What is your favourite snack at the theater?

King Mark

Mine is

Large Diet Coke

Medium Popcorn with Butter and 2 enveloppes of Ketchup powder topping ("Shakers")

and sometimes Twizzlers.

K.M.Who stuffed himslef on popcorn today while watching American Gangster

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, this is a difficult topic for me, because they DISCONTINUED my favorite snack: Kit-Kat Bites. The combination of those chocolate covered wafers washed down with Cherry Coke in a darkened theatre...it was bliss.

They should forbid eating in cinemas. It disturbs the viewing experience. It's just as annoying as talking or as those people who put their feet on the back of the seat in front of them.

They should forbid eating in cinemas. It disturbs the viewing experience. It's just as annoying as talking or as those people who put their feet on the back of the seat in front of them.

Here here.

Although I couldn't resist bringing a pack of Maltesers when I saw Chocolat in 2001. They were better than the movie.

It's not hard to imagine. I was going to to say the same kind of thing, but thought better.

You should go to Academy screenings. They don't allow food. I had to throw out half a pack of gum one time. I thought that was a bit extreme.

I go for a medium popcorn and a small fruit punch when I go to movies that allow food.

Neil

I've been to places where you're not even allowed to take water in. :angry:

A cinema I was at a couple of weeks ago had a warning that anyone who brought food or drink into the screening room would be removed. Fortunately I was only seeing a fairly short movie.

I haven't been to the cinema since The Simpsons Movie. Keep meaning to get one of those monthly unlimited cards my brother has.

However, I never drink anything - the risk of needing a leek is not something I like to gamble on.

Anything I eat comes from home or a nearby shop and sneaked in my pocket. Having said that, the guys I was with last time went to Tesco and picked up some nuts and haribos in a rather obvious carrier bag. No one seemed to give a crap.

I never eat and drink in the cinema. Drinking makes me go to the toilet every once in a while, which is rather annoying, especially when the movie reaches climax. Eating on the other hand is generally very disturbing for the other members of the audience so I try to avoid that (I don't like it myself when I keep hearing that somebody sitting next to me is munching something when I try to concentrate on the plot 'n' music).

The Cinematque here forbids food. I always bring in a bottle of water. For Multiplexes- a popcorn movie has popcorn, and a serious movie rarely has offensive viewers in it at all.

In general, my goal is mineral water and some form of mint (Orbit, Mentos, Tic Tac...sometimes all three, for variaton). All to often, I surrender to the multiplex and get a coke, and, more rarely, a popcorn.

Talking is the worst offence, by far. If I need to send a text message, I always shield my phone so that it won't bother anyone. On sparsly populated viewings, I do like to spread out, putting my feet wherever they will fit for maximum comfort. but only if there is no one in my immidiate vicinity (aside from my guest), and only once the set time has passed (I don't mind making people who come late uncomfortable).

I go at least once a week,sometimes more.

K.M.

Same here.

Usually I don't get anything cause they're so damn expensive, but occasionally I'll have a large Cherry Coke and Reese's Pieces. Oh, and sometimes a box of Junior Mints... it's chocolate, it's peppermint, it's delicious! They're very refreshing.

My theater allows you to bring outside food or drink. They don't advertise it for obvious reasons, which is why most people don't know about it, but I sometimes like to enjoy a caramel frappuccino when watching a movie.

Yes. On occasions when I've eaten while in the cinema (mostly when I was younger), the food distracted me and I associated elements of the film with its taste. As for popcorn, fuck it to hell. Its crunching sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard; it's a serious aural disruption.

Mine is

Large Diet Coke

Medium Popcorn with Butter and 2 enveloppes of Ketchup powder topping ("Shakers")

and sometimes Twizzlers.

why would you drink a nasty drink like diet coke, that shit is foul.

Its not dietary at all, in fact its worse for you than regular coke especially if you are dieting. your a doctor and a dentist you should know that.

the ketchup flavored powder sounds so gross.

I want a coke, and buttered popcorn and if I get a topping its white cheddar sprinkles

Mine is

Large Diet Coke

and sometimes Twizzlers.

Its not dietary at all, in fact its worse for you than regular coke especially if you are dieting. your a doctor and a dentist you should know that.

I want a coke, and buttered popcorn and if I get a topping its white cheddar sprinkles

Really? How much do you weigh?

All kidding aside, the aspartame they put in sugar-free soft drinks isn't good for you either.

Mine is

Large Diet Coke

and sometimes Twizzlers.

Really? How much do you weigh?

All kidding aside, the aspartame they put in sugar-free soft drinks isn't good for you either.

Hey,I don't eat junk food all week ,this wasn't a discussion about nutrition and I'm not overweight either

And it bothers no one. People enjoy the special odor it brings along.
It's gross.

Nothing as aesthethic as a cloud of smoke silhouetting a flickering jet of light in a dark room. But if you wanna see the glass as half-empty...

-Tom, ex smoker anyway.

Nothing as aesthethic as a cloud of smoke silhouetting a flickering jet of light in a dark room.

In photography perhaps.

But in real life it brings a foul stench and painful airways.

Nothing as aesthethic as a cloud of smoke silhouetting a flickering jet of light in a dark room.

In photography perhaps.

But in real life it brings a foul stench and painful airways.

you'd make a fine movie theatre usher.

I wish I was more bohemian, but, sorry Ross, I'm with Marc. A theater for smokers is one thing, but as a consiencous smoker, I'd feel very uncomfrotable smoking around non-smokers, unless that's the price they're willing to pay for the company they keep.

I believe people have a right to smoke, but their rights to smoke is always secondary to the rights of the non smokers.

Wonderfully here in Arkansas you cannot smoke in public places anymore.

Like I said, I would never force a non-smoker to be victim to my smoke. I do think that smoking should be largely banned indoors in public places, although some accomodation can be made in certain situations, there is very little in the way of insulated, ventilated smoking sections in most places.