Upcoming Films

Quintus

The conversation started with The Shallows, then became about Open Water, and that's when you posted (about Open Water).  Doesn't matter.

Not sure if anyone noticed this in the Wired Spielberg article from a few days ago (http://www.wired.com/2016/06/steven-spielberg-the-bfg/):

All of this will keep Spielberg busy through the end of 2019 at least—and he’s attached to direct other upcoming films too, like an adaptation of war photographer Lynsey Addario’s memoir, starring Jennifer Lawrence.

So maybe he's still planning to direct It's What I Do? Or maybe the writer is basing that off old information and hasn't heard anything new. 

Jennifer Lawrence and Spielberg? That sounds like an overkill combination. I already picture Jennifer Lawrence's facial expressions when she sees the injustice and cruelty of war ...God!

6 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

Jennifer Lawrence and Spielberg? That sounds like an overkill combination. I already picture Jennifer Lawrence's facial expressions when she sees the injustice and cruelty of war ...God!

Wait, why are you acting like you've never heard of this project before? You posted in the thread we have for the movie...

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/25148-spielberg-to-direct-jennifer-lawrence-in-its-what-i-do/&do=findComment&comment=1099882

Yeah another movie where the earth gets messed up.

I'm intrigued by a Jennifer Lawrence/Bradley Cooper/Morgan Freeman reboot of Silence of the Lambs. Clarice, Gumb, and a black Lecter, fafafafafafa!

On 5/17/2016 at 2:49 PM, WojinPA said:

Finally! The pieces are all fitting into place. 

No, there isn't. Looks to me like it goes Pitt, DP, Editors, VFX, Sound Design, Exec Producers, Producers, Malick.

Morricone rumors may have been nothing.

Maybe he did one or two pieces.

I remember someone saying Malick's plan was to use existing Morricone music for this particular movie, so maybe that idea got mixed up with an original score.

Trailer for the new movie about that Sully guy who landed that plane in the Hudson starring Tom Hanks

By the way, i think the narration and that particular voice ruin the trailer.

It would work better in my opinion without words (let the images speak, like the masterful Tree of Life trailer) or at least if they wanted a narration they could hire some more poetic voice..

edit: Oh, i'm sorry , is that Brad Pitt?:blink:

5 hours ago, Jay said:

Trailer for the new movie about that Sully guy who landed that plane in the Hudson starring Tom Hanks

Lol, oh Tom. Tom... Tom... Tom...

You little Oscar whoring bitch you! 

7 minutes ago, filmmusic said:

It would work better in my opinion without words (let the images speak, like the masterful Tree of Life trailer) or at least if they wanted a narration they could hire some more poetic voice..

edit: Oh, i'm sorry , is that Brad Pitt?:blink:

Cate Blanchett is doing the feature length one, maybe she'll be more poetic.

21 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Some stunning shots mixed with some very dodgy special effects.

You doubt Trumbull?!

9 hours ago, Jay said:

Really good trailer, wasn't aware there was really all that much to the story.

7 hours ago, filmmusic said:

Damn, that looks great.

11 hours ago, filmmusic said:

It would work better in my opinion without words (let the images speak, like the masterful Tree of Life trailer) 

I agree ... In fact, I wasn't intrigued at all.