The Quick Question Thread

rpvee

Question: is there a way for me to change my name on JWFan? I never wanted this strange name to begin with, my step brother punched in his random gibberish when I left my "create profile" page up on the computer way back when....lol.

Question: is there a way for me to change my name on JWFan? I never wanted this strange name to begin with, my step brother punched in his random gibberish when I left my "create profile" page up on the computer way back when....lol.

Just send me a private message with what you would like it to be and I'll change it for ya

Where does the Han and Leia theme snippet at 8:40 in "Speeder Bike Chase/Land of the Ewoks" go in the film?

That is actually an alternate of "At the Court of Jabba the Hutt."

What does the brass motif in "Escape from Cloud City/ Hyperspace" represent,

heard at 4:13-4:48! It's heard a lot more in the Hyperspace cue.

And also, what does the motif heard in "Alarm!" and "Scherzo for Motorcycle and Orchestra" represent?

Is that an alternate "Keeping Up With The Jones" Williams did? Because I don't recall hearing that track in the movie.

Keeping Up With The Joneses is an original film cue that matched an early cut of the film. After scoring, the scene was edited down a bit, and they decided to play most of it with no score at all. The score that comes in towards then end is a revised cue that hasn't appeared on CD yet.

I have a little question.

It's about a film cue. I don't know what it's called, and i don't have an example youtube clip, so'll describe it.

There's a big choir chanting loudly with a timpani (and i think low strings) in the background.

Then there's a cymbal crash and the choir came to a crescendo, that's all i heard of it.

It didn't sound very new to me, it was recorded somewhere in the 80's/90's i think.

Wow, gold star for me!

:lol:

That was impressive. Although O Fortuna is perhaps the most over used choral chant styled piece in history.

• 3 weeks later...

What is the name of the piece (waltz?) that is playing when Schindler is dancing with his wife while looking at another woman? (This is near the beginning of the movie, AFTER the "Por Una Cabeza" scene.) Thanks in advance!

What is the name of the piece (waltz?) that is playing when Schindler is dancing with his wife while looking at another woman? (This is near the beginning of the movie, AFTER the "Por Una Cabeza" scene.) Thanks in advance!

It is called Deine Augen Sind Dein Herz and was arranged for the film by Angela Morley.

Thanks!

Who was the original composer, though?

Now there is a good question. I could not find it in any info I have nor did quick googling reveal it.

Thanks!

Now there is a good question. I could not find it in any info I have nor did quick googling reveal it.

Okay, do we even know for sure that this was a pre-existing song? It seems strange that I can't find ANY info at all about a song called "Deine Augen sind Dein Herz" (Your eyes are your heart)! Not on google, not on youtube, not on amazon...

And there's the fact that the song is not listed in the end credits. Maybe the melody was written by JW himself, and Angela Morley arranged it?

Thanks!

Okay, do we even know for sure that this was a pre-existing song? It seems strange that I can't find ANY info at all about a song called "Deine Augen sind Dein Herz" (Your eyes are your heart)! Not on google, not on youtube, not on amazon...

And there's the fact that the song is not listed in the end credits. Maybe the melody was written by JW himself, and Angela Morley arranged it?

Several other songs featured in the film are not mentioned in the credits of the movie. I guess it has to do with the fact that they were re-recorded during the recording sessions, not using pre-existing recording. But I also find it odd that "Deine Augen sind Dein Herz"can't be found on the internet.

One example of uncredited song is the Gloomy Sunday by Rezso Seress:

I know that, thanks! But as I said...

It seems strange that I can't find ANY info at all about a song called "Deine Augen sind Dein Herz" (Your eyes are your heart)! Not on google, not on youtube, not on amazon...

It's like there's no trace of this at all!

I know that, thanks! But as I said...

It seems strange that I can't find ANY info at all about a song called "Deine Augen sind Dein Herz" (Your eyes are your heart)! Not on google, not on youtube, not on amazon...

It's like there's no trace of this at all!

These songs are mentioned in the Schindler's List Recording Sessions thread btw:

http://www.jwfan.com...showtopic=16823

It does not help us to track them down when even mighty Google can't find the song by its name though. :P

Even IMDB's soundtrack listing, which does a decent job listing the songs and other source music presented in a movie, doesn't mention any song with "eyes" or "heart" in the title.

Really late response, but for alphabetizing composers...

Gregson-Williams is his last name, hence it would go under G. Howard is his last name, hence it would go under H.

Is this for people that tag their artists and album artists as "Last, First?"

Speaking of source music, has anyone yet been able to identify the third piece of source music played by the Amity High School Band near the beginning of Jaws 2 when Brody and his wife dance? It's a slow 1940's style big band dance number and it bugs me every time I watch the film that I can't place it. It comes right after the band plays Downtown and The Girl From Ipanema.

