What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Mr. Breathmask

2 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Underworld!

Two trashy horror-action franchises, both driven by husband/wife director/star duos (at least until Beckinsale got a divorce last year).  Weird coincidence

Catwoman. Okay, uh, what was that? I'd have liked it if the company had accidentally turned her into Catwoman with one of their products, but this... Senseless action, stupid plot twists (cats reviving humans, for God's sake...)... I just kept watching because it's too late to start watching anything else. This was really ridiculous. Sharon Stone's husband has the worst fake British accent I've ever heard. Pff, waste of time.

Catch me if you can. I had already watched this one years ago, but hardly remembered any of it. Nice film, but at times a little disjointed and too fast-paced. The only really problematic aspect was the parents: I just don't really understand the character of his dad and particularly his mum, and I certainly don't get why Brenda's father apparently thinks it's totally cool that his girl marries a shady character when that girl was banished from the house for years. Then Tom Hanks briefly mentions Frank's dad is dead, his mum just has another child without telling him anything about it... That's just strange. The score is great. I just love that 'Joy Ride' theme so much.

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

I was disappointed by this. You'd expect something a lot cheekier, but it's not really. Rather it's just the usual old P&J yarn with zombies shoehorned in at convenient moments. They have no consequence to the story at all. Completely fake movie.

Saw a bunch of films at the white river festival today.

Anyway...

Girl Flu - 7.5 / 10
To Keep The Light - 8 / 10
It's Criminal - 7.5 / 10
Wild (2016) - 7.5 / 10

Apollo 13. I think I saw it when I was very young but watched it last night. It's definitely a "not-Spielberg" film but it's not a bad way to spend a Saturday evening when there's nothing good on in the cinema. 

Pity the score never got a proper release. I maybe wrong but I don't think I heard the danger motif much if at all!

6 hours ago, Bilbo Skywalker said:

Pity the score never got a proper release. I maybe wrong but I don't think I heard the danger motif much if at all!

I also liked the McNeely re-recording of the launch cue, it sounded different

My Neighbor Totoro

Watched with my 3 year old for the first time, it being the best "first Miyazaki film" and most suited for toddlers.

What a movie.  In its own unique way, it's as emotionally resonant as Grave of the Fireflies (which I am always astounded to remember it was released on a double bill with).  Observing my daughter delight in watching Satsuke and Mei play and explore together was very special.  She was really scared of Totoro but loved Catbus of course.

Totoro has this BIG, scary roar that she doesn't like.  Every time he was on screen she'd find an excuse to try to leave the room ("I'm hungry", "I need to go potty", etc.)  It was pretty cute.

She already loves cats, so catbus was just in her wheelhouse.

Cary Fukunaga is a really promising director. Beasts of No Nation was quite good too. Looking forward to seeing more from him.

2 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Cremers asked that because KK loves everything coming from his country: Villeneuve, Evangeline Lilly, Justin Bieber...

You left out Howard Shore, but managed to sneak in Bieber?? 

And Lily is Canadian? Damn you BloodBoal!!

Never seen it. Is it any good?

1 minute ago, Stefancos said:

Does he love Shatner?

I admire him. But haven't seen any Star Trek.

6 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

Jane Eyre

MV5BNjU0Mjc0NzU3NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTU4

Quality all around and yet somehow I wasn't that much into it. 6/10

Very good performances, cinematography and score. It's probably my favorite Jane Eyre adaptation so far

It will be Fukunaga and Spielberg's Napoleon, not Kubrick's. With other words, it's going to be just another HBO miniseries.

Wind Chill

Eh it was okay as a... chiller. Emily Blunt was alright, but I didn't see the point of the baddie spook's background. Was a bit of an I Don't Care movie. Would have been more interesting if the dubious bloke she was hitching a ride with paid off with something better.

Just now, bollemanneke said:

Fracture. Pretty great! Excellent story, effective though unmemorable score.

Is that the Anthony Hopkins-Ryan Gosling movie?  It's a terribly generic title.  I enjoy a good legal thriller, though, maybe I'll check it out.