So this is.... NOT the first clip from Williams' KOTCS score

crumbs

I think it could be Williams. I'm not saying it is, but there is a possibility. I remember when the first clip of ROTS was available -- I believe it was R2-D2 sequence in the opening battle -- many people on this Board thought it was MV-ish, but was actually Williams' score.

And when Chase Through Coruscant first made its way online, no one knew what it was, but I remember quite a few, "Electric Guitars in a Star Wars score? If you think that's Williams, you're insane!" Not that I was sure it was Williams then, but I rememeber thinking, "well it could be."

To both:

IIRC, the AOTC OST leaked complete, so noone doubted it was Williams. If something leaked 1st whas the love theme.

The only freak out people had was that with the name 'Across the stars', people thought it could be a song.

And well Williams has used Electric guitars in his 60s scores.

Second the buzz droid passage was thought to be temp-track and in second instance to sound somewhat Harrypotterish. No mention of MV.

Greateye are you joking (and taking advantage that FSM site is down) ? or was it true? I'm dying. :)

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why aren't you just looking at the link he provided???

i did and i thought it was a alegory that he was freaked out.

So that was a joke.

not very funny. I would have put the link in the word FSM.

I can't tell if this is a joke or not. The FSM site isn't loading for me. Is there any confirmation one way or the other?

Ted

Probably collapsed under legions of Williams fans desperate for the ultimate truth, and deciding whether to take their suicide pills :)

COS is a Williams masterpiece compared to this.

Yes but its not the work of Mr Williams... :)

and i was being sarcastic... I know that a part of it was written by the maestro.

That is MV trailer music .If it's Williams I'll eat my hat

If you like we can share your hat if this is Williams...

I know Williams good enought to say this isn't his music.

Seriously, I thought this would have settled the matter right then and there.

Remember Revenge of the Sith? Lucasfilm showed a small preview 3 months before the release and it had a barely audible 3 second clip of music burried under sound effects (the "scorpion motif" when the buzz droid runs across Obi Wans ship) I was the only one convinced it was Williams and it was....and we only confirmed it 6 months after the release when the ( inaudibly mixed )cue leaked in a videogame.

The point beeing...I lost my point

Remember Revenge of the Sith? Lucasfilm showed a small preview 3 months before the release and it had a barely audible 3 second clip of music burried under sound effects (the "scorpion motif" when the buzz droid runs across Obi Wans ship) I was the only one convinced it was Williams and it was....and we only confirmed it 6 months after the release when the ( inaudibly mixed )cue leaked in a videogame.
Second the buzz droid passage was thought to be temp-track and in second instance to sound somewhat Harrypotterish. No mention of MV.

I remembered it -_-

COS is a Williams masterpiece compared to this.

Yes but its not the work of Mr Williams... :)

and i was being sarcastic... I know that a part of it was written by the maestro.

My point was that compared to this piece, COS becomes a Williams masterpiece (even if he did not wrote all of it )

Well that's torn it. FSM's main page has it there. It has confirmed it to be original music from Indy 4 -_- -_-

:)

No..that's not true, it's impossible!!!

BTW if some of you fellas can't find that funny then you need to lighten up a bit... geez.

I also made a mistake and thought the Music Box trailer music for Prisoner of Azcaban MIGHT be Williams .I knew I was wrong the 1st second I heard an actual score clip on another TV preview because when it's really Williams it's obvious.

was that compared to this piece, COS becomes a Williams masterpiece (even if he did not wrote all of it )

Leave that out of the discussion,we are still missing a piece of that puzzle

I have to agree though that I doubt Empire Online would be able to get music from the score this far early. Chances are we won't be hearing actual music from the score until more trailers start showing up.

was that compared to this piece, COS becomes a Williams masterpiece (even if he did not wrote all of it )

Leave that out of the discussion,we are still missing a piece of that puzzle

I think i am the only one to support you in this crusade :)

I really hope that's not williams...

If you trust me, you know it's not -_-

But you have to admit that themelody played by the Horns is a pretty clear Williams rip off... i mean just the melody not particulary the orchestration.. isn't it.

Jeez.. I'm split on one side I want to believe that it is KOTCS on the other side.. I think it's ridiculous thinking that is true.. maaan :)

If you trust me, you know it's not :)

But you have to admit that themelody played by the Horns is a pretty clear Williams rip off... i mean just the melody not particulary the orchestration.. isn't it.

that could be debney for example.

If you trust me, you know it's not :)

that could be debney for example.

Yes I think that's true.. he was my first guess anyway... I just find it strange that no one of us soundtrack freaks actually knows it.. but one can't know everything -_- It could easily be taken out of a computergame

Not sampled, but I don't think it's Williams either, although it is too short to completely decide. Doesn't sound like him though.

Not sampled, but I don't think it's Williams either, although it is too short to completely decide. Doesn't sound like him though.

No it's not sampled... (but maybe with the Symphonic Cube from the Vienna Sound Library... man that sounds fantastic!!!)

