Hlao-roo

• 2 months later...

Denis Villeneuve (Prisoners) will direct the sequel. Harrison Ford is returning in the main role, and production will commence summer 2016.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/414385-prisoners-helmer-denis-villeneuve-targets-blade-runner-sequel

We'll see if it starts filming by next year...

Hmmm.

1 Prisoners was really good, but Enemy was awful, so I approach Villenue's next film with cautious optimism.

2 If Deckard is canonically a replicant, how do they explain his aging?

3 This casting announcement makes me think Han Solo will die in Episode 7.

Ridley Scott: Harrison and I really get on rather well. I sent him the script and he said 'That's the best thing I've ever read.'

Didn't he say the same thing for Indy 4?

Think that was Spielberg on Darabont's script.

I don't think Harrison ever cared about the quality of an Indy 4 script, because he was just desperate to get any new Indy film made due to his languishing career.

Good choice but I'm still wary about this. Has there ever been a sequel/prequel/follow-up of some kind decades after the original that's actually worked?

That's actually an intriguing choice for director

I agree. In fact, my first reaction was one of sheer joy. Prisoners was one if not my favorite movie of 2013/14. It was certainly a great introduction for me to Alcon Entertainment (I knew they purchased the sequels rights to BR2). I hope that, for Blade Runner 2, Villeneuve will work with Roger Deakins again. Michael Green, who had to rewrite the script, still worries me.

Alex

You aren't good enough.

I'm too good actually, but I'll take on the responsibility nonetheless.

Zimmer and Vangelis have albums out? How about you?

Blade Runner 2 probably wont be very good. But to let an amateur score it?

Indeed! And Fassbender is already the android in Prometheus. Ridley Scott won't make him the android in all his franchises.

No, Jake will be the new blade runner/cop/detective and Bale the main replicant.

At the end of the movie they find old Deckard (played by Ford) who will once again provide some kind of twist to the story.