Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (OFFICIAL thread)

Erik Woods

I just stumbled across this thread, don't know how I missed it. So there's going to be an Indy music set with the original soundtrack releases and a bonus interview? That's lame.

I may be missing a joke here, but if not: no, that is not correct. The new set is confirmed to contain additional music. Exactly how much, though, is still yet to be determined, and is the subject of (far too much) speculation.

Just trying to make Fatty McButterpants' head explode :rolleyes:

Try harder.

Neil

indiana_jones_ark.jpg

You're not trying hard enough. I was thinking more along the lines of The Fury.

Neil

Okay, so we have it cleared up. This is fantastic news. I wouldn't mind if there was a little KOTCS unreleased stuff on disc 5--if nothing else, put the complete "Jungle Chase" on there, and make the rest of it for the first three, although there are some others I'd like if you're doing a few cues from each film on there.

I think the fact that we're basically getting the Indiana Jones Anthology here is a good sign. I guess in a few years when Indy V and the Special Editions come out, we'll finally get the complete releases. :rolleyes:

exclusive isn't even an english word!

Just because it isn't in your urban dictionary, doesn't mean it isn't English.

"Exclusive" is just a marketing buzzword that I pay no attention to. If you want to have some fun, check out the footage of George Carlin talking about them buzzwords. His "servicing the customer" was a little too spot on, which made it all the funnier.

Ok sorry that you think I am a moron and have to type everything into a internet dictionary.. but if you just used your brain once you find out that "exclusive" is a latin word, yes LATIN!

ex - out,of german: - aus

cludere - lock german - schließen in german those two words combined mean ausschließlich - only, solely (which isn't an english word either - lat. solus)

sorry that I kept something from school, and I frightened you with my knoledge so you got offensive.

exclusive isn't even an english word!

Just because it isn't in your urban dictionary, doesn't mean it isn't English.

"Exclusive" is just a marketing buzzword that I pay no attention to. If you want to have some fun, check out the footage of George Carlin talking about them buzzwords. His "servicing the customer" was a little too spot on, which made it all the funnier.

Ok sorry that you think I am a moron and have to type everything into a internet dictionary.. but if you just used your brain once you find out that "exclusive" is a latin word, yes LATIN!

ex - out,of german: - aus

cludere - lock german - schließen in german those two words combined mean ausschließlich - only, solely (which isn't an english word either - lat. solus)

sorry that I kept something from school, and I frightened you with my knoledge so you got offensive.

Just because a word began as Latin doesn't mean it hasn't now also become a word in the English language. I assure you that every English-language dictionary in the entire world will have "exclusive" in it.

Just because a word began as Latin doesn't mean it hasn't now also become a word in the English language. I assure you that every English-language dictionary in the entire world will have "exclusive" in it.

true, but it is a borrowed word from latin and nothing anglo saxon. it has bcome part of one language but it isn't that language.

It is used in many languages german, english, italian.. but it still is a latin word, period - that's linguistic fact. a latin word used in the english vocabulary

MissPadme, give it a rest. It was a joke, don't let it get to you. Seriously, you left and since you've come back all you do is disagree with everyone about everything. All three Indy soundtracks are being expanded, more additional music on the 5th disc. It's all there and obviously the set isn't "Limited" in the FSM or Intrada sense of the word since it is for sale on Amazon. Just relax and wait to see what happens. In the meantime don't keep taking your frustration out on people who don't deserve it. You're making the place unbearable at a time when everyone wants to be here. And so help me god if you rebut this post with some comment about my education (or perceived lack thereof).

Oh and for your information, words adopted into a language, eg Latin, German or French words adapted into English terminology and vocabulary, are completely classified as words belonging to that language. For instance, the word "exclusive", whilst undeniably having both Latin and German origins is undoubtedly now an English word, all pronunciation and semantic issues aside.

And to everyone else, sorry to take the thread off topic.

I'm very excited about this Indy release knowing that the guy behind Close Encounters and Jaws is involved. Come on November 11!

MissPadme, give it a rest. It was a joke, don't let it get to you. Seriously, you left and since you've come back all you do is disagree with everyone about everything. All three Indy soundtracks are being expanded, more additional music on the 5th disc. It's all there and obviously the set isn't "Limited" in the FSM or Intrada sense of the word since it is for sale on Amazon. Just relax and wait to see what happens. In the meantime don't keep taking your frustration out on people who don't deserve it. You're making the place unbearable at a time when everyone wants to be here. And so help me god if you rebut this post with some comment about my education (or perceived lack thereof).

OK what made you think I don't think that these three will b expanded now? just say me one reason..ok? It seems you didn't read carefully, for I tried to convince butterpants everyone knows thy are expanded now, but he reacted like a moron. and now that you did that too.. well makes me comment on your education too, or the lack of it: what mark did you get in reading.. hmm

I am not frustrated, and I will talk to everyone in the way I think he deserves it, you won't tell me how t do it.

Face it Ia m not a Queen, I am a Warrior Princess :down:

I think ET and CEOT3K are wounderful assembled albums, it is great he got the chance to do this boxset. I would have prefered it if we had a printed interview in the Booklet! don't you think? like jaws, ET, Close Encounters!

