What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Mr. Breathmask

V For Vendetta is on tv. I haven't seen this film many times. It's actually rather good isn't it? A tad heavy-handed but good. The whole Valerie scene is very moving.

For its content matter, it seemed rather childish, to be honest. Felt like it was catered too much to teens.

Hugo Weaving was great though.

My favourite thing about it is how many anti-capitalist protestors now use the Guy Fawkes mask to cover their faces during marches, rallies etc ... it's been a licenced trademark of Warner Bros since the movie, so in buying the mask they're increasing the profits of a massive global corporation.

Watched Oz, The Great And Powerful last night. James Franco was good as Oscar Digs. Mila Kunis as Theodora was truly terrible. She overacted her part so much it made me cringe. It seemed as though Michelle Williams could have been so much more if the script had allowed her to be interesting. The score was interesting and had some excellent (romantic) cues, but I felt that Elfman was focussing too much on the 'oh my God, what a strange world!' aspect. Funny supporting cast too.

Ha, guess I'm a year late...I've never paid attention to that poster/wallpaper until you've posted it now, and I can't quite work out what it's supposed to represent.

So the rocket's in the ground, right?

Ha, guess I'm a year late...I've never paid attention to that poster/wallpaper until you've posted it now, and I can't quite work out what it's supposed to represent.

It's a sky vagina.

xTiTnuAXTQ5RTqkiZi.gif

I wish this never started...

JdzSgiE.jpg

Barry Lyndon - Stanley Kubrick (1975)

Love it: the story, the superb cinematography, the classical/traditional music used to great effect, the slow pace... Quality film!

9/10

Stealth impress Cremers post ;)

JdzSgiE.jpg

Barry Lyndon - Stanley Kubrick (1975)

Love it: the story, the superb cinematography, the classical/traditional music used to great effect, the slow pace... Quality film!

9/10

My favorite Kubrick

There's a documentary about Superman Lives on TV right now. I don't have time to watch it, but it seems interesting. They even got Tim Burton interviewed and it's like he's comically imitating himself. It's ridiculous. Is this any good?

Okay, so I actually watched it. A bit too long, lacked focus, but it was interesting. I couldn't really follow what was going on a lot of the time. It didn't really give us an idea of what the movie was really going to be like. Just designs for things and conflicting ideas. There's some neat ILM test footage, the concept of a giant floating skull ship and Cage joking around as Clark Kent. Yet, I have no clue really what we missed out on here.