Upcoming Films

Quintus

I don't read enough to have any kind of interesting answer to that :P The only books I've really read since fifth grade are the Harry Potters, Chuck Palahniuk's first eight novels, and Ender's Game, Speaker For The Dead, and Ender's Shadow. 

I'd love to find time to read more. 

5 hours ago, Jay said:

Legendary Pictures Acquires Dune Movie Rights

The reboots keep on rolling in!

Fantastic! Dune is an amazing book. I enjoy reading it every two years or so. The sequels get a little weird, but God Emperor is really good, and I am fond of Miles Teg. 

6 hours ago, Romão said:

Fascinating article on Scorsese's upcoming Silence, my absolute must see movie of the year:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/27/magazine/the-passion-of-martin-scorsese.html

A+ article. Always a treat to hear from Marty but I think more so on this one than any others. Like you, I love the book and it's difficult to imagine this adaptation being anything less than exemplary...can't wait to finally see it and for him to begin talking about it in earnest. 

First poster as well (and I'm seeing rumors that a trailer may be attached to Robert Zemeckis's Allied this week)

09pbmgq.jpg

8 hours ago, Jay said:

Legendary Pictures Acquires Dune Movie Rights

The reboots keep on rolling in!

They better do a good job. The problem with the first one is that it makes no sense unless you already know what's going on. The Sci-fi miniseries was alright I guess, but I didn't particularly like the casting.

And the bombshell from the poster is that this does have an original score....not by Howard Shore.

The composers for Silence are Kim Allen Kluge & Katherine Kluge.  A husband and wife team apparently.  Website:

http://kimallenkluge.com/

19 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

And the bombshell from the poster is that this does have an original score....not by Howard Shore.

The composers for Silence are Kim Allen Kluge & Katherine Kluge.  Kim Allen has an IMDB:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3260886/?ref_=nv_sr_2

Only a bombshell to those who didn't read the news 2 weeks ago :P

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/21447-the-official-howard-shore-thread/&do=findComment&comment=1288591

EDIT: Blast!  Ninja'd!

I see three possibilities:

1. His health isn't what it used to be or even an actual illness

2. He's fed up with the movie business

3. He's working on a non-film project that's taking his full attention

This film looks stupid

And what's with all the pedophile jokes?  Maisie Williams is 19!

"Music by Justin Timberlake"... lol.

No idea. Maybe from the score?

24 minutes ago, Muad'Dib said:

I am terribly dissapointed. Hopefully the movie is better, much better, but I really fucking hate how the cinmatography looks.

Wow, in what way?

The TV series retconned the ending of the first film. The film sequels play fast and loose with continuity, and even contradict the first film. I only ever saw the original movie. Nothing I read about the sequels made me interested to seek them out. 

I never did catch the Highlander bug. It became this big cult at the time didn't it. I've seen the original only, and it is enjoyable enough. But camp as heck, and so it's difficult for me to take to seriously (as its lore fans clearly did). 

How can a movie with a Queen soundtrack be anything other than camp? 

8 hours ago, Quintus said:

I never did catch the Highlander bug. It became this big cult at the time didn't it. I've seen the original only, and it is enjoyable enough. But camp as heck, and so it's difficult for me to take to seriously (as its lore fans clearly did). 

How can a movie with a Queen soundtrack be anything other than camp? 

More like a small cult, Lee.

I saw this in London, in September, 1986. I loved every frame of it then, and I love every frame of it now. Yeah, the songs are camp (A DOZEN RED ROSES FOR MY DARLING/NEW YORK, NEW YORK is brilliant!) and Michael Kamen's score is top notch. Stick on the beautiful- looking 4K Blu-ray, and wallow in a true kitch classic.

Steef is right about the sequels, but I have yet to see the "renegade" cut of H2.

On 10/24/2016 at 11:55 PM, KK said:

Looks like Peter Jackson's found his next project!

Peter Jackson, Fran Walsh and Phillipa Boyens Co-Write "Mortal Engines"

Mortal Engines will be released December 14, 2018

Same month as Avatar 2!