Upcoming Films

Quintus

10 hours ago, Jay said:

First pictures from Dennis Villeneuve's Arrival

First Look at Amy Adams and Jeremy Renner in Alien Movie Arrival

Arrival

Regarding the style and tone of ARRIVAL, Renner said you'd get the film "if you blended a [Stanley] Kubrick and a [Steven] Spielberg movie." USA Today goes on to compare it to CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND and CONTACT. In short, don't expect a "big Michael Bay alien movie." “If you’re a parent, it’s going to wreck you," he added. "It’s big and there are thriller elements and tension, but it’s going to lean much more into a thinking person’s film.”

For some reason there's already another trailer and another poster for Resident Evil 6

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter

35 minutes ago, Jay said:

For some reason there's already another trailer and another poster for Resident Evil 6

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter

Intersting how they keep churning these out but you never head people talk about them? Are they decent? Are they shite?

I have no idea; I stopped watching them after the second one.  I don't think I know anyone who has seen them all.  They must have some kind of audience to have gotten up to six entries, though!

And now we have a teaser trailer for The Arrival

Full trailer coming next Tuesday.

On 10/30/2015 at 8:59 AM, Jay said:

It's called Ocean's 8 and will star Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett, Anne Hathaway, Rihanna, Mindy Kaling, Helena Bonham Carter, and Nora Lum

It will be directed by Gary Ross - yes, the guy who directed Pleasantville, Seabiscuit, The Hunger Games, and Free State of Jones

Why aren't these all-female remakes getting directed by female directors as well? That's something I didn't get from the Ghostbusters remake.

Normally I don't care if the director is a he or a she, but it seems in these cases like a wasted opportunity.

No, not to that extreme but a lot of female directors complain that it's a male-dominated industry -in particular directors- and along comes a film that it's all about "girl power" and whatnot and it's directed by Paul Feig. 

On 8/10/2016 at 0:18 AM, Jay said:

And now we have a teaser trailer for The Arrival

Full trailer coming next Tuesday.

Count me in!!

This may succeed where Interstellar failed.

16 minutes ago, TheWhiteRider said:

You rang?

Missed you buddy. Needed to get your attention somehow ;)

To clarify, thematically the film seems to follow in the vein of Interstellar. So I wonder if it'll avoid some of the pitfalls that Nolan's otherwise solid film had.

Seems very unlikely but Pitt might be persuasive. However, if Fincher doesn't like the script (and why would he?) he's still gonna decline the offer. We can certainly hope so.

If Fincher truly is an auteur director then he will only do it if the script pleases him. But if he's just looking for a pay check, or this film is a trade off for a film Fincher then gets to do in return....

Even Spielberg needed to make a Jurassic Park before they let him do a Schindlers List.

On 8/9/2016 at 8:17 AM, Alexcremers said:

Look at the background of the second pic. Is it connected to Sicario?

Isn't it a sci-fi film?

3 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

Words or names that end with 'os' is actually a Spanish thing.

It would be -o, -os is the plural form in Iberian romance. On the other hand Greek still retains the singular -os endings.