Star Wars: The Clone Wars score

Jarbas

I like to hear some more John Williams' music for Star Wars saga! :(

Despite all the criticism about the prequel scores, of which do not share in its majority.

Your thoughts, please!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:(

You just wanted to create a SW bashing thread do you?

Williams is not scoring these. I doubt they even hire a real orchestra :(

No, simply I'm a dreamer! But ok, you just destroyed my hopes... :(

we already have a couple of animated movie scores, Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith.

Well, assuming he isn't really scoring any other movies other than the Spielberg films and occasionally some others, yes, I would take a TV score by JW over no score by JW. I would rather he scores films, but a chance to hear any of his music for Hollywood would be great.

It's probably best that Williams doesn't score this, but I sure feel sorry for anyone who actually ends up doing it. He will undoubtedly be compared to Williams with everything, which would be next to impossible to live up to.

It's probably best that Williams doesn't score this, but I sure feel sorry for anyone who actually ends up doing it. He will undoubtedly be compared to Williams with everything, which would be next to impossible to live up to.

Indeed!

(...) but a chance to hear any of his music for Hollywood would be great.

I'm wondering here what the hell does that mean?

I'm just saying that I personally prefer JW's film music to his classic music. I know you think differently, but I would rather he scored a TV show than just classical music. Of course, this is assuming he's in this "semi-retirment" thing people are talking about.

Correct. If this happens, this person would be wise to make the score as humble as possible. Keep it percussive whenever possible and keep the use of themes unnoticeable.

They used a real orchestra for the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles and even for Shadows of the Empire (which wasn't even a movie), so I would not be surprised if they use a real orchestra in this case.

Star Wars fans will gobble anything up, they don't seem too discriminating in their taste. A flashy lightsaber fight or space battle is all that is needed to please them. I certainly will have nothing to do with this even if by some chance JW is involved.

Correct. If this happens, this person would be wise to make the score as humble as possible. Keep it percussive whenever possible and keep the use of themes unnoticeable.

That would just make the series suck even more than it's already going to.

I honestly think there's a chance for a nice score if they hire somebody competent like Joel McNeely. (James L. Venable and that other guy wrote some decent music for the cartoon series, but it was synth.)

Everyone just seems to bash Star Wars! Whats happened!??

Is it how much money it takes or something?

I can't help it that a lightsaber battle gets me excited! but the thought of Williams Scoring the TV series is more exciting, but won't happen :( shame

I would assume that like in the cartoon version, some of the music will be tracked in but then there will be a lot of new material.

I would prefer it if "The Arena" and "Boun ty Hunter's Pursuit" weren't the only ones this time around though. Include some TPM or Revenge of the Sith!

They used a real orchestra for the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles and even for Shadows of the Empire (which wasn't even a movie), so I would not be surprised if they use a real orchestra in this case.

mmm true. Maybe at least this theatrical pilot episode has an original orchestral score.

To quote cute with Chris

"All your dreams are dead."

lol

Anyways, I would have to agree that they might do a real orchestral score for the theatrical one... but the epiosdes... don't know...

And then who would they have to do the film one? I mean, Williams doesn't score movies he can't physically watch which I think is probably a reason why he doesn't do animated films...

But these have been completed for some time now, which means he can sit down, and be relatively assured that there won't be much more editing done... and can score them...

So who knows... maybe....Its not like he's busy doing anything else lol

I honestly think there's a chance for a nice score if they hire somebody competent like Joel McNeely.

He's already established himself as Star Wars' next composer with Shadows of the Empire. I be very happy with him.

I honestly think there's a chance for a nice score if they hire somebody competent like Joel McNeely.

He's already established himself as Star Wars' next composer with Shadows of the Empire. I be very happy with him.

I love the Shadows of the Empire Score, Joel McNeely would do a great job ;)

I want more live action Star Wars movies

I understand its been 25 years since Return of the Jedi came out.

If John was ready to leave Potter behind after two (and a half) scores, he should've had more than enough of Star Wars by now. So have I, so I don't have much interest in this project.

I think they will just use the composer from the animated clone wars and track music from the other movies, which is what they did before. Which wasn't to good :lol: