rio” Blue Sky Studios

Zooey Deschannel, Kristen Anderson-Lopez, Henry Jackman, Robert Lopez “Winnie The Pooh” Walt Disney Animation Studios