La-La Land Records' HOOK (2CD Expanded) Anticipation thread

Jay

I got mine in about 7 or 8 business days (very fast delivery to Finland by any standards) and I ordered from Screen Archives Entertainment. Which makes me feel pretty lucky since some people who ordered from there had to wait a long time to get theirs.

I see... just out of curiosity, why order from SAE and not LLL? is there a difference? :)

Well I don't have a Paypal account and find LLL's credit card order form troublesome so I ordered from my regular store SAE.

Finally ordered my Hook CD today - had two wait a while to have enough money to make the purchase (things got really expensive in the last month). But, it's ordered. Woot!

It has arrived! About hooking time!

(It is the one MV has sent me last week, though. The first is now lost, I guess).

Karol

:lol:

Wow. Finally!

It's a bad album anyways. I have heard there are some sound issues.

Your second statement contradicts your first one. With you saying that, you obviously have not heard it. The only sound issues are in "Banning Back Home (Film Version)" and the previously Ultimate War pieces.

It does suck they could not find the proper elements for the previously unreleased Ultimate War pieces. However, the set itself is good on its own.

Trent, hornist wasn't being serious. He just didn't use emoticons, the wily devil.

Trent, hornist wasn't being serious. He just didn't use emoticons, the wily devil.

Hmm, okay. In this day in age if someone isn't being serious and doesn't use an emoticon then it's hard to tell if that person is joking or not.

Finally got it in the mail today! WOOT!

Althought, I can tell I'll be burning this to iTunes and making a playlist with it - pretty much what I had to do with the Indiana Jones re-releases when they came out. No worries, though.

• 3 weeks later...

Got my shipping notice as well, but based on previous LLL orders, shipping to Germany will take 4 - 6 weeks...

Really? That's long. I've never had to wait that long. It's rediculous.

As a little (non-)update to this:

Ordered on the 27th of March and it still hasn't arrived... that's like 10 weeks for now?

Ordered on the 27th of March and it still hasn't arrived... that's like 10 weeks for now?

Possibly got eaten up at customs. I'd recommend contacting MV and see what he can do. Most likely can send a replacement ...maybe even ask if he can send it via FedEx with a signature or something in that regards.

Yeah, I did contact MV about it. Basically that's why I can't be mad at LLL about anything, since that guy is so incredibly awesome. He told me he'll send me a replacement ASAP via express. And that's why, after all the troubles I've had with orders from LLL (missing items, wrong items, lost orders, broken cases), I keep ordering from them again and again.

What makes this even more incredible is that MV answers all support questions himself... OR he told all the support people to sign their responses with "MV" :D

I can't find the film version of The Never-Feast.

I'm a bit late but better late than never. That's because cues on the OST, including how they were edited were retained on the LLL set, with the exception of the end for "Flight To Neverland".

I can't find the film version of The Never-Feast.

I'm a bit late but better late than never. That's because cues on the OST, including how they were edited were retained on the LLL set, with the exception of the end for "Flight To Neverland".

Jokes. They are a hard Idea.

What the fuck is it with people jumping on me lately about not getting the humor on this forum? It's really starting to get highly annoying.

We jump on everyone for it - you're the one not seeing the funny side of failing to see a joke.

So, there are still people who haven't received this set yet? That sucks. My last Intrada order came in record time actually (less than a week I think), so it really seems to have some luck in it.

We jump on everyone for it - you're the one not seeing the funny side of failing to see a joke.

Every once in a while is fine but lately it's been happening a lot more, especially to me and it's really getting fucking annoying.

You do kinda give off the impression of someone who takes themselves too seriously... but it's internet, all sorts of stuff gets lost in translation. I dunno.

I hope that doesn't come off as rude or insulting, it's just my observation.

I don't take myself too seriously here on the internet. Whenever someone doesn't use an emoticon these days to show they're joking or whatever it's really hard to tell and that's what irritates the fuck out of me because then I get blasted for not having a sense of humor.

This is basically the main reason why I haven't been posting on this board too much is because of this shit.

Excessive emoticons on obvious jokes are rather annoying. And to tell the truth, most of your complaints lately have been about jokes which, it seems to me, were quite obvious.

• 3 years later...

This is mostly for posterity but for those looking through old threads on this score, if you are looking for the 2012 Tim Burden Movie Magic Hook Special in which he talks with the boys at LaLa Land and John Takis that was posted earlier in this thread, the link, unfortunately, no longer works. That said I took a look through Tim's Soundcloud Archive and luckily he still has it there so here is the updated link for anyone interested.

https://soundcloud.com/timburden/movie-magic-hook-special