What Is The Last Score You Listened To? (older scores)

Ollie

Only film music fans discuss How to Train Your Dragon and Fifty Shades of Grey at the same time.

Probably - it'd be in 2018 if so, and they haven't announced any titles past 2015 yet

So 2018 might bring us Mulan and Robin Hood? Fingers crossed.

Having fun with

AUSTIN WINTORY - Journey

It could be labelled 'relaxing epic', not unlike this other game score, ELDER SCROLLS: SKYRIM, and it betrays such an assured hand in blending the mostly subtle ethnic colors with a string orchestra, heavy emphasis on cello, into a coherent whole that it's a joy to listen to. It's almost like a dreamy little brother to something like Morricone's MARCO POLO or SECRET OF THE SAHARA, sans the pitch-perfect themes of course, but still. Highly recommended.

Jerry Goldsmith - Capricorn One

Fun score. I feel like it's kind of a "cousin score" to both Alien and Aliens, since it sometimes has the same kind of "mood" as some Alien cues (no crazy instruments thought), and of course Horner ripped off the main theme to use in Futile Escape :)

James Horner - Aliens

One of the best action scores ever, though I also love all the quiet moments. A five star score!

James Horner - Aliens

One of the best action scores ever, though I also love all the quiet moments. A five star score!

Could get into this one. Khachaturian vs. Klingons and that's it! ;)

Karol

Yea luckily I was into that score long before I ever heard Star Trek III, so in my mind ST3 ripped of Aliens not the other way around :)

Michael Giacchino - Star Tours

SO much fun. I wish there was a half hour of this stuff instead of just 10 minutes. Love it.

Danny Elfman - Wanted

Still enjoying this guy quite a bit. Nice main theme

James Newton Howard - Unbreakable

Haven't listened to this in ages, if at all. I liked the funky 90's parts.

Michael Giacchino - Cloverfield

Love all 12 minutes of it :)

Final Fantasy the Spirits Within by Elliot Goldenthal: I forgot how phenomenal this score is. Goldenthal writes some absolutely massive gothic stuff for this, blending it all with roaring Polish avant garde techniques yet finds room for a ravishing love theme in the midst of all the elemental chaos. As I have said before his music has a visceral feel to it and this score is no exception. I even like the Lara Fabian performed song (based on the love theme and orchestrated by Goldenthal).

This always bothered me more ;)

Karol

Slightly on topic with all of this, I was listening to some Wagner last night, and heard some Krull. ;)

Elliot Goldenthal - Batman & Robin (unreleased album)

I'm glad Goldenthal put this program together. I'm sad it wasn't able to be released. Fun music!

Love Poison Ivy's Dance Card, shame about the drawn-out ending though.

I've heard the complete score leak with bad sound quality. I didn't know there was an album edit out there.

Keep up with the times, man! It leaked last July

If you worship a classic RPG you can find it.

I've heard the complete score leak with bad sound quality. I didn't know there was an album edit out there.

It's delicious...and with hardly 50 minutes one of the rare cases of a legally dubious release that doesn't outstay its welcome.

Keep up with the times, man! It leaked last July

If you worship a classic RPG you can find it.

Uh not following. Role playing games?

Chad Seiter - Star Trek: The Game

Easily one of the best scores of 2013, hands down! Man do I wish this got an official release. I just listened to the tracks CS put on his soundcloud. All the gamerip edits I have have too much looping

Final Fantasy the Spirits Within by Elliot Goldenthal: I forgot how phenomenal this score is. Goldenthal writes some absolutely massive gothic stuff for this, blending it all with roaring Polish avant garde techniques yet finds room for a ravishing love theme in the midst of all the elemental chaos. As I have said before his music has a visceral feel to it and this score is no exception. I even like the Lara Fabian performed song (based on the love theme and orchestrated by Goldenthal).

Great score, great song.

Great score, great song.

It's about the only pop ballad based on film love theme that I can tolerate.

Judging from his work on The Tempest, Goldental is a very fine songsmith. And this one skill puts him above Williams, Horner or Goldsmith.

Karol

Great score, great song.

Judging from his work on The Tempest, Goldental is a very fine songsmith. And this one skill puts him above Williams, Horner or Goldsmith.

Karol

What no love for Alone In the World (from Russia House) or John Goldfarb Please Come, A Guide for the Married Man or In the Moonlight? ;)

Great score, great song.

Karol

Phenomenal score. And what a recording

Great score, great song.

The Long Goodbye is terrific.

Great score, great song.

Jack Sheldon version or bust!

As is CINDERELLA LIBERTY. As is the BALLAD OF CABLE HOGUE...Horner's more classical stuff, say LISTEN TO THE WIND, is also good. But you have to wallow through a lot of mud to find the pearls.

As is CINDERELLA LIBERTY. As is the BALLAD OF CABLE HOGUE...Horner's more classical stuff, say LISTEN TO THE WIND, is also good. But you have to wallow through a lot of mud to find the pearls.

As nice as Nice to Be Around is Paul Williams's shall we say unique crooning makes mince meat out of it and Wednesday Special. But his voice is inarguably fitting for the story.

Try the Rosemary Clooney version.

The later recorded versions are luckily great! :)

Wrapping up another listen of Broughton's incredible LOST IN SPACE.

I always have a double feeling. I'm ecstatic beyond words to have heard such masterful music, but at the same time I'm terribly sad the CD has ended.

I can now look forward to my next listen, which is likely due before the year's end. :D