Hlao-roo

• 1 month later...

It would not surprise me in the slightest if Junkie XL scores Blade Runner 2.

I'll probably be bashed for saying this, but Zimmer would probably turn out a very effective score for this.

He would probably be the most obvious but also best choice. Alex would cry though.

Honestly, there's no reason why Vangelis couldn't score it. It would be no different than JW doing Star wars.

I agree that Vangelis is unlikely (but oh, how cool it would have been). I also don't think we'll find the sound we're looking for in Deneuve's previous collaborations. I love Johan Johansson, but I don't see him in this environment. The other composers he's worked with are totally unknown French.

It's probably just going to be Johansson again.

Not sure if he's cut out for this.

It's probably just going to be Johansson again.

Not sure if he's cut out for this.

Me neither. But PRISONERS is a spectacular score, so if he's able to conjure up some of the same gorgeous harmonies and textures -- perhaps add some electronics or two -- then I'm open to see that as well.

I never heard Prisoners on album, but I enjoyed the film. I'll check the score out once I get the chance.

Well, I predicted it would be Roger Deakins. He wanted to do it and he worked with Villeneuve before. Predicting the composer is a lot harder. Scott will probably suggest Hans Zimmer but I hope Denis Villeneuve has his own plans. If I was the director or the producer, I would ask Alexandre Desplat what he thinks about doing an 90% electronic score. I know Sakamoto has health problems but he's high on my list too. However, I fear they will talk to Vangelis first. Based on his output of the last two decades, I hope he declines.

Alexandre

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Roger Deakins talks Blade Runner, Villeneuve ...

"It’s an entirely separate movie that will stand by itself."

http://screencrush.com/roger-deakins-sicario-interview/

And especially for filmmusic, I'll post a bonus quote:

If I’m quite honest, I tend to watch older films cause I think most recent films are pretty crappy. Sorry.

Alex

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Blade-Runner-2-Take-Care-Original-Biggest-Mystery-82407.html

Denis Villeneuve - "The thing I must say is that I love mystery. I love shadows. I love doubts. I would just want to say to the fans that we will take care of that mystery. I will take care of it."

I hope this will mean that he will let it remain a mystery....