Intrada's next release

TownerFan

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda wish it were complete. If it had more music than the LP, I think I wouldn't hesitate but missing 3 minutes?... I'll remember to cry latter lol

Nothing from the LP is missing in this edition, I think. It originally lacked those 3 minutes from the film soundtrack that weren't on the LP. But there are also other 10 minutes not used in the film.

I don't know,I do remember an interview with Mastessino or Nick Redman a few years ago who claimed to have the master tapes of Monsignor with a bunch of music not on the album,meaning there could be a lot of alternates and stuff.Sounds like they couldn't release the whole thing and there downplaying it.

I don't know,I do remember an interview with Mastessino or Nick Redman a few years ago who claimed to have the master tapes of Monsignor with a bunch of music not on the album,meaning there could be a lot of alternates and stuff.Sounds like they couldn't release the whole thing and there downplaying it.

That's bad. :cool:

I don't have a link .It's just something I remember beeing discussed on the Message Board.That is why I have always thought since then a c.d. release of Monsignor would be complete and not just a LP re-issue

Found this on FSM message board:

Redman was recently asked by our contributor Amer Zahid about possible expanded releases of the Indiana Jones scores and an official CD release of Monsignor, and this is what he had to say:

"Although Monsignor (one of my favorites) is a Fox film, the original album was on Casablanca Records, now owned by Universal/Vivendi. It's a shame because I have the complete recording sessions in terrific sound, and we are trying to plead a special case for it. We'll just have to wait and see.

I guess there are alternates and unreleased stuff indeed, but in this case I believe the original album presentation is so strong and enjoyable that it doesn't really cry out for an expansion. I'm already happy this score is finally out on CD :cool:

Now I understand why everyody wanted this score to be released. I absolutely love the first two samples (the only one sI have played; I'll listen to the rest on CD); it's quintessential Williams at his most beautiful. I wish he were afforded the opportunity to write such scores again-- Memoirs of a Geisha is beautiful too, but this one (these two samples, at least) has a refreshingly "bright" quality.

Ordered! :D

Just listening to these samples without any pops or hiss is wonderful. Can't wait to hear "Gloria" all the way through.

Man, I've been begging for this one for so long... Now I need to pick something else obscure to campaign for. Daddy-O, perhaps? :cool:

Man, I've been begging for this one for so long... Now I need to pick something else obscure to campaign for. Daddy-O, perhaps? :cool:

Family Plot!

Do I really have money to spare for this right now?

Aw, shoot.

Ordered.

Damn you, mob mentality!

Hmm. Darn good excuse. I'll have to remember it.

To illustrate what I meant above about Monsignor (finding the clips refreshing, "bright", typical Williams), I'm playing Space Camp right now-- the air also happens to be rather balmy (more exactly, a happy combination of the radiator & the open window) and the overall atmosphere of a very pleasant kind that harkens back to the happier, carefree days when I got this score, making for a wonderful time.

Apart from the tense suspense towards the end, I love the carefree nature of thisscore; it's brimming with joy, optimism, awe, magic, ...

This ought to be re-released for those who don't have it.

Do I really have money to spare for this right now?

Aw, shoot.

Ordered.

Damn you, mob mentality!

hmm,this is a major JW release on a JW MB.Of course you have to order it.

Mob Mentality=Ghostbusters.It ended up beeing very overrrated

Man, I've been begging for this one for so long... Now I need to pick something else obscure to campaign for. Daddy-O, perhaps? <_<

I'd rather have Cinderella Liberty officially released on CD. It's one of my favorite John Williams scores. Actually, every unreleased John Williams score should be released, and the OOP ones should be re-released. I'm sure quite a few will be when he passes.

I'd rather have Cinderella Liberty officially released on CD. It's one of my favorite John Williams scores.

Get the DVD with the isolated score. Also, there is some stuff on the LP that didn't make into the film.

I have the LP rip, the one paried with The Reivers, and Disc 1 of the 3CD score that I think you yourself made.

An official release with all the music for me to purchase and add to my collection would be nice, is what I meant.

I as well, although I am far too young to have been around for previous limited Williams releases. I'm in desperate search for a reasonably priced The Towering Inferno, Fitzwilly, and The Fury. I was lucky on The Poseidon Adventure by having a really great friend that was generous enough to spare 1 of his 2 copies as a gift. It is one of the greatest acts of kindness I've ever seen, and I cherish it dearly.

I have to buy Home Alone 2 Deluxe and Lost in space LaLaLand.It's 2 official releases I've settled with trades,but I should really get them

I got Home Alone 2 and Heartbeeps from Varese. I need to get Stanley & Iris from them, but I hate paying 6 bucks for shipping that's worth only 50 cents. Seriously, 6 bucks for a thin slip of cardboard, everything I've ordered from that site comes cracked and creased.

It 's really good and the LaLaLand issue is in Stereo.Actually it's one of my fav.Williams scores.

But it's not complete,You need to edit some tracks from the Irwin Allen Box Set to get the missing cues.Which I did earlier this year.Now I have a complete Lost in Space(the 4 Williams episode scores)

I grew up on the series and it was probably my first exposition to Williams.Some of the themes are hard to get out of your head."Mynoc cave" from ESB is very Lost in Space like music.