Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Pieter Boelen

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (John Williams)  

59 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this score?

• 5 stars
    • 4,5 stars
    • 4 stars
    • 3,5 stars
    • 3 stars
    • 2,5 stars
    • 2 stars
    • 1,5 stars
    • 1 stars
    • I'm not familiar with this score

I got that beat....I got that beat.

I had to record bits from the star wars films, Jaws, Raiders etc...etc... on tape by placing a cassete recorder in front of my TV's single speaker.

Good God.

You must have been living in the dark ages!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, every day my mother would send me to fetch water from the well. It was a 20 kilometer walk....and 20 kilometers back!

Carrying no less then 3 stone jars to put the water in, mind you.

On the way to the well I always put stones in the jars so hen they were filled with water, the journey home would feel less demanding!

Yes, every day my mother would send me to fetch water from the well. It was a 20 kilometer walk....and 20 kilometers back!

Carrying no less then 3 stone jars to put the water in, mind you.

On the way to the well I always put stones in the jars so hen they were filled with water, the journey home would feel less demanding!

Thankfully, our well was connected to a tap via water pipe-in.

And I was putting a tape recorder in front of the TV to record long before most of you were born.

In 20 years will DVD ripping be looked upon with the same nostalga?

I'm surprised there hasn't been some smart arse that voted 1. It's happened with all the other classic scores.

I got that beat....I got that beat.

I had to record bits from the star wars films, Jaws, Raiders etc...etc... on tape by placing a cassete recorder in front of my TV's single speaker.

I did that too.

Oh, I can't stand this "Club Obi-Wan" stuff. It was just meant as a silly little cameo, but now people take it really seriously, like the name is canonical.

Well, Lucas is his own biggest fan.

If he goes further ruining his franchises and frustrating people, he will remain his only one...

*Thumbs Up*

I finally decided - I give the score 4,5. There's just too much of goodies, to give it less, on the other hand I don't think it deserves 5, because I find it too overbearing at times.

I gave it 5 out of 5 stars.

I'd give Raiders 5 out of 5 stars.

I'd give Last Crusade 2.5 stars out of 5 stars and

Kingdom 2 stars out of 5 stars.

Temple closed out John's Golden era where virtually everything he did from 1974 to 1984 was good to great. Masterpieces were common place unlike the last 10 years where they are few and far between.

There were a total of 10 masterworks in that 10 year period. Towering Inferno, Jaws, Star Wars, Close Encounters, Superman, TESB, Raiders, ET, TOD, and the 84 Olympic Theme, and the others that were slightly less, Jaws 2, The Fury, Dracula, 1941, Jedi, Monsignor. WOW.