What Is The Last Score You Listened To? (older scores)

Ollie

There's still Rambo III to consider, which is excellent in the action department (or all departments if I'm being honest)

Rambo III is a great score that's seriously harmed by the lousy orchestra performance. A Tadlow rerecording would be great.

You really think so??? I've never felt the performance lacking in any way. The Intrada's one of my favourite score albums actually.

It's not the BRAVEHEART theme per se but the 4-note Sons of Scotlamd theme (that also is basis of the climax).

I didn't necessarily mean *the* "the Braveheart theme", just *a* theme from the score. I don't know it well enough to name the themes really. ;)

Rambo III is a great score that's seriously harmed by the lousy orchestra performance. A Tadlow rerecording would be great.

You really think so??? I've never felt the performance lacking in any way. The Intrada's one of my favourite score albums actually.

What? It's probably the worst performance of all Goldsmith scores. It makes it hard to listen to the CD for me, and pretty much ruins Preparations.

Also made an hour long autumn-themed playlist on Spotify. Some cues are there by design, some just because others weren't available (Magnolia should have been there, for example). There are so many scores that could be included (even just from John Williams) but tried to make it relatively brief and (hopefully) varied enough.

Wrote a review of the latest Batman: The Animated Series.

Listened to Cutthroat Island earlier this morning. I think, part of what makes this score is an incredible performance of LSO and great recording. Dear lord, they can play!

:music: Magnolia by Jon Brion

Karol

Also made an hour long autumn-themed playlist on Spotify. Some cues are there by design, some just because others weren't available (Magnolia should have been there, for example). There are so many scores that could be included (even just from John Williams) but tried to make it relatively brief and (hopefully) varied enough.

Wrote a review of the latest Batman: The Animated Series.

Listened to Cutthroat Island earlier this morning. I think, part of what makes this score is an incredible performance of LSO and great recording. Dear lord, they can play!

:music: Magnolia by Jon Brion

Karol

Yeah practically the only good thing to come out of Cutthroat Island is Debney's score and LSO gives truly a fantastic performance.

Charles Augustus Magnussen (played by Lars Mikkelsen) from the TV series Sherlock. Either him or Stefan Cosman...

Just listened - doesn't like anything like Williams or Giacchino to me.

There are some hints of Williams in there, specifically some techniques used in the Prequels but other than that it sounds quite different from Williams's usual Star Wars sound to my ears.

Double whammy of Goldsmith's urban noir Americana:

L.A. Confidential

City Hall

Gotta love these flip sides of the same noirish sound. The first one is harsher and darker and unrelenting for the most part while the other is more soothing, warm and serene. These two complement each other nicely. I really like the suspense scoring in both films, City Hall perhaps even more than L.A.

They must have broken some timpani's on those!

Yeah! But boy do they make an impression! Now that is what I would call character.

DT, the ET OST was not a rerecording. Everything there was recorded at the same time with the same people as everything used in the film.