The Quick Question Thread

rpvee

Ah. I knew it was from the train sequence, but I didn't get how the titles were relevant.

So A/B is Part 1/2, and I guess Zoom is because the train is, like, zooming?

Funny.

Ah. I knew it was from the train sequence, but I didn't get how the titles were relevant.

So A/B is Part 1/2, and I guess Zoom is because the train is, like, zooming?

Funny.

Correct, Zoom A should end when the train zips into the tunnel. Zoom B picks up as soon as the helicopter flies in after the train.

Hey, silly question - where is the unused ending to "The Entrance of Mr. Hammond" found on the Jurassic Park DVD? I can't remember now...

[EDIT: Never mind, it's in two places in the documentary. The first one can be isolated more cleanly overall, but the second one is good for the very end.]

BTW what is the best De-hissing software I want to TEST* De-hissing the TLC footwarmer tracks

*It does not mean I will use the "touched" versions of the tracks, just that I will test De-hissing them

I created a thread for this question, but found no answer. Gonna try for an answer here:

I just finished watching "Fantastic Mr. Fox" for the fourth time. Such a fun film, and I've never really been a fan of Wes Anderson.

One part of the score that I cannot find anywhere on iTunes is the cue played when they are rescuing Kristofferson from the Bean Annex. It's a fun percussion theme that plays for about four minutes.

Does anyone know where this cue can be found?

Um, Bean's Secret Cider Cellar?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9lWJAS9Qy0

Nah, that's not it. I know which one Trumpeteer's talking about. It also plays near the beginning, when Mr. Fox and Kylie are breaking into the chicken coop and shooting the blueberries at the dogs. I looked everywhere for it too, the closest thing I could find was "Plan B" from the Fantastic Mr. Fox - Additional Music from the Original Score CD. I don't think it's that exact cue, but it's pretty similar and features some of the same rhythmic ideas, along with some great banjo licks at the end.

I thought "Plan B" had some familiar sounds to it, as well, but I would love to have the actual cue. I wonder why it was never included on any of the soundtracks.

I guess I'll have to do it the cheap way and rip it from the DVD.

Question: Chamber of Secrets:

In the film, is portions of "Reunion of friends" tracked from HP1? sounds like a section from the ost is not used in the film. Just curious if that bit is tracked or if the film version is actually an alternate.

New question: y'all who like flac format, what software do you use for wav to flac?

Quick question:

In E.T., besides minor edits in tracks from the film version, is the only true missing piece of music from the score is when Elliott is looking into the cornfields? It's essentially the ambient music heard in the Main Titles, correct?

I don't remember that piece, which could even be tracked from the sound of it, but we're missing two other cues: "Mary Searches the Closet", which is a short, slightly suspenseful cue, and "The Quiet Man", which is the brief, lush arrangement of music from the film of the same name as Elliot kisses the girl after the incident with the frogs, ending with a lovely fragment of the flying theme.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got the Boston Pops's Joy to the World, but it doesn't have the usual Boston Pops booklet and side. It says "Sony Music Custom Marketing Group" on back, inside, side and label. It looks like someone scanned in the images from the back and front cover, and then put additional credits on it with the Sony Music Custom Marketing Group credits (like if you'd print out a document that has a scan from a booklet on it together with additional typed text - that kind of difference in quality).

It looks legit though, (I hope), is this some kind of reissue?

Can you post images?

What does the actual CD look like? It sounds like a fake but perhaps someone lost the original booklet or it was damaged.

I'm afraid I don't have a scanner. It looks rather like a cheap budget reissue than a fake (who would want to make a fake of Joy to the World anyway :)). I didn't buy it here, but here's more info apparently: http://www.oldies.com/product-view/05732G.html

I have the 2 Williams / Boston Pops Christmas CDs.

Is the actual CD the real thing or is it a CD-R? Perhaps it's one of those "on demand" or a promotional copy.

Mine has a 24-page booklet with liner notes and a typical spine for Sony (like in Summon The Heroes CD). Also, on the cover you have the shiny silver logo of Sony Classical (which isn't on the picure you posted).

BTW it is one of my favourie Chirstmas CD's.

Karol

Yeah the booklet is one page, with the tracklist. I don't think it's a CD-R, but I don't know how I could tell. That was the main reason for asking this - I don't mind a budget reissue, but a CD-R wouldn't be cool.

Well what color is the actual playing surface of the CD?

It's not a 100 % accurate way to tell but usually the surface isn't silver like a normal CD.

Thanks, yep I have enough Boston Pops CDs to know that mine does look different - I was just wondering if anyone could shed any light on these Sony Custom Marketing Group versions.

anybody know of a good free FLAC to MP3 converter?

The FLAC website has a convertor that will make it into WAV, and then you can do anything with that through iTunes. I've tried stuff like Winamp, but I find this way easier. Plus, most convertors don't do Apple Lossless, but I can do it this way.

anybody know of a good free FLAC to MP3 converter?

Lately I've been using LameDrop. You literally just drag flac files to it and it spits them out as mp3s one at a time. Works great, though the files need to be re-tagged afterwards (unless there's some setting I missed)

Ok, it turns out I didn't find the track I was looking for in Batman Begins...

Ok, so there is a statement of the hero theme when Bruce decides to run off and travel/train. Anyone know the name of the cue/track? Thank you in advance!!

Does the two-disc extended version of Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves contain any additional score not found on the original album?

I don't believe so, almost 99% sure it doesn't. I remember being really disappointed when I bought it.

Ok, it turns out I didn't find the track I was looking for in Batman Begins...

Ok, so there is a statement of the hero theme when Bruce decides to run off and travel/train. Anyone know the name of the cue/track? Thank you in advance!!

^^^

Bump.

Someone must know this.

In JP3, the soft rendition of the Jurassic Park theme that is played when Alan Grant is in the rainy driveway (can't remember the scene too well). Is this officially released?

and oh yeah, my Batman Begins question above. :(

anybody else think that Hans Zimmer ripped of the theme from HTTYD a bit in his score for Rango?

and does anyone the cue names/numbers for the LOTR scores?

anybody else think that Hans Zimmer ripped of the theme from HTTYD a bit in his score for Rango?

I'm a big fan of HTYYD and I listen to Rango quite often, but I don't hear any similarities. Care to post an especific example?

and does anyone the cue names/numbers for the LOTR scores?

Sadly they've never been published and have never leaked. Doug's book would have been the perfect place to present them, but that wasn't the direction the team wanted to go in.

What's a good (free) programme to convert all sorts of audio/video files (including flv for instance) into audio? I know KM suggested one a while ago, but I forgot which one it was.

How to post audio files in the way that JanBing always does? It shows the audio player but it doesn't let you download it.

Thanks in advance!

Pretty sure that's not on the OST. Too bad, 'cause that's actually one of the better sounding statements of it.

Pretty sure that's not on the OST. Too bad, 'cause that's actually one of the better sounding statements of it.

ahh, ok, thanks for the reply, though!

Why don't composers like Howard Shore and Ennio Morricone use orchestrators? Do they really have more artistic control over their final product than John Williams does?