What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Mr. Breathmask

Maybe that's a good strategy: watch shitty movies, then the Star Wars movies, to enjoy them more!

Easily done by watching all six SW movies in chronological (movie time) order.

Maybe that's a good strategy: watch shitty movies, then the Star Wars movies, to enjoy them more!

Easily done by watching all six SW movies in chronological (movie time) order.

Yeah, but with bollemanneke, you never know. He may end up loving the Prequels!

I saw that The Last Samurai was coming on TV later and decided to watch it elsewhere without commercials. It's an enjoyable film, rather poignant at times. I'm sure most people disliked it.

I saw that The Last Samurai was coming on TV later and decided to watch it elsewhere without commercials. It's an enjoyable film, rather poignant at times. I'm sure most people disliked it.

What is there to dislike about The Last Samurai?

The last movie I saw in theatres was Spectre with my dad. We both liked it a lot but I was a little frustrated with the ending. Without going into detail I feel like that theme is becoming routine in the Craig era. Just be Bond already!

I dunno. People always seem to find reasons to dislike things.

I dunno. People always seem to find reasons to dislike things.

Zwick's last good movie. I know some people hated the "White Savior" aspect of it, but I never felt that was the main focus or in any way intrusive to the story. I really liked the film when I saw it in the theater and caught it one other time since then and enjoyed it about the same.

I hated that film. I hardly remember it but there's something annoying with the way it speaks to the audience. I also didn't believe what I was seeing or what it was showing. I hated Zwick's Blood Diamond too for similar reasons.

I saw 40 minutes of Jaws 2 yesterday before I gave up. I didn't like it then and it certainly didn't get better over the years. Williams' score is old-fashionedly overdone, dating the film probably the most.

jaws-2-orca_zpsktjukw7m.jpg

The only scene in those 40 minutes that sorta got my attention. Real or FX?

Dick Tracy

One of my favourite films. Really unique.

Great music, photography, songs, make-up, lighting, colors, matte-paintings!

And I love Pacino's performance, although from what I understand it's from that moment on that every performance of his became a caricature?

220px-Dick_tracy1.jpg

(fortunately it has got away from being sequeled, prequeled, remade, rebooted etc. and I hope it stays that way)

Dick Tracy

And I love Pacino's performance, although from what I understand it's from that moment on that every performance of his became a caricature?

I think it's obvious that's they wanted Pacino to be their equivalent of Jack Nicholson as The Joker. But whereas Nicholson being over the top and insane was ridiculously entertaining, Pacino was just annoying. All he does is yell.

I saw 40 minutes of Jaws 2 yesterday before I gave up.

But you missed out on this practical sfx classic:

Jaws-2-9.jpg

That's a great shot!

Dick Tracy

I think it's obvious that's they wanted Pacino to be their equivalent of Jack Nicholson as The Joker. But whereas Nicholson being over the top and insane was ridiculously entertaining, Pacino was just annoying. All he does is yell.

Thats all Pacino has been doing since Scarface!

I have never seen Jaws 2.

I would be surprised if you can stand it longer than I did. It's weird because is has the same island, shark, Brody and film composer. The only thing missing is Spielberg.

Alex

I have never seen Jaws 2.

I used to claim this was my favorite. The method of killing the shark at the end was pretty cool. Then I grew up and I only own the first on physical media.