Intrada's next release

TownerFan

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Monsignor score... but I don't understand why this work was nominated in 1983 Razzie Award as Worst Musical Score. :blink:

The music doesn't work well in the film? (I didn't see this movie)

Ordered......thanks for the heads-up, people......

Greg - cradling his Karate Kid box set that arrived yesterday...less than 100 left if you still want one.....

I like Monsignor score... but I don't understand why this work was nominated in 1983 Razzie Award as Worst Musical Score. :mrgreen:

The music doesn't work well in the film? (I didn't see this movie)

Because the movie is crap and it was an opportunity to piss at the most popular and awarded composer at the time.

You should know the Razzies, like the Oscars, are not all about the quality of the movies really.

Winner: The Pirate Movie by Kit Hain

Other Nominees:

Butterfly (1982) - Ennio Morricone

Death Wish II (1982) - Jimmy Page (I)

Monsignor (1982) - John Williams (I)

The Thing (1982) - Ennio Morricone

Ordered......thanks for the heads-up, people......

Greg - cradling his Karate Kid box set that arrived yesterday...less than 100 left if you still want one.....

I've been thinking about it but I dont have the cash yet :D

It's a money issue. Limited = one time production of x number of product, Regular = product is restocked (usually for several for years).

Oh. And they feel that if they put more money into it, and have it restocked, they would ultimatly loose money, because of the low demand of the item?

Supply and demand. There simply is not a high demand for this stuff. Varese still had Home Alone 2 and that had been out for 4 years. 4 years to sell 3000 units= low demand.

There's also some legal mumbo jumbo that makes limited releases cheaper. And soundtracks are a very, very small niche in the music market.

I wonder how fast Monsignor will really sell out. It's not like they can sell 50,000 of these in a week.

It's also to do apparently with Union fees for the orchestras involved....John Ottman explained to me that for a release of 3000 or less there are basically no fees to pay, but anything above that number and big bucks to orchestral union become involved.

Greg

Monsignor was recorded with the London Symphony Orchestra.

Neil

I think we were adressing this issue in abstract terms, Neil, and not refering to this particular release.

Of course, in this case, it can have been a contractual imposition from Universal...

I've been thinking about it but I dont have the cash yet :)

Well by the time you get the cash this thing may be sold out and you will need to find another $80 on top of the initial $20 to get it off E-bay. If you really want it get it! Credit Cards are good for this.

I never saw Monsignor nor heard a single note. What's the score like?

Is nice! Hi five!

It 's really good and the LaLaLand issue is in Stereo.Actually it's one of my fav.Williams scores.

But it's not complete,You need to edit some tracks from the Irwin Allen Box Set to get the missing cues.Which I did earlier this year.Now I have a complete Lost in Space(the 4 Williams episode scores)

Damn you KM! I read your post last night and it got me wondering about the LalaLand CD. I checked it out on Amazon. Unfortunately I was in a meloncholy mood for reason's I won't go into, and that always makes me more likely to buy something to cheer myself up. Well, I ordered it! Now I REALLY have no money!

I already have the first 3 Lost in Space volumes (I got the fantastic Irwin Allen CD set which includes the first 2, and bought volume 3 when it came out seperately) so now I will have the complete Williams Lost in Space, right?

It 's really good and the LaLaLand issue is in Stereo.Actually it's one of my fav.Williams scores.

But it's not complete,You need to edit some tracks from the Irwin Allen Box Set to get the missing cues.Which I did earlier this year.Now I have a complete Lost in Space(the 4 Williams episode scores)

Damn you KM! I read your post last night and it got me wondering about the LalaLand CD. I checked it out on Amazon. Unfortunately I was in a meloncholy mood for reason's I won't go into, and that always makes me more likely to buy something to cheer myself up. Well, I ordered it! Now I REALLY have no money!

I already have the first 3 Lost in Space volumes (I got the fantastic Irwin Allen CD set which includes the first 2, and bought volume 3 when it came out seperately) so now I will have the complete Williams Lost in Space, right?

yes

I ordered mine Monday night and received it Thursday.

Who do they ship with? As you know delivery companies seem to have problems finding my house. If it's just USPS I'll be OK.

I ordered mine Monday night and received it Thursday.

Who do they ship with? As you know delivery companies seem to have problems finding my house. If it's just USPS I'll be OK.

They use the postal service and I have them ship first class.

I always order my Intrada release the night they are announced and get them by the following Saturday, Monday at the latest.

How's the sound on Gloria?Better than the LP rip boot?

k.M.

Probably, though my LP rip was a recent one done by anonymous collector of Williams music that was apparently better than the prevalent ones. The sound quality on this CD is great, anyway. For example, there are none of the fluctuations in pitch one often notices when dealt a single, sustained note. The only problem I noticed is that there's a little clipping at the beginning of "Gloria."

What a great score! I've had the music for a while, but it took the CD release for me to really listen to it again. Nice '80s-Williams sound obviously, and the theme really grows on you. A few sections remind me of E.T., with that beautiful string writing, and there's one very short bit (3:34-3:39 in "The Meeting in Sicily") that's pure, thrilling Williams at his best. Nice to have this on CD finally, with the liner notes and everything.

Ray Barnsbury

I dunno, how long does it take mail to go from California to Maryland?

I believe Intrada also sends out CDs from the east coast, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I believe Intrada also sends out CDs from the east coast, so that shouldn't be an issue.

No they don't but SAE stocks Intrada releases and they are on the east coast. But then you have to wait for them to get the items in stock before they ship.

You're probabaly thinking of FSM, SAE distributes their CDs.