Upcoming Films

Quintus

Oh, I love T5E, and I have done since Summer 1997, but, honestly, what does "visionary" mean? If you believe the back of the DVD box for TFA, Abrams is a "visionary". Riiiiiiiiight ;) When I read that, I laughed so hard, my strawberry jam sarnie went everywhere.

At least Besson was trying to put on screen, images that had not been seen, and, to a degree, he succeeded. Does that make him

"visionary"? Making two films does not qualify someone to be called "visionary".

I think a teaser is typically identified by any if three things 

1 It releases far in advance of the films release, not just a few months ahead

2 It focuses on a single scene, or maybe broadly glimpses into several scenes, rather than breaking down the characters and plot

3 it's created by a team who understands a more traditional trailer, or at least one that explains the plot a bit,  will be coming later. 

The actual length doesn't generally make it a teaser or trailer IMHO. Think back to the old great Godzilla 1998 teasers.

God, what I would pay not to see ... The Windmill.

38 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Yeah, I haven't watched a Dutch film since...Zwartboek?

But that's Verhoeven so it's okay. That reminds me, is his French movie 'Elle' out yet? Let's see ...Google, Google, Google ... Holy crap! 

RT: 91%!!!

Consensus:  Elle finds director Paul Verhoeven operating at peak power -- and benefiting from a typically outstanding performance from Isabelle Huppert in the central role.

Must ... see ... it!