Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (OFFICIAL thread)

Erik Woods

Great track list! I'm happy the zeppelin tracks are going to be included. Great job.

As for KOTCS, we're certain the DVD has a SFX free version of Warehouse Escape in the bonus features.

Where is it going to be?

This news are perfect!! Oh man..

Laurent really knew what's good!

Yes I hope too, that the Village is a combination of the cues

"Starving Village

"Plea for Help"

"They stole the Children"

maybe Fortune and Glory, but not that bad if it is missing.

"a true believer", a cue I absolutely love

"Papa Jones is shot" is also great underscoring.. I prefer that to the road to berlin actually

won't be on it as it looks, but there is a pretty good DVD Rip

So this is the officially remains unreleased portion of the thread. You'll all just have to drown your sorrows, unless these cues have been attached to other cues (a possibility until we get track times to confirm):

RAIDERS

The Poisoning (may be attached to 'Bad Dates' - otherwise, released on LP)

The Mummy Cave (may be attached to 'Through the Wall' - otherwise, released on LP)

TEMPLE

Shanghai, 1935 (may be attached to 'Indy Negotiates')

Club Obi-Wan [source Music]

Indy Arrives at the Village (may be "Indy and the Villagers', otherwise, very clean DVD rip)

A Plea for Help (may be attached to 'Indy and the Villagers')

They Stole The Children (may be attached to 'Indy and the Villagers')

They Stole The Children [Alternate] (otherwise, clean from Lego game)

Fortune and Glory (may be attached to 'Indy and the Villagers')

Pankot Palace [source Music]

Maharajah & The Feast (fairly clean DVD rip)

A True Believer / Blood of Kahli / Indy Possessed

CRUSADE

Mail from Venice (may be in "Dad's Study")

Inscription on the Rock (may be in "Dad's Study")

Slamming the Library Floor

Into the Catacombs / Ark Theme

"Don't Call Me Junior" (may be in "Father and Son Reunited")

"Put Down The Gun" (may be in "Father and Son Reunited")

Iskenderun [source Music]

Blasphemy/The Road to Berlin (may be "To Berlin", otherwise, SFX free DVD rip)

Der Koniggratzer [source Music] (otherwise, CD quality on bootleg)

Der Koniggratzer Alternate [source Music] (otherwise, CD quality on bootleg)

Papa Jones is Shot

KINGDOM

Let's not even go there... a lot, but who cares. The OST had 90% of the score highlights.

WOW, this is really great!!!

I just think it's strange that the original Indy 4 soundtrack comes with it... I mean, what are they gonna do? Release another boxset in a couple of years with the expanded Indy 4 soundtrack included? But hey, that's not a complaint.

I'm really excited about the additional music from ToD and LC... even if they never released the COMPLETE soundtracks, I'd be content. Hope the sound quality is great too !!

:blink:

There is nothing important in the prequels that needs to be released, they need to go away FOREVER

I think TPM is a very good score,

AOTC is a piece of sh!% and

ROTS's best parts are from the movie called Star Wars.

Course the best parts of KOTCS are from Raiders too.

No need to have comments from the peanut gallery who always repeats himself like a broken record regarding the Prequels. We know your stance Joe, you hate them fine. It doesn't mean everyone else does so just quit trying to convince others of your opinion you can kindly go away now forever.

So this is the officially remains unreleased portion of the thread. You'll all just have to drown your sorrows, unless these cues have been attached to other cues (a possibility until we get track times to confirm):

RAIDERS

The Poisoning (may be attached to 'Bad Dates' - otherwise, released on LP)

The Mummy Cave (may be attached to 'Through the Wall' - otherwise, released on LP)

these two cues are not on the LP: BUT ON A VERY HISSY BOOTLEG

Oh really, that's the source? Well, even listening to them now, they're not exactly multiple listen cues. Even re-listening to the village cues from Temple is an underwhelming experience. Sure, they have nice statements of Shorty's theme, and some interesting choral passages, but mostly in between lots of atmospheric filler. I hope 'Indy and the Villagers' is 'Fortune and Glory', personally. Though considering how short that cue is, I can't see the cues preceding it not being attached as well.

Ok, let's try this again.

The track list is very good news. I now will be pre-ordering this impressive set later in the day, as I suppose I was going to eventually get around to all along. It's not like they'd run out or stop taking pre-orders on something that won't tangibly be available for a month and change, would they?