No it's not sampled... (but maybe with the Symphonic Cube from the Vienna Sound Library... man that sounds fantastic!!!)

No way, nothing like that. That can't do anything like this, especially not the brass.... On a second listen however (I was just listening on my laptop speakers first), the sound quality is so bad that I can't say for sure it isn't sampled. But I think it is recorded, especially judging by horns and trumpets.

You know, I would have to say that I don't think that JW wrote that music. The choir sounds VERY out of place for an Indy score.

But it would not be the end of the world if it was. I think it is silly to judge music by a 15 second or so bit you hear. If music is only about style, than go right ahead. But if that is all music means to you, than that is ashame. I think that if JW wrote in this style, he would do it with skill and musical depth, and I would love it.

That being said, I really don't think that is Indy 4 music.

Colin Thomson

Actually, if Williams were to write in that style, that clip would probably sound like Williams... writing in that style.

The thing is just that... he doesn't write in that style.

Is this still making sense?

I don't think it is, either. What I am saying is that one musical style is not really below another. It is just that a certain type of composer is drawn to that style, and tries to appeal to a certain crowd. John Williams would put good thematic developement in, interesting counterpoint, fascinating harmonic progressions, the whole thing, in that style, and it would be wonderful. Because he doesn't really write bad music, no matter what style he is writing in. It probably would be good for MV to see what a truly great composer can do with their sounds.

Colin Thomson

No way, nothing like that. That can't do anything like this, especially not the brass.... On a second listen however (I was just listening on my laptop speakers first), the sound quality is so bad that I can't say for sure it isn't sampled. But I think it is recorded, especially judging by horns and trumpets.

the symphonic cube costs about 14.000€ and is fantastic just go to this site and listen to the fanfare for the common man.. that was created only with the vsl you have to listen very closely to tell its sampled http://vsl.co.at/en/67/4587/5001.vsl#

or somewhere in my memory at the bottom http://vsl.co.at/en/67/4587/4851.vsl#

And yes the whole composition... its just not williams style.. the chord progressions it sounds to much like basic hollywoodwriting to me.

But then again dindn't the trailer start with MV music? ;)

You know what actually came to my mind... Tha IS KOTCS MUSIC... and Hans Zimmer truly had done a replacement score!!!!

:thumbup:

Well I think the music in the clip sounds a little like Cutthroat Island but it’s not , yes a bit pirate theme but not uncomon of Williams to use a choir. If im not mistaken I can hear bits of TOD, The slave children’s crusade, But that may be wishful thinking. Howevere I quite like it.

This thread is about as funny as they come.

Hey, it got to page 3 before I even got home from work. Best I can do.

MissPadme mentioned Jeremy Soule, what do you think Henry? Doesn't quite sound like him to me.

Well that's torn it. FSM's main page has it there. It has confirmed it to be original music from Indy 4 ;):thumbup:

I knew exactly what I was getting, and I clicked it anyway. I like the song and I'm not "too shy... to say it." :P

But regarding the other music, I may ask some gamers if they recognize it from anything. I'm getting a little curious now too. However, if it is just stock music, I guess we'll never know...

This thread is about as funny as they come.

Hey, it got to page 3 before I even got home from work. Best I can do.

MissPadme mentioned Jeremy Soule, what do you think Henry? Doesn't quite sound like him to me.

Not quite. Maybe it's Metal Gear Solid or Medal of Honor or Call of Duty or something like that. I've never played those games.

I don't think it is, either. What I am saying is that one musical style is not really below another. It is just that a certain type of composer is drawn to that style, and tries to appeal to a certain crowd. John Williams would put good thematic developement in, interesting counterpoint, fascinating harmonic progressions, the whole thing, in that style, and it would be wonderful. Because he doesn't really write bad music, no matter what style he is writing in. It probably would be good for MV to see what a truly great composer can do with their sounds.

Colin Thomson

I know what VSL sounds like. I was a beta tester on and own several of their products. The brass is definitely not up to something like this - hell, no sampled brass is (again, judging by the low quality clip that was linked here). For brass I use custom samples + Project SAM and Sonic Implants mainly, as they sound more "hollywood" than VSL, although Epic Horns from VSL is much better than the first ones they recorded.

Colin Thomson

I know what VSL sounds like. I was a beta tester on and own several of their products. The brass is definitely not up to something like this - hell, no sampled brass is (again, judging by the low quality clip that was linked here). For brass I use custom samples + Project SAM and Sonic Implants mainly, as they sound more "hollywood" than VSL, although Epic Horns from VSL is much better than the first ones they recorded.

hre Epic Horn are fantastic... agreed about the real live perfprming sound. that brassy fast metallic smashing sound.... but in ten - 15 years I thinbk you won' thear a differnce

Ok my collegue.. WITHOUT ANY DOUBT knows it:

It's from aComputergame... SpellForce 2: Shadow Wars http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0805616/fullcredits#cast

they used it in this Video...WOW that makes sense :thumbup:

well atleast we know what it is and now good night *gg*