The Conspirators

Josh500

8th track from the JFK album.

I love this piece. Whenever I listen to it, I get in a conspirational mood. What the piano and drums do in this piece is classic JW . . . unbeatable. Dennis Steals the Embroys tries to emulate this, and does succeed, partly, but never comes close to this original, IMO.

Is there a written music to this available? Does anybody know?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James Horer does a rather good imitation of this in Playtronics Break-in from Sneakers.

So does John Ottman in New York's Finest from The Usual Suspects.

So does Dave Grusin in ‘Mud Island Chase' from The Firm.

Alex

Believe it or not but this track was used for a dance act at the Oscars.

Worse, the tap noise hurt the hearing of the music... I hated that presentation. :rolleyes:

Believe it or not but this track was used for a dance act at the Oscars.

Worse, the tap noise hurt the hearing of the music... I hated that presentation. :lol:

Where can I see that?

Whenever I listen to it, I get in a conspirational mood.

Indeed, whenever I listen to the theme to Back to the Future I get in a time travel mood.

:lol: Good one!

Whenever I listen to Raiders March, I get in a whipping mood. :P

But the music itself you like, Miss Padme?

Of course, not especially the consprators cue.. but the three main tracks

Motorcade

Arlington

JFK Main Titles. (that one the least of the three)

My favorites, in this order:

Prologue

The Conspirators

Motorcade

Garrison's Family Theme

Arlington

:lol:

Does anyone else like "Ode to Buckwheat" from the album?

Isn't that a source music song?

It is, but even though it is, I still consider it to be worthy of inclusion alongside JW's original score. Does anyone else like it?

Does anyone else like "Ode to Buckwheat" from the album?

Isn't that a source music song?

It is, but even though it is, I still consider it to be worthy of inclusion alongside JW's original score. Does anyone else like it?

Hmmm, have to listen to that again. When does it play in the movie?

During the gay costume party with Clay Shaw, his buddy, and David Ferrie.

Ahhh, OK.

Talking of that scene, isn't part of that also scored with The Conspirators? Man, I love it when that kicks in!

Whenever I listen to it, I get in a conspirational mood.

Indeed, whenever I listen to the theme to Back to the Future I get in a time travel mood.

:lol: Good one!

Whenever I listen to Raiders March, I get in a whipping mood. :P

Looks like you could use some James Whorer.

During the gay costume party with Clay Shaw, his buddy, and David Ferrie.

Ahhh, OK.

Talking of that scene, isn't part of that also scored with The Conspirators? Man, I love it when that kicks in!

Nah. It would sound like it, but you have to listen closely to realize that it's not. :lol:

I did not like the film at all, and the acting was too poor for me to notice the music.

Which actors did you think were poor in the movie as I find your comment really really stupid. Tommy Lee Jones got an Oscar nomination for Best Supporting Actor and Kevin Costner for Best Actor. This movie had the cream of Hollywood talent - Sissy Spacek, Kevin Bacon, Jack Lemmon, Bob Hoskins, Walter Matthau, Ed Asner, Joe Pesci, Donald Sutherland. Granted a lot of parts were cameos but to say the acting was "too poor" is blatant ignorance to the people involved in an overwise excellent movie. The acting was so poor you couldn't notice the music?? Had you the volume turned down to zero or had you your hearing aids turned off???

I did not like the film at all, and the acting was too poor for me to notice the music.

Which actors did you think were poor in the movie as I find your comment really really stupid. Tommy Lee Jones got an Oscar nomination for Best Supporting Actor and Kevin Costner for Best Actor. This movie had the cream of Hollywood talent - Sissy Spacek, Kevin Bacon, Jack Lemmon, Bob Hoskins, Walter Matthau, Ed Asner, Joe Pesci, Donald Sutherland. Granted a lot of parts were cameos but to say the acting was "too poor" is blatant ignorance to the people involved in an overwise excellent movie. The acting was so poor you couldn't notice the music?? Had you the volume turned down to zero or had you your hearing aids turned off???

Jeez, relax. Alright, how I amend my statement to this: "From the third that I saw, I did not like it. The actors that I saw ( not Tommy Lee Jones, Bob Hoskins, Donald Sutherland, or Ed Asner, all of whom I had no idea were involved with the film until Hitch's angry post) were not particularly good, with ( if I recall) over-the-top Southern accents." Regarding the score: No, I could barely hear it. Whether it was mixed too softly, my hearing, or just the scene I was watching, I could barely hear it. In any case, I got bored, and I changed the channel to Chiller, where "Family Plot" was showing, and I enjoyed that film a lot more than "JFK".

Let's not forget Gary Chang's use of it for Under Seige.

You always say "Under Seige," but you know it's really spelled Under Siege, right? ;)

I have to see that again. Whenever I catch that movie on TV, I'm distracted by the lovely Erika Eleniak...

In any case, I got bored, and I changed the channel to Chiller, where "Family Plot" was showing, and I enjoyed that film a lot more than "JFK".

Family Plot is one Hitchcock's lesser films. JFK is better.

How about Family Plot the score?

Family Plot is one of the few JW-scored films I have never seen. Nor do I own the soundtrack. :P

Nor do I own the soundtrack.

Why don't you? You should really get on that. There's no excuse not to own the Family Plot soundtrack.

Is it good?

Anyway, the CD is OOP, isn't it? So it's hard to get ahold of it...

Well you said the Family Plot soundtrack, and as you can see there is no such thing. The End Credits can be found on multiple compilation CD's.

Well, I meant this when I hastily said soundtrack.

Anyway, does anyone have it, and is the music/movie good?

For completeness' sake, yeah it's a big thing. One of the major unreleased scores of JW's career. Honestly I could live without the whole thing, but that's just me. Other people will probably say differently, especially indy4.