At any rate, if there's any music missing from this expanded set, especially considering the dearth of material on Disc 5, I'll be perfectly happy to flesh it out with...music from other sources. And then I'll just wait silently but not expectantly for any future releases they'd hope to do in another ten years, plus or minus, and buy that too. I don't think any movie ever saw a jump from an OST soundtrack release to an official complete/expanded score release so soon after its theatrical release, and KOTCS not being the exception won't ruin my day.

Why does this stuff always happen when I'm asleep?

Amazing news if true! I'm not really fussed about stuff missing from Temple (although I watched the end of ToD last night and I have to agree, that film version is good). But does 'Dad's Study' refer to his house or Brunwald? I think I'd rather have the former.

If I have to keep a couple of these minor cues from the boot, so be it - they did exactly what I hoped on disc 5 and gave us almost everything that wasn't seen before. I think it would've almost been overkill to make it complete on a set like this, given how many 15 second cues are dotted around. I'm currently listening to 'Professor Jones is Healed' and am salivating at having this in glorious CD quality :blink:

Also, we don't know how long the interviews are - they might have filled disc 5 to capacity. But I'm a million miles away from complaining - they've got this set nearly perfect IMO.

Laurent - you're a genius!

It's gotta be the music when Indy see his father's house in shambles and finds he now has the Grail Diary. It might have been called "Package from Dad" based on which version of expanded soundtrack you used to have. The only other "Dad's study" music that applies is when Indy barges in on him at work, which would be buried inside an extended track of "Indy's Very First Adventure," so that doesn't make sense. They wouldn't botch track titles by calling the castle his study.

I think the reason To the Blimp is the only track with the asterisk (since all the tracks are previously unreleased) is because that track is much longer than what was used in the movie (where it was heavily edited down), so it probably stands for "included music not heard in the film"

Wojo - That's what I was thinking too. Watching LC as I type this, and there's some rather generic music for Indy breaking through the castle window. Nothing exciting for me - it has to either be 'Package from Dad' or 'Ransacked House'

I am curious however about 'Searching for Dr Jones' and 'Professor Jones', on the boot just after 'To Castle Brunwald'. That 2nd one has a marvellous statement of the relationship theme which sounds unused. Unless I've missed something, I can imagine keeping maybe 3 or 4 cues from this boot, which IMO is pretty much the best case scenario.

Merkel - I think you're right. Laurent would never put dialogue or anything like that over a cue, and that's what an asterisk has always meant. The cue on the boot is 2 mins, which has got to be longer than that section of the film.

Well some of those tracks would be absorbed into 'Father and Son Reunited'. Let's hope it's not the boring music of Indy creeping around the castle, but the wonderful variations on Henry's illumination theme, "Don't Call Me Junior", and the first statements of SFM&O and the Nazi fanfare.

Ah yeah. I forgot about what was on the 3rd disc hehe. The perfection level just keeps going up :lol:

It won't be the creeping music, at least I hope not. Depends whether they're keeping only to music used in the movie.

I'm pre-ordering this puppy now (god knows where from). It was just the last disc I needed to confirm we're getting 90% complete scores.

That's what I'm saying - I hope it isn't, because the cue after that on the boot is an unused piece for the actual reunion with a beautiful 'relationship theme' statement. Could even be both cues, only 4 mins total.

Probably boring the pants off Joe by now....

I considered asking for this for Christmas (I'll never think of anything else) but I don't think I can hold off for nearly 5 weeks, and download mp3s would just cheapen the day.

Anyone noticed this?

Interviews with John Williams,Steven Spielberg and George Lucas, Hosted by Laurent Bouzereau - (featuring Steven Spielberg/George Lucas/John Williams)

Maybe it isn't exerpts, maybe it's like a foursome session? Which would also explain why the disc doesn't look full to capacity.

I'd say that has more to do with reuse fees, personally. They are purchased in blocks of 15 minutes. I reckon all the music from Raiders is just under 90 minutes in total, maybe 85m? I'd say Temple and Crusade hover around <105m.

I missed the track listings for Disc 5 a couple of pages back, thanks to richuk for pointing it out to me. This looks like it's gonna be a kick ass set after all and I for one will be very happy with it. I can not wait to own it! :lol:

I cannot wait for November 11 to be that much closer to winter, so I have snow to drive my new 4WD through.

