Upcoming Films

Quintus

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Wonka Trailer #2

I was not at all interested in Wonka, but when I saw the writer/director of Paddington made it, plus that stacked cast with Olivia Colman and Hugh Grant.... it might be a hungover-afternoon stream for me at least. Still not sold on Chalamet, I like his work but this seems ill-fitting... It's hard to fill Gene Wilder's shoes. I'm also intrigued to hear the new songs, and just how much of the '71 film's score they'll mine.

Pixar's Elio moves from March 1, 2024 to June 13, 2025.

Disney's Snow White moves from March 22, 2024 to March 21, 2025, and it also got a cute new picture:

Rachel Zegler in Snow White

Jonathan Majors' award hopeful Magazine Dreams has been removed from the December 2023 calendar, certainly due to his legal problems. I expect a new Kang to be announced soon.

Source: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/disney-delays-snow-white-actor-strike-1235629856/

4 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Disney's Snow White moves from March 22, 2024 to March 21, 2025, and it also got a cute new picture:

Rachel Zegler in Snow White

So they did go for the dwarfs. But CGI ones. Not sure if that is the right choice

3 minutes ago, Tallguy said:

DAMN! If they push this back because of the stupid strike I don't know WHAT I'm going to do!

You’ll always have The Trailer.

3 hours ago, JNHFan2000 said:

So they did go for the dwarfs. But CGI ones. Not sure if that is the right choice

what they put the dwarves back in? Last time I checked it was Snow White and the 7 Diverse Magical Companions

On 17/10/2023 at 9:18 AM, Jay said:

Final trailer for Killers of the Flower Moon

Yep, must a great movie since there's already a Oscar Derailment Campaign going on on how they should have hired a Native American director instead of Scorcese. At least that's how I was made aware of the existence of this movie on an afternoon TV talk show

10 hours ago, King Mark said:

what they put the dwarves back in? Last time I checked it was Snow White and the 7 Diverse Magical Companions

The bigger problem is it still has Brie Larson 2.0 Rachel “Weird Weird” Zegler in it. 

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Not sure this needs a sequel, but then that goes for most horror films that turned into series (and I guess in many cases it turned out to be true).

But the first one was excellent, so maybe this is good news.

I recently watched both films, maybe last year some time.  I had seen 1 before but it was my first time seeing 2.

I thought 1 held up great, I still loved it.  I loved the switcharoo that Blunt's the main character becomes not the main character in the final part.

Sicario 2 really blew me away.  I was kind of expecting a not-good sequel, the usual sort of "well, the first one was popular, so we gotta make a second", but I was impressed so much by it, I almost thought it was better than the first.  I'd have to rewatch both again to decide, which maybe I'll do when the 3rd is about to release.

Both are good in different ways.

20 hours ago, Jay said:

It's not, if you read the article.

Now I don't have to, thank you. 

3 hours ago, Sweeping Strings said:

I'm probably in the minority of preferring the second, because I just wasn't convinced by Emily Blunt in the first one. 

You're not alone. You are never really alone.

The recent trilogy is fantastic, but they should have let the franchise lie for a while, then done another reboot.  Not sure why they are continuing that trilogy's story without Reeves

I wonder if Giacchino will score it, or if he'll be too busy directing his giant ant movie