Why make an audio file??

I've read enough. You should read more to improve your writing expression and grammar. Forgive me, I'm a teacher.

yes you are right about that, I know :down:

Now I think the interview will be a new one,not the DVD rehash .I hope it is as short as possible to fit as much extra music as possible on the bonus disk .LC can only be expanded 21 minutes on disk 3, so we need all the extra space

if they hired Laurent B. , Concord didn't go cheap-ass on us and the set is meant for score collectors not the average walmart person who puts it in his shopping cart with his full screen DVD of KotCS.

I'm also a little perplexed at that. Why have an interview CD when the same could be put in writing in the booklet, certainly as a much more accessible feature. Anyway, I'm not going to complain, I don't feel I deserve to.

Now I think the interview will be a new one,not the DVD rehash .I hope it is as short as possible to fit as much extra music as possible on the bonus disk .LC can only be expanded 21 minutes on disk 3, so we need all the extra space

yes maybe they are new. but those for the other expanded CDs ET, Jaws weren't right?

I really hope they used the recourses! If they did this could be the ultimate set!

I also think we might not get micro edits.

Laurent did not do micro edits on E.T.,Jaws and CE3K ,I love the way he let the film version fade out of the CE3K finale into the End Credits instead of making a seigue.

The question is what cues will be missing now,but i'm sure it won't be something like Stealing the Stones or Portuguese Coast

Laurent did not do micro edits on E.T.,Jaws and CE3K ,I love the way he let the film version fade out of the CE3K finale into the End Credits instead of making a seigue.

The question is what cues will be missing now,but i'm sure it won't be something like Stealing the Stones or Portuguese Coast

I don't think that either.

hey I just thought, what if on disc 5 they layed the interview above the unreleased music?! :down:

Williams could be talking over the unreleased music?...oh dear..

just when you thought it was save :down:

iI am very happy these soundtracks get such a treatment, I would have never thought of it. now there is the question if this will be an American release only? amazon.de says (Import)

"And here we have the theme I wrote that never appeared on the original soundtrack releases... well, you might be able to hear it if I shut up, but I'm contractually obliged to talk over it."

:down:!!

"There we have some music that is clear of soundeffects on the DVD, so I just quit talking for a second...... . Now, this is were the soundeffects come in again!"

-lol-

I woke up for this?

I hope you have other reasons to wake up. :down:

ow what do you think, will the sidelabels of the digipacks have one design in common or will those be reproduced album designs too?

I still can't get over the ugly last crusade.

I hope you have other reasons to wake up. :down:

Not at this point in my life.

ow what do you think, will the sidelabels of the digipacks have one design in common or will those be reproduced album designs too?

I still can't get over the ugly last crusade.

the set will look nice in my collection.

if they hired Laurent B. , Concord didn't go cheap-ass on us and the set is meant for score collectors not the average walmart person who puts it in his shopping cart with his full screen DVD of KotCS.

This is the second time in as many days that I've seen you derogatively refer to "Wal-Mart people," as if you are some sort of paragon of . . . whatever it is you think you're a paragon of. Good taste in film music, I guess...? Whatever you mean, you're obviously using "Wal-Mart people" as a derogatory phrase and aiming it at people who know little about film music.

I don't care for the attitude you seem to be putting out with these comments, which is that film music ought to be enjoyed only by people like yourself, who obsess over the scores they like and can quote all manner of minutiae on those subjects. There's obviously nothing wrong with being a fan on that level, but you seem to have a stance of looking down your nose at the people who aren't. What about that kid who might not know much about such things, but might turn into a lifelong John Williams fan by buying the Crystal Skull soundtrack at Wal-Mart? What makes that kid so despised in your philosophy?

This is the second time in as many days that I've seen you derogatively refer to "Wal-Mart people," as if you are some sort of paragon of . . . whatever it is you think you're a paragon of. Good taste in film music, I guess...? Whatever you mean, you're obviously using "Wal-Mart people" as a derogatory phrase and aiming it at people who know little about film music.

I don't care for the attitude you seem to be putting out with these comments, which is that film music ought to be enjoyed only by people like yourself, who obsess over the scores they like and can quote all manner of minutiae on those subjects. There's obviously nothing wrong with being a fan on that level, but you seem to have a stance of looking down your nose at the people who aren't. What about that kid who might not know much about such things, but might turn into a lifelong John Williams fan by buying the Crystal Skull soundtrack at Wal-Mart? What makes that kid so despised in your philosophy?

he wasn't badmouthing kids.

I think we all know he doesn'tmean it insulting. I think the king is right, they creat something for the collector who has a better knoledge ans appreciation on these things than the average guy. I don't think he wanted to say more

NO! It has been definitely, entirely, unquestionably confirmed that TOD and LC ARE each individually expanded with MORE unreleased music on the 5th disc. Honestly, I think we can stop being so pessimistic and start being excited for this set.

Ah, yes. Now I get it. So it's a kind of SW Anthology situation then. Good enough for me.

There might be even some unreleased KOTCS cues. Questionable, but still possible.

Karol