Indiana Jones Unreleased Music Resource

Henry B

The only significant part of KOTCS that hasn't been ripped cleanly from the Blu-Ray, and isn't just boring music that nobody would bother listening to apart from the film, is the retracting staircase sequence. Very SFX heavy.

Right off the top of my head I'll say I badly want the "Chauchilla Graveyard" cue clean. Delicious atmospheric woodwind writing under a pile of thunderclaps and rustling leaves.

The only significant part of KOTCS that hasn't been ripped cleanly from the Blu-Ray, and isn't just boring music that nobody would bother listening to apart from the film, is the retracting staircase sequence. Very SFX heavy.

we have a different definition of "ripped cleanly"

Hmmm...that's funny. I wasn't aware that there was any "boring music that nobody would bother listening to apart from the film." I guess that makes me nobody, because I certainly have listened (and will listen) to my entire rip.

We should still try to rip the game. I'm sure there are a few items of interest.

Do we actually have someone on this job?

This may have been mentioned already, but there's a particular spot where there is music missing in "The Jungle Chase": right after Indy jumps into the car and punches Mac, it cuts to music earlier in the cue for the bazooka shot. Some of the music can be heard in the effects features, when they're talking about the effects for the bomb test.

I'm only interested in the results if we somehow get a complete and sfx-free Jungle Chase.

Me too. I can't believe Williams decided to edit out the section containing the Raiders B Theme on the OST! :P

We should still try to rip the game. I'm sure there are a few items of interest.

Do we actually have someone on this job?

Nope. It seems like LucasArts PS2/Wii games are always easy enough to crack, though.

I am not all too familiar with the unreleased "Jungle Chase", but I thought that that statement of the B Theme was from "Desert Chase"?

Not at all.

I am not all too familiar with the unreleased "Jungle Chase", but I thought that that statement of the B Theme was from "Desert Chase"?

There's a performance of the B Theme in The Jungle Chase that is unique and awesome... and available without SFX in the DVD's special features

There's a performance of the B theme in the warehouse scene that is very similar to The Desert Chase, but there's a performance of it in The Jungle Chase that is unique and awesome

In the warehouse scene? I don't think so. Do you mean "Flight from Peru"? That's A theme material.

There's a performance of the B theme in the warehouse scene that is very similar to The Desert Chase, but there's a performance of it in The Jungle Chase that is unique and awesome

In the warehouse scene? I don't think so. Do you mean "Flight from Peru"? That's A theme material.

Yes.

In fact, isn't the B-section only heard once in the entire movie? (Jungle Chase) Except for the end credits, of course.

Right off the top of my head I'll say I badly want the "Chauchilla Graveyard" cue clean. Delicious atmospheric woodwind writing under a pile of thunderclaps and rustling leaves.

What I would like is the cue that is named on Jason's analysis as "Inside the Crate".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO4f3rapcT8

This is the REAL complete version. Did anyone of us do that??

Seeing as that person also uploaded a number of Media Ventures scores, probably not!

What I would like is the cue that is named on Jason's analysis as "Inside the Crate".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO4f3rapcT8

This is the REAL complete version. Did anyone of us do that??

Seeing as that person also uploaded a number of Media Ventures scores, probably not!

I found the Indy 4 score here (it's my youtube-page): http://forums.ffshrine.org/forumdisplay.php?f=72

I actually tried to synch that track to the scene in the film a few weeks ago, but some parts were impossible to synch correctly so I doubt that it's "the REAL" version.

That version isn't quite complete, sadly. It's missing 10 seconds of material at the very beginning, as well as at least 20 seconds of material in other parts, I believe. I'm having trouble figuring out where exactly, but I was able to edit together a 10:16 version, albeit split up into two tracks, since there's a pause between two different cues.

The only version I listen to is mine that only has the Previz material added and no rear channel rips

It's shorter but at least sounds like something that could have been on the album

That version isn't quite complete, sadly. It's missing 10 seconds of material at the very beginning, as well as at least 20 seconds of material in other parts, I believe. I'm having trouble figuring out where exactly, but I was able to edit together a 10:16 version, albeit split up into two tracks, since there's a pause between two different cues.

Gotta level with you, a few seconds here or there missing doesn't bother me. Main thing is that it doesn't sound hacked up (OS album)or that important passages are not missing (OS album).

