New Intrada's 4/14/09

Trent B

Someone was tellign me there is only like 4 minutes missing from "Moonraker" and that the release of it alone is the msot expanded of the other Bond re-issues.

oh that's it?

there's also a Prague re-recording with the music for the arrival at Drax's castle

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roger posted more about the releases.

I'll give you the clues a day early. The 3000 unit run hails from the 70s. It's the premiere release of a pretty big score from this guy's catalog. The 1000 unit one is a 2-CD set featuring two scores. Both films are first represented by their original LP presentation from the late 50s and early 60s. And one of them, which was a rerecording, is also accompanied by a 20 minute suite of the original tracks. Of course, we decided on 1000 units before we found the suite, so we probably should have done 1200. But we can't plan for everything!

I wonder if The Ten Commandments is getting a re-release. A 20-minute suite of that would sound nice. It depends on what the second disc would be, though, to decide if I'd buy it, because I own the original re-recording.

Dracula complete/expanded/whatever = Worth great excitement

Dracula re-issue = Worth substantially less excitement

Yes, I'd rather wait for an expanded as well.

As far as Dracula etc. are concerned, was there ever any confirmation about whether or not film scores were destroyed in the Universal Studios fire a year or two ago? I thought Universal's official statement was "no", but that someone in the know over at FSM had indicated "yes."

Well it's a premiere release from this composer's catalogue, so that should also rule out LP releases, suites of the actual score included in compilations and re-recordings by my terminology.

Black Sunday would qualify as a big score from Williams' catalogue.

Jerry Goldsmith - One Little Indian or Players. Damnation Alley would be nice if they found the missing electronic elements but some of the score was already released on the Goldsmith at Fox set.

Elmer Bernstein - Animal House

Jerry Fielding - Beyond The Poseiden Adventure

I can't think of anything from John Barry or Georges Delerue. Is there a big title from Morricone that needs a release?

Technically this had some music released.

Is there a big title from Morricone that needs a release?

Not that I know of. He has 400+ scores, so I'm sure there is something they could find ;) Any of his Western scores are welcome.

Black Sunday would qualify as a big score from Williams' catalogue.

Jerry Goldsmith - One Little Indian or Players. Damnation Alley would be nice if they found the missing electronic elements but some of the score was already released on the Goldsmith at Fox set.

Jerry Fielding - Beyond The Poseiden Adventure

I can't think of anything from John Barry or Georges Delerue. Is there a big title from Morricone that needs a release?

Morricone = 'Danger Diabolik' :) As i said, it has a rather big cult following, but i doubt Intrada ventures too far from american shores. Barry and Delerue have all their 'major' scores released, the Goldsmiths you named sound too esoteric but would sure be welcome.

'Black Sunday' would be cool but had to sound substantially better than the boot. I'll keep the Motzing suite...

Isn't at least something from 'Beyond Poseidon Adventure' released?

Here's what Doug Fake (the big cheese at Intrada) posted:

Though it comes from a legendary composer with dozens and dozens of albums, the 3000 unit title has never been released in any format before. Not a suite, not a theme, not a note! That's one of the exciting things about it. The sound samples alone will probably be enough to get your blood racing. Every note's included, complete and in pristine stereo from magnificent vaulted studio masters. What a discovery!

Given the history, 3000 may not be enough... but it's the max we can produce under the AFM and studio agreements. Trust me, it's one you'll probably want to consider getting.

--Doug

link

Black Sunday did have a suite released, although it was a re-recording and Family Plot had the two cues on the Hitchcock compilation.

One Little Indian & Players are two Goldsmith scores from the 70's that haven't had anything released. The Reincarnation Of Peter Proud appears to have had a theme released on LP.

It's probably something obvious we aren't thinking about, kinda like their release of War Games.

This is where my lack of golden age scores and general knowledge lets me down. I can only imagine being excited about an announcement like this if it was from the mid 90s, much less the 70s.

Still, I'll be there at 1am on Wednesday.

Black Sunday did have a suite released, although it was a re-recording and Family Plot had the two cues on the Hitchcock compilation.

'Black Sunday' if he discarded re-recorded thingies...but the announcement would still read a bit strange, then.

or 'The Salamander'? This is an early 80's Goldsmith with catchy theme, a 'Final Conflict'-y chorale piece and action music...never released.

Doug stated the composer often wrote good music for "less-than-stellar" movies, which I would interpret as Jerry Goldsmith.

Or Morricone.

