What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Mr. Breathmask

At first it reminded me of Gattaca, then it became all Nolan (Inception). Very story-ish and plot twist depending. Nice colors though. TGP and crocs should check it out!

I hated it.

I've never seen the Ewok movies, and if I did, I've forgotten then. It will stay that way.

They both came when I was 4/5 and were on from time to time shortly after their original TV broadcasts, from what I remember, then I never saw them again. I don't remember much about it, except for this thing.

NB3.jpg

Teek!

Feeling a strange urge to revisit Prometheus... if only for some of HGW's cues.

I saw it once and... you know. But why do I feel like I need to again?

I'm gonna try to pinpoint at what moment it all goes to hell. Because it starts pretty promisingly, yeah?

I don't think that's particularly promising but at least there's isn't any dialog yet. Prometheus isn't one of those movies where the first hour is pretty good before it all falls apart. It's consistently mediocre from A to Z.

You should have just posted the picture alone and your words would still have been spoken.

actually I didn't have any problem at all with the outfit.. :lol:

Outfit not campy?

You should have just posted the picture alone and your words would still have been spoken.

actually I didn't have any problem at all with the outfit.. :lol:

Outfit not campy?

well, I guess it is, but I don't have a problem with that aspect of campiness.

I had more of a problem with the story/script/acting..

No it isnt

Oooooooooooooookay!

well, I guess it is, but I don't have a problem with that aspect of campiness.

I had more of a problem with the story/script/acting..

Then you should have posted a pic about the script!

zardoz%20head_zpsnz9qyokc.jpeg

I don't think that's particularly promising but at least there's isn't any dialog yet. Prometheus isn't one of those movies where the first hour is pretty good before it all falls apart. It's consistently mediocre from A to Z.

Yeah. I'm not sure how to feel. I remember just being totally unaffected by it the first time. This time felt... yeah, mediocre I guess. Not at all awful. I think there are some really worthy elements. But still mediocre as an experience.

The Dark Knight

Interesting how The Joker claims to act according to the principles of chaos, but explains his methodology and intent every chance he gets. Isnt chaos borne out of not knowing why something is happening.

This impressive film does suffer from Nolan's desire to make sure everyone's motivations are all properly explained. Ledger is excellent as the Joker, but a lot of his dialogue is the usual Nolan exposition. He likes to explain to his audience exactly what they should feel. Even moreso then Spielberg, who at least does it in more visually interesting ways a lot of the time.

I wonder if the age of Nolan is slowly ending?

Ledger is excellent as the Joker, but a lot of his dialogue is the usual Nolan exposition. He likes to explain to his audience exactly what they should feel. Even moreso then Spielberg, who at least does it in more visually interesting ways a lot of the time.

No, because apparently a very large chunk of the audience translates this kind of exposition into 'deep'.

The Dark Knight

Interesting how The Joker claims to act according to the principles of chaos, but explains his methodology and intent every chance he gets. Isnt chaos borne out of not knowing why something is happening.

This impressive film does suffer from Nolan's desire to make sure everyone's motivations are all properly explained. Ledger is excellent as the Joker, but a lot of his dialogue is the usual Nolan exposition. He likes to explain to his audience exactly what they should feel. Even moreso then Spielberg, who at least does it in more visually interesting ways a lot of the time.

I never thought the Joker claimed to act according to chaos. He wants to create chaos... through his very methodical plans.

Nolan was educated as a literary guy and it shows. He needs to let someone else do the writing.

I have no qualms with his abilities as a director or to create something visually worthy. But he should rely on them more and less on his words. I don't think there's a deficiency in ability, but an imbalance in how it's applied.

Lincoln

A huge production and gorgeous to look at. Unfortunately, it is also very long and very, very tedious. There's an interesting conflict at the heart of the story, but it all results in a bunch of white dudes sitting around blathering on to each other for two and a half hours. They got an amazing cast to do this, but even they can't save this overly wordy snoozefest from boring me to sleep.

It's slow moving, but I never found it boring, Spielberg is too much of an artist for that.

The performance of Daniel Day-Lewis alone keeps me interested to make me want to revisit the film.

What an amazing actor, he doesn't do a lot of acting, but when he does, hold on to your hats !!!

It's slow moving, but I never found it boring, Spielberg is too much of an artist for that.

The performance of Daniel Day-Lewis alone keeps me interested to make me want to revisit the film.

What an amazing actor, he doesn't do a lot of acting, but when he does, hold on to your hats !!!

Recently saw In the Name of the father, and I was amazed too.

He doesn't do a lot of acting, but when he does, he does a lot of acting. :rimshot:

Return to Oz (1985)

I had seen this in my childhood and in fact it was the first Oz film I saw (I hadn't seen the Wizard of Oz), so it was even more mysterious to me.

Great 80s nostalgia and a very good film with great effects (especially the stop-motion for the nomes)

The Disney Bluray (a Disney club exclusive) thank heavens is not over-restored, and it's quite good!

Star Wars - "Despecialized"

After hearing about this for a couple of years, I was finally able to watch it. I had seen the YouTube video about how this was put together, which only fueled my desire to see it. The artisty, commitment, and love that went into remolding this back into "Star Wars" (no episode title!) is astounding. I applaud everyone who put so much time and energy into this project to approximate the original theatrical experience.

It looks utterly fantastic. I was giddy watching this movie without all of the distractions. As someone who grew up with the original trilogy very much a part of his childhood, I couldn't help but smile from ear to ear during most of its duration. Wonderful experience!

I'm gonna get slammed by saying this, but I just can't stomach how slowly the X-wingw and TIE fighters move in many of the shots in the final battle. It's one of the great improvements of the special editions, IMHO

I'm gonna get slammed by saying this, but I just can't stomach how slowly the X-wingw and TIE fighters move in many of the shots in the final battle. It's one of the great improvements of the special editions, IMHO

What I can't wrap my head around is how athletic Ani and Obi-Wan move while fighting on Mustafar, yet a generation later on the Death Star, they move so methodically and slowly.

I think George Lucas made a mistake by including the practice footage of Dave Prowse and Alec Guinness sparring with staves like they didn't want to get hurt in the final movie, instead of the actual lightsaber fighting they should have been able to accomplish.

One of the semi frustrating things about the Special Editions is that not all the changes are bad ones. The Final Battle cgi is indeed an improvement over the antiquated original.