Well, there is a rather obvious fade-in at the beginning of the YouTube version, which counts as sounding hacked up, and those first ten seconds are pretty fun. Shameless Mickey Mousing, yes, but it's enjoyable.

I found what I believe to be the rendition of the Raiders March from the beginning of KOTCS when he grabs his hat after being pulled out of the trunk, though it could be the one from Ants or maybe I'm just confusing them cause in the film they tracked the one from the beginning in the Ants scene.

"The Jungle Chase" begins with the shot of the Russian being thrown out the back of the truck. The scene with Marion/Mutt untying each other in the back of the track is a completely seperate cue.

The one from my bootleg begins with the sudden flurry of flutes, and ends at "Woah!!!!!". It runs just shy of ten minutes, and is the best action cue Williams has written since Minority Report. My bootleg also had all the missing music from the Previz/Youtube versions. Anyway, it's a great listen in complete form.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey

I recently saw a copy of the FM Towns Version of the Graphic Adventure: Indiana Jones and the last Crusade.

This one features real musicians and real instruments for the music.. did you know that? I didn't.

My question is, how was that music created.. it sounds like they took several instrument lines from the original rec session.. and combined them with synth. is that possible?

also there is some "unreleased" music when Indy is in the catacombs:

from 1:40 on

(unfortunately it is interupted constantly)

Hmm... interesting. I just bought Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade on Steam. Maybe it has audio tracks that can be extracted.

Update: Nope. Despite being a "never-before-released" version of the game with extra bug fixes, the music sounds like that of an NES game. Disappointing. I wonder if the FM-Towns version can be tracked down on eBay. Since it has CD audio tracks, ripping it couldn't be simpler.

Listen to the Staff of Kings original Soundtrack here:

Some pretty nice "hommages" to Williams' original

http://www.gordyhaab.com/indylong.htm

Edit reg. the FMTowns Vers:

The Ost seems to be a rerec for a Disney World Indiana Jones attraction.. thats what I have read at lucasforums.

The Ost seems to be a rerec for a Disney World Indiana Jones attraction.. thats what I have read at lucasforums.

Haab must have gotten a very specific brief to emulate JW closely in composing the needed underscore for the game as what he is doing could be called near direct plagiarism of JW's music but dressing it a bit differently. There is not a single cue that would indicate otherwise. It is almost like the world's most direct temp track copy. Even though a few cues sound nice the result shows more diligent skill in taking existing music and modifying it than original composition in the spirit of JWs Indiana Jones music.

I really, really like this score. :) If you edited all the tracks together, it could be a kind of overture to the Indiana Jones series. :D

Can you download the tracks anywhere?

If something is being streamed to your computer, that stream can be saved, or at the very least recorded. DownloadHelper, an extension for Firefox, is one such program that does so.

If something is being streamed to your computer, that stream can be saved, or at the very least recorded. DownloadHelper, an extension for Firefox, is one such program that does so.

Ah, I'm with you now. Sadly I don't use firefox though (although I'm told it's very good).

Haab must have gotten a very specific brief to emulate JW closely in composing the needed underscore for the game as what he is doing could be called near direct plagiarism of JW's music but dressing it a bit differently. There is not a single cue that would indicate otherwise. It is almost like the world's most direct temp track copy. Even though a few cues sound nice the result shows more diligent skill in taking existing music and modifying it than original composition in the spirit of JWs Indiana Jones music.

But it still sounds better than Indy 4!

Did they have financial issues with licensing the use of Williams' themes? This movie trailer style plagiarism is just silly. I bet Gordy Haab would have come up with more interesting music if he was allowed to use the Raiders March, etc. in his compositions.

I highly disagree.

Did they have financial issues with licensing the use of Williams' themes? This movie trailer style plagiarism is just silly. I bet Gordy Haab would have come up with more interesting music if he was allowed to use the Raiders March, etc. in his compositions.

I was thinking the same.

I highly disagree.

I highly don't. :D

jungle encounter sounds like Indy IV :D, that i can concede.

Well this music is for a videogame, and i like this kind if re-arranging. I love McNeely's Phantom train of Doom , for example.

And always this is better than a tracked score (unless it contains isolated unreleased music! :) ).

If he had been allowed to use the march more boldy (there is one quotation) and create a complete original score for the game that would noy have had any tracked music, this could have been a fun ride of a score.

BTW this is temp tracking in the same vein as SW (ANH). Each cue is clearly based in one pre-existing cue but it is heavily arranged.