'The List of Adrian Messneger' would be welcome, too! :wave:

I think Family Plot and Black Sunday quality as scores wanted by the entire film score community

As opposed to something like "Link"

*reminds himself we got a great JW year in 2008*

I guess another Goldsmith only the die hard (FSM) fans care about is ok

And those come in bigger numbers than Williams fans around here, it seems. :wave:

I think Family Plot and Black Sunday quality as scores wanted by the entire film score community

As opposed to something like "Link"

Both are release-worthy scores, but certainly not above scores like 'Messenger', 'Lonely are the Brave' or other indeed still unreleased Goldsmith scores.

'Link' very obviously is out of the equation for the 14th release....

But of course it could turn out neither Goldsmith nor Williams.

And the winner is.......................

Me.

One Little Indian - Jerry Goldsmith.

The second one is Les Baxter's Master Of The World & Goliath & The Barbarians.

The first few sample clips from One Little Indian are a little underwhelming, but "Hot Fire" is vintage Goldsmith. It'll be interesting to see how quickly this title sells.

I can't believe the lack of interest in this Goldsmith score from you guys here. Especially you Vosk and Koray. This is PRIME Goldsmith. Great action cues, lovely melodic B theme, just listen to the clip of the last track. Pure Goldsmith joy!! And not to mention, a never before heard one as well!

Not just Williams fans, but for score fanatics like us I am very underwhelmed by the lack of enthusiasm over this release!

I ordered both of them today. Can't wait to hear them in their entirety.

I can't believe the lack of interest in this Goldsmith score from you guys here. Especially you Vosk and Koray. This is PRIME Goldsmith. Great action cues, lovely melodic B theme, just listen to the clip of the last track. Pure Goldsmith joy!! And not to mention, a never before heard one as well!

Not just Williams fans, but for score fanatics like us I am very underwhelmed by the lack of enthusiasm over this release!

I ordered both of them today. Can't wait to hear them in their entirety.

Sorry but I never saw the movie so I can't really connect to the score. I mean yes the samples do sound great but I got be choosy this year on what to buy.

Johnny you have like 3 billion scores okay. You don't need anymore! As for me, I'm not a big Goldsmith fan, or really a fan of anyone that isn't currently active in the industry.

your loss dude. I love the suspended chords in the Rhodes piano and the main theme. I totally ordered this. It's different but still has Goldsmith's unmistakable compositional stamp on it.

Meh. To each their own. Their loss.

This is a FANTASTIC release. If not for nothing else, but the ramifications of this being released (held up for years due to Disney), and of the Honey set from Mr. Horner, things are starting to look up for us lowly little collectors.

And it isn't about having a billion scores Koray, I don't see what that has to do with anything. I enjoy having good QUALITY scores. And Goldsmith rarely disappoints. You should do yourself a favor, and listen to the last sample. Pure fun Goldsmith.

I'm slightly underwhelmed, but I think I'll order the Goldmsith if only to support the continued efforts with Disney. I'll just order a Rozsa that I don't have in the place of the Baxter.

I might pick up One Little Indian. I'll always get Jerry, and I haven't gotten a new release of his since Alien or The Wind and the Lion (can't remember which one was last).

The first few sample clips from One Little Indian are a little underwhelming, but "Hot Fire" is vintage Goldsmith. It'll be interesting to see how quickly this title sells.

I agree. I love Goldsmith's westerns, but they all strike me as being more or less in the same category, quality wise (i.e. terrific). I rarely feel like a specific one, I just feel like hearing that sound. I was resigned to pass on this one (my latest SAE order just having been shipped a couple of days ago), but then 'Hot Fire' came along, and that kicks some major ass (So does 'Go After Him!'). Now I think I'm gonna have to order it. Or just listed to these soundclips ad-nausium.

I listened to the sound clips, and I'm impressed. I do have one Goldsmith western (Extreme Prejudice) which is ok every once in a while, but it's not an everyday listen.

I emailed MovieMusic to see if I could buy this and tack it into my previous order that hasn't shipped yet, because I can't think of any other must-buys that I need right away.

This also great news in that we are seeing Disney titles released.

So who knows what goodies are headed our way, I know a certain James Horner title that would make the film score community happy. And maybe the Black Hole can go from being an iTunes exclusive to an actual release.

********Edit********

Actually I can think of another James Horner score, we already got the rejected one from Varese and speaking of that, perhaps The Black Cauldron may get a re-release, expanded of course. :P