The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

It sounds like some of the battle music in Prokofiev's Ivan Grozny, which means it's probably Horner

If so, which Horner score could it be?

Although something about it sounds like it's not Horner.

I wonder if LFL would licence the score for Willow? They don't really go in-house with their albums, after all the Star Wars ones have been with Sony, RCA and Polydor. I mean, who would imagine a little-known jazz label would be given the licence for the Indiana Jones series? And it's not as if Willow is a prestige LFL title.

Someone at FSM suggested it might be Richard Rodney Bennett's Nicholas and Alexandra, which seems a pretty good guess to me. I haven't rewatched the movie in years, but the tone of the music certainly seems to fit

A little-known Jazz label probably paid them a handsome sum for the privilege.

or lucas likes them.

After all the sold the rights to the SW Radio dramas for the money he had on his pocket.

It was 1$.

Now available on the Varese Sarabande website

"The Killing Room" - Music composed & conducted by Brian Tyler

Limited edition of 1000 copies.

"Jesse Stone: Stone Cold" - Music by Jeff Beal

Limited edition of 1000 copies.

Ordered the Tyler. Sounds impressive.

The original Willow album is pretty much loaded as it is. I don't think it's going to be that one.

There's still a fair amount of good unreleased music though. It's easily a 2 disc score complete.

The original Willow album is pretty much loaded as it is. I don't think it's going to be that one.

There's still a fair amount of good unreleased music though. It's easily a 2 disc score complete.

I'd love a complete Willow

I never thought I'd see the day we'd get a limited Brian Tyler release over Zimmer.

I can.

But seriously, Varese's purpose behind these new limited non-club releases is to get current scores for smaller films, that wouldn't see a normal release, out there.

I'd love a complete Willow

I think a 2 disc Willow might be overkill, like the 2 disc Krull can be at times.

But I would probably buy it anyways. ;)

Intrada just posted another clip and it sounds like Exodus, but something is different and it's driving me up the friggin wall trying to figure it out.

I think a 2 disc Willow might be overkill, like the 2 disc Krull can be at times.

But I would probably buy it anyways. ;)

While it does seem a bit long, I don't find the 2 disc Krull to be overkill, of course it's the type of score I love. Anyway, Willow was one of my first non-Williams scores so I'm very fond of it. I also remember at least one very good cue in the movie that made me say "crap, that's great and it's not on the CD".

Intrada just posted another clip and it sounds like Exodus, but something is different and it's driving me up the friggin wall trying to figure it out.

It reminds me of Randy Edelman's Gettysburg, especially the tension at the 1:00 mark.

I'm starting to sound like a broken record (that analogy probably doesn't make any sense in these modern days) but I'd love a complete Masada, even more so since I don't have the original CD.

Okay so you did beat me to punch of posting it. Damn it sounds so oddly familiar to me for some reason but I can't place my finger on it. :|

What ever score this one belongs to I may buy it, it sounds good.

BTW wasn't Intrada gonna take two weeks for for Christmas break? I thought they did last year...

Roger is being determinedly tight-lipped about tomorrow's releases. It is unknown whether the sound clips are from the same or different scores, also a mystery is the number for each title - all that is known is that 2 2-disc sets are being released, both of exciting music by prolific composers. Here's hoping to Dracula!

Roger has posted 2 sound clips, he didn't say whether or not they were from the same score. If they aren't then you can rule out Williams.

One really sounds like Ernest Gold's Exodus, which would be nice but Tadlow just released a re-recording of the complete score.

The problem is, no one would believe that was the release if they did. :lol:

"It's too obvious."

"They're playing a joke on us."

"Intrada's never posted something that gave it away."

Well what people want and what the labels can do are two different things.

BTTF was recorded with a large orchestra so the fees would be high. Plus how many fans of the score are actually out there?

I know FSM made the recent Khan CD unlimited but there is a large Star Trek fan base as well. I don't think BTTF has that big of a fan base.

Also I doubt Back To The Future is a 2-CD set. I'm sure like the boots of 2 and 3 it would be a 1-CD set. Well we'll find out today what the releases are. I kind of hope it's something I want yet won't want...

It wouldn't make sense for Intrada to release BTTF. There is not a clue or sound clip available they could use that would not be guessed instantly by some insane fan who memorized the film.

Unless, um, they are releasing it, and just haven't provided a clue or soundbyte.