While doing an internet search I found a link to a version of the script that suggests that the music playing in the background was to have been When I Fall In Love, but it's clearly not that in the actual movie.

:conf:

Is it clear enough to Shazam?

I've asked him but he does not know what it is either ( :rimshot: ).

Unfortunately Rich I do not have Jaws 2 on DVD or video (and, just as importantly, lack the techincal know-how to do this), but if anyone else knows what they're doing and can put it up on here that would be great. The music is heard quite prominently in the film.

I found a clip at metacafe and put it to Soundhound but it could not identify.

Thanks for trying anyway, Charlie!

I should also have added that the camera pans over the 'Amity High School Band' briefly when the piece in question starts. You can see the sheet music on some of the players' music stands and it looks like the title of the piece has three words, but is otherwise too blurry for me to make out on TV. I wonder if anyone who has the DVD could pause it there and try to make out what it says? The music was played by an actual high school band (from Gulf Breeze High School in Florida), so it is likely that the title on the sheet music would be correct as they also appear to be sight reading.

By the way, I found an interesting series of articles about the band while googling for an answer:

http://www.gulfbreez...t_page/004.html

Even IMDB's soundtrack listing, which does a decent job listing the songs and other source music presented in a movie, doesn't mention any song with "eyes" or "heart" in the title.

Gregson-Williams is his last name, hence it would go under G. Howard is his last name, hence it would go under H.

Jay asked a couple pages ago, for organizing his CDs.

No, I am starting to think there never was such a song!

Either this is an original "song" or it was known under a different name! (And yet strangely enough, it does sound kind of familiar...)

Ah, a genuine mystery.

Btw, wonderfully orchestrated (also composed?) by Angela Morley, this little piece. I love how during the ballroom dance this song swells to life with an orchestral flourish and then the scene cuts abruptly to Schindler and his wife lying in bed and talking peacefully... and still the music goes on...

Anybody who has ANY info on this song, known as "Deine Augen sind Dein Herz," please step forward!

;)

Like me.

depends on the score

I think is usually means extension

A lot of times its a piece of music that would go in between 5m1 and 5m2

But sometimes it could be a cue that goes before 5m1

Does anybody know/have this CD? Is it any good? How are the performances?

Mag, it's not that bad, actually, if only to hear versions of tracks, recorded in decent stereo, rather than the horrible-sounding, already-released stuff (Main Title from "TTI", etc.).

I like "Indy's First Adventure" on this cd. The strings at the begining actually sound disonant, rather than like a whole bunch of cats being strangled.*

Also, The "Dracula" stuff is pretty good,

If memory serves, this cd set is a 2cd reduction or an older 4cd set.

These recordings are clearly NOT the OSTs, but at the very least, they serve as a nice introduction to the wonderful world of JW!

If you can, try to get, or at least hear, the corresponding 2cd set of Goldsmith stuff, as it contains an awsome rendition of "The Bees Arrive".

* Oops, that came from another c.d! Sorry!

I can't listen to your specific youtube link right now but yes, the BS score was used in the TMP trailer. It's mentioned in the liner notes of the BS CD.

Isn't this JW's score to Black Sunday in the Star Trek TMP trailer?

It is, along with some of the animated series' music.

So..."TPM:UE". There's been a lot of criticisim of it, on this site. What exactly is wrong with it?

What is the music in the menu of King Kong (Blu-Ray) called?

EDIT: I know now that part of it is the end of 6m6 Dead Crew Members. What is the rest?

Thanks! :)

No problem. I knew the title because it was used in the trailer for Tintin :)

I kind of like it. It's not bad.

Wow, gold star for me!

:lol:

That was impressive. Although O Fortuna is perhaps the most over used choral chant styled piece in history.

It's funny how i had forgotten the title, but remembered the composer.

When does Hans Zimmer use a real orchestra? i was listening to the scores from Sherlock Holmes 2 and On Stranger Tides, and while they have the Zimmer sound I enjoy from time to time, I could tell the brass and strings were VERY fake. I'm just wondering how often Zimmer uses real instruments or real ensambles if ever.

When does Hans Zimmer use a real orchestra? i was listening to the scores from Sherlock Holmes 2 and On Stranger Tides, and while they have the Zimmer sound I enjoy from time to time, I could tell the brass and strings were VERY fake. I'm just wondering how often Zimmer uses real instruments or real ensambles if ever.

Surprisingly enough he uses real ensembles very frequently. His horrible trick is that he makes them sound like synths more often than not. :o

Surprisingly enough he uses real ensembles very frequently. His horrible trick is that he makes them sound like synths more often than not. :o

Really? How does he do that?

I really thought those strings were synth..