Oh, and the Indy soundtrack box set, too, that'll be sweet.

Well,to me Dad's Study is the cue with the amazing variation of the grail theme when they look at at the wall painting (Ransaked House on the boot). Maybe it also includes the 2 cues before it.

Oh,it's just K.M. rambling on again..

Actually it is as well as your silly paranoid beliefs. Following this topic over at FSM is much more rewarding and easier.

Wojo - That's what I was thinking too. Watching LC as I type this, and there's some rather generic music for Indy breaking through the castle window. Nothing exciting for me - it has to either be 'Package from Dad' or 'Ransacked House'

I am curious however about 'Searching for Dr Jones' and 'Professor Jones', on the boot just after 'To Castle Brunwald'. That 2nd one has a marvellous statement of the relationship theme which sounds unused. Unless I've missed something, I can imagine keeping maybe 3 or 4 cues from this boot, which IMO is pretty much the best case scenario.

Merkel - I think you're right. Laurent would never put dialogue or anything like that over a cue, and that's what an asterisk has always meant. The cue on the boot is 2 mins, which has got to be longer than that section of the film.

The Indy breaking into his father's room in the castle contains the first use of the Nazi march in a very subtle mode and dispersed to a sneaking motif. Not a terrible loss at the face of all the great tracks we are getting. And I think the track "Father and Son Reunited" is the track on the boot called "The Two Joneses" with the wonderful use of the Illumination/Grail Knight theme. Or I hope it is. Has to be! :)

I'm confused about Marcus is Captured/To Berlin, since these two sequences are not consecutive at all

You are of course right but I don't mind them giving us such composite tracks. Of course chronological and in-sequence is the best way to present the tracks but we can always edit this stuff to our liking. :) And I guess both tracks are so short that they thought it would be nicer to put them together for longer running time. I am just so happy about the inclusion of The Wrong Chalice/Papa Jones Healed! :lol:

I for myself can't wait for " The Blimp Turns Around" and this awsome, beautiful (unused in the film) string part at the beginning, in CD quality.

I just read through this thread (insane) and the FSM one and found out, that kingmark is very keen on the fact that everybody, EVERYBODY knows how boring

Khali Blood Ritual/Indy Possessed

is, after his opinion. how often did you write it, 6 times?

I'm confused about Marcus is Captured/To Berlin, since these two sequences are not consecutive at all

Perhaps Bouzereau felt they were too short to put on the disc as seperate cues and combined them or perhaps that's how Williams originally recorded them.

Or maybe Williams was involved in the assembly of these discs.

I'd prefer SACD quality.

:lol:

true, who is with me, rambling against this major lucasfilm/concord screw-up?

we want SACDs or atleast original mastertapes.

well thinking about it, they sould have done it that way:

sell the mastertapes in a special limited to one collectors edition.

I'd prefer SACD quality.

I'll take one.

I'd prefer SACD quality.

I'll take one.

I will take twenty.

This beats any release since the 1997 Star Wars Trilogy Special Editions

Also, I we COULD have Khali Blood ritual then it'd be great ,but since we can't it was the cue to drop from ToD .

We'll also be missing the maharaja's entrance which is a great short cue

Is that 'Road to Berlin', which then segues into the book burning march on the boot (but may not on this set)?

I'm assuming the first part is 'Escape in the Truck' with the fake building thing. Problem is the different versions of the boot going around.

Edit - a lot of posts between me hitting reply and finishing typing :lol:

Is that 'Road to Berlin', which then segues into the book burning march on the boot (but may not on this set)?

I'm assuming the first part is 'Escape in the Truck'. Problem is the different versions of the boot going around.

it seams that it is ion this set

there is o other cue I can think of when reading, "To Berlin"

The blue box is nowhere as significant as this. The true Superman release of significance was the Rhino 2 c.d. set even if it was poorer sounding.

YES!

Concord is officially the label of the year.

No.

This beats any release since the 1997 Star Wars Trilogy Special Editions

No.

The blue box is nowhere as significant as this.

true.

and the missing tracks from TOD are available as amazing effectfree DVD Rpis

listening to: "The Maharadja" now

"True Believer" is great too