What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

The Dexter finale was absolutely terrible. I can't even begin to describe how awful the entire final season was. It's not even worth discussing

I finally finished The X-Files last night, a task that I started three or four years ago and have slowly worked through, sometimes with long breaks.

Naturally, this morning, I went back and watched the pilot. :P

I think Fringe will be my next binge show.

My sister has not seen The Avengers movie, but she wants to see the new TV show Agents of Shield. Is this a good idea? I don't think so, but I couldn't tell her why without spoiling the movie.

The Avengers movie isn't exactly high cinema. It's a silly action flick, who cares if you know going in that Coulson dies

The League 5x03 Chalupa vs The Cutlet

Funny stuff, even though the man cave jokes were overused, especially after they already did them all last week!

So what? It's still just a dumb action movie. Not something you can really spoil your enjoyment of by knowing some minor plot point like that ahead of time

So what? It's still just a dumb action movie. Not something you can really spoil your enjoyment of by knowing some minor plot point like that ahead of time

You mean that gigantic, critically acclaimed and beloved motion picture that happens to be one of the biggest blockbusters of all time? ;)

Karol

The whole question is absurd, anyway; If she's already seen a SINGLE commercial for Agents of SHIELD, then she's seen the "spoiler" she will see by watching the show proper, so why not just go for it

Iron Man 2 was garbage.

Ok, ok, I meant the Spiderman and X-Men movies after the first two of each.

My original point stemmed from the idea that the show will "spoil" how Coulson survived, ruining the movie when they see him alive. I had already been spoiled though, so his "death" had no impact.

By simply making a show about Coulson, Marvel/ABC/Whedon are "spoiling" The Avengers for anyone who hasn't seen it. I don't see it as a big deal though.

Anyone who walked into a comic book movie expecting another Superman or Dark Knight or Jaws or Lawrence of Arabia or To Kill a Mockingbird... Why were you going to see a comic book movie in the first place?

Yes, chuckles. Look at the source material. Comic books. Space opera. High fiction? Not likely. I like dumb popcorn movies to take my mind off my boring pointless thankless everyday life.

Anyone who walked into a comic book movie expecting another Superman or Dark Knight or Jaws or Lawrence of Arabia or To Kill a Mockingbird... Why were you going to see a comic book movie in the first place?

Because films based on comic books can only be shitty.

Ill take the first two Spider-Man films over today's Marvel crap any day. Those movies were actually fun...modern Marvel is simply regurgitated formula at work.

Films like Iron Man and Iron Man 3 work because of RDJ's charisma and some of the witty dialogue. Avengers was meh with some good done with the casting, but I would not watch that overrated film again.

I finally finished The X-Files last night, a task that I started three or four years ago and have slowly worked through, sometimes with long breaks.

Naturally, this morning, I went back and watched the pilot. :P

Lightweight. I run through the entire series every couple of years. I get through it in about 3 months. They lost me with the super soldiers story line, which just wasn't up to snuff.

2 Broke Girls 3x01 And The Soft Opening

Not much to say, the show is basically the same week after week. Full of jokes and eye candy, a good show to throw on while you're eating dinner.

Engrossing feature length audience interview with Vince Gilligan hosted by Charlie Brooker:

Thanks for sharing. If you're interested there is even a better (and longer) one right here. This has been recorded while they were doing season 3 but it's very insightful and interesting.

Karol

New Girl 3x02 Jacooz

June from Apartment 23!!! Sadly her appearance just made me miss Apartment 23 more than anything, since her (and Angela from the Office) was drastically underused. Still not loving Jessica and Nick being together, and damn, why'd they have to do that to poor Winston. That girl was a bitch! Schmidt dating CeCe and Elizabeth at once is also ridiculous! I hate how CeCe is immediately back in love with him after being jilted at the alter not to long ago!