Which JW theme is your all-time favorite?

Jessie Lohner

Which JW theme is your all-time favorite?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which?

• Star Wars Main Title
    • Raiders March
    • Hedwig's Theme
    • Flying Theme From E.T.
    • Jaws Main Title
    • Theme From Jurassic Park
    • Superman March
    • Other

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talking themes specifically and not cues or main titles, I think the Force theme is the very greatest and richest theme JW has ever written.

But in terms of a single cue, Superman's opening titles are his crowning achievement.

I think the best actual statement is in the end titles reprise (i.e. when it comes back in after Leia's theme, et al.).

No, I think the opening blast of the main title is unbeatable. But of course there's no accounting for taste.

I voted for Jurassic Park (and I mean both principal themes); I think I like the grail theme from LC and the Star Wars force theme at least as much as the JP themes, however.

The Superman theme never really grew on me for some reason...

I think the best actual statement is in the end titles reprise (i.e. when it comes back in after Leia's theme, et al.).

Honestly, I dislike that statement, always have. It jars me. For me, it feels awkward.

No, I think the opening blast of the main title is unbeatable. But of course there's no accounting for taste.

I disagree.

My all time favorite varies from day to day.

´

Mine too. But these poll choices are not very good, IMHO (too focused on "famous" scores)

You want a poll with every minor theme listed? Like with 300 options? :shakehead:

I think they are good options.

If asked to choose only 1 favorite JW theme, I think most people would go for the ones listed.

Or is Sean's Theme your all-time favorite theme, EVER, beating Star Wars, Indy, Harry Potter?

´

Mine too. But these poll choices are not very good, IMHO (too focused on "famous" scores)

You want a poll with every minor theme listed? Like with 300 options? :shakehead:

Yeah, every John Williams Theme he has ever written. That has to be done someday ;)

´

Yeah, every John Williams Theme he has ever written. That has to be done someday ;)

;):P;)

´

They only put options for the biggest blockbusters JW has scored. Not a single choice for a dramatic score.

Good to see no-one votes the way overrated E.T. theme ;)

you're evil. :shakehead: ET is not overrated.

Good to see no-one votes the way overrated E.T. theme :)

you're evil. :blink: ET is not overrated.

Not anymore, apparantly :)

Good to see no-one votes the way overrated E.T. theme :)

lex-luthor-wrong1.jpg

Well, no-one voted for it, right? ;)