Tanglewood 'Film Night' (July 26) Internet Broadcast

RonBurbella

Hi All,

I will be attending the annual FILM NIGHT concert at Tanglewood with John Williams and the Boston Pops with my wife and daughter.

Is anyone else attending?

I hope that some of those who cannot attend will listen live and record the FILM NIGHT concert for me.

WMNR-FM will again broadcast the consert live over the Internet.

The radio station link is

http://www.wmnr.org

Just click on the "Listen" button. Real Audio does a decent job.

The BSO concert information link is:

http://www.bso.org/bso/mods/perf_detail.js...pid=prod2110020

Here's the e-mail I got from the station manager of WMNR-FM, confirming the broadcast.

Happy Listening!

Ron Burbella

Hello,

Yes, we will. Enjoy!

Best wishes,

Jane Stadler

WMNR Oporations

----- Original Message -----

To: info@wmnr.org

Sent: Saturday, July 12, 2008 2:05 PM

Subject: John Williams' "Film Night" Concert (July 26th)

Hello,

Can you tell me if you will be broadcasting the John Williams "Film Night" Concert from Tanglewood

on July 26th, 2008, as you did last year in August of 2007?

Thanks!

Ron Burbella

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my. Oh wow. John Williams just debuted the most beautiful NEW full concert arrangement of Marion's theme. They even brought Karen Allen out. It almost had me in tears.

A high quality recording of this new arrangement simply must be made available. And no, I did not make a recording of this.

If you like what Williams did with Marion's theme in Crystal Skull you'll absolutely love this. This should have been on the album!

Amazing. Just, wow.

Oh my. Oh wow. I've just heard the most beautiful NEW full concert arrangement of Marion's theme. They even brought Karen Allen out.

It almost had me in tears.

A high quality recording of this new arrangement simply must be made available. And no, I did not make a recording of this.

Maybe a bonus track on the Indy box? :P

I might have recorded it, but I missed the slightly expanded Irina's Theme

Mutt's Theme received an expanded ending which I might have recorded too

:P

Mutt's theme had the normal ending from the CD.

It was a big surprise to have Spielberg as narrator of the homage to Indiana Jones. Anything Goes was great, even though they used Kate Capshaw's recorded voice from the 80's, but the sync was pretty good! I heard some slight differences in Sabrina, and the new arrangements of Irina and Marion's themes were the highlights of this wonderful concert!!!

On a side note, what an uneducated audience it was! They applauded all the time, even when the orchestra hadn't finished performing yet (like in Irina's theme... they started to applaude when the video finished, but the whole coda was still being played!).

Mutt's theme had the normal ending from the CD

OOps, you're right, I haven't listened to that in a while.

Hope this gets a rebroadcast.

I watched Captain from Castille earlier this year on hulu.com and remember thinking the score was pretty good. Too bad I missed it's performance this time around.

I was able to record the whole thing. Overall everything was just beautiful, and as others have said the new and expanded version of Marion's theme was truly a treat! I had the privilege to see it performed this morning at Tanglewood during the rehearsal. I don't know if I will be able to make the recording available to anyone who wants it, as I am not too sure how to go about doing something like that.

Hope this gets a rebroadcast.

I watched Captain from Castille earlier this year on hulu.com and remember thinking the score was pretty good. Too bad I missed it's performance this time around.

Actually he didn't perform Captain from Castille, that part of the program was change. Instead he performed, I believe it's called, The Olympic Spirit. (I might be wrong) But I do know it was one of his piece he wrote for the Olympics.

It was indeed Olympic Spirit. I had predicted that he would play that and E.T. as encores... Olympic Spirit turned out to be like an encore to the first part, lol

What did you use to record it, Hunter? And what did you record it from?

I used a program called Audacity 1.3 Beta (Unicode), off of my computer. I recored it off of Real Player system broadcasting the program.

It was indeed Olympic Spirit. I had predicted that he would play that and E.T. as encores... Olympic Spirit turned out to be like an encore to the first part, lol

When I was at the rehearsal this morning he had two different encores planned, but changed them for the night performance. Marion's new theme was one of them (which obviosly stayed the same) and the second choice he had was another Indiana Jones piece, Scherzo for Motorcycle but that was changed for the traditional ET theme.

ET is and will always be an audience pleaser, I would rather listen to the Scherzo which is rarely performed. At least you got to see it performed in the morning! :)

ET is and will always be an audience pleaser, I would rather listen to the Scherzo which is rarely performed. At least you got to see it performed in the morning! :)

True. Now to start coun ting down the days till next years Film Night :-D

I would VERY much like to listen to these performances of Mutt's, Irena's and Marion's Theme but I Missed it $%#$%$%$!!!!!~!

Damn, i missed it too!

Why couldnt Williams include a concer version of Marion for KOTCS CD??

Or at least put it in 'the raiders march'

Maybe there's hope for Han Solo and the Princess concert version after all....

Wow, JW pulled a Han Solo and the Princess Concert Version with Marion's Theme .It's beautiful ,why isn't it on the KotCS OST instead of the Peruvian source music? Unless he whipped this up 3 days ago while preparing the concert...

I've only heard this yet.

You know,I bet the Prague/Silva are going to re-record these new concert versions

It would awesome if he did this with Willie's theme from TOD

Wow, JW pulled a Han Solo and the Princess Concert Version with Marion's Theme

Meaning?

meaning no true concert version existed before

I would also appreciate a PM of a concert version of Marion's Theme and Irina's Theme. :)

Though to be honest, I am fine with the treatment both themes get in their film's end credits (ESB, Raiders, KotCS).

Man, I'm listening to the concert version of "Marion's Theme," it is quite spectacular. There's a lot of new stuff there, it's a shame this wasn't released officially. Though there are a couple of bits that were used in "Finale."

A CONCERT SUITE OF MARION'S THEME???!!!! WHOAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've gotta have this. I'll ditto those who have said that should've been on the CD. Now, this is a stretch, but maybe they did record it in the KOTCS recording sessions, but he already knew he had to have the March on there, and then the new material needed to take precedence, and then didn't want to take up more space on the concert material. Maybe...?

At any rate, I'd love it if someone could PM me the concert version of "Marion's Theme"!

It's interesting that this internet broadcast is of FAR lower quality than the Chicago concert with Tributes.I guess not all streams are equal