X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014 film directed by Bryan Singer)

Matt C

They did re-use the same footage for the opening of First Class. Compare the two side by side. The person they chose in First Class to play young Eric did look like the original but obviously he wasn't.

They did re-use the same footage for the opening of First Class. Compare the two side by side. The person they chose in First Class to play young Eric did look like the original but obviously he wasn't.

It was a combination of both. The first 1-2 minutes of that scene (at least) are reused from X-Men, even reprising Kamen's cue for that scene.

The phrase was originally "I have faith in Singer"

And said several times on the MB by Neil S. Bulk, before the release of Superman Returns, a film which he later hated.

I have no faith in Singer, the X-Men films should have been a warning sign as to how bad SR would be.

The phrase was originally "I have faith in Singer"

And said several times on the MB by Neil S. Bulk, before the release of Superman Returns, a film which he later hated.

I have no faith in Singer, the X-Men films should have been a warning sign as to how bad SR would be.

I call bs Mark.

You can BS all you want.

They dull and bland.

no they are not. X-2 is one of the best comic book films.

You can BS all you want.

They dull and bland.

no they are not. X-2 is one of the best comic book films.

Wow, Joey and Olivarez don't agree! Is that a first? Is this what the Maya predicted?

Alex - who has seen Valkyrie and therefore has no faith in Singer

Glad I'm not the only one that thought the franchise was never good. Never understood the appeal from the beginning. It went from eh to alright to good lord this is bad to what the fuck how did this get made?

Remember that these films were made before they "cracked" the code for the modern superhero movie. That's why they wanted to keep it as... mundane as possible. And, besides, none of those would have been made if not for X-Men movies.

Karol

How are they worse than Captain America and The Incredible Hulk?

I never said those were good movies either, but then again the latter never got any high praise when it came out. Don't think anyone remembers it.

I think quite a few people liked Captain America. I'm not a fan of superhero movies in general, they typically bore me.

That's a pretty good film actually.

Easily of Marvel's best. Is it different than the average Marvel film? It most definitely is. It's deep and dark.

That's a pretty good film actually.

no it's not. It's horrible. Ang Lee didn't know what the hell he was doing. it's also harmed, and all the films involving Hulk, by the effects. Even in Avengers the Hulk is a bad special effect.

I thought he was well done in The Avengers.

it was the best he's ever been represented but he still looked fake.

of course his color palette is partly to blame.

Chaac's description proves why it fails.

I thought he was well done in The Avengers.

it was the best he's ever been represented but he still looked fake.

There's a difference between a good special effect and it looking fake. If we had to guide ourselves by something looking fake, many special effects you like would have to be put down.

of course his color palette is partly to blame.

I don't see why. If he wasn't green, he would be harder to pull off.

Chaac's description proves why it fails.

?

the detail of the model is amazing

says it all right there Chaac, model, not hulk, not character.

There is a big difference between model and character. By using model you are seeing it from a purely technical point of view and therefore the special effects department failed in making you believe the Hulk as a character existing in the film's universe.

Joey is from Arkansas but I don't think he lives there anymore.

I still live here. I've lived in several states.

Koray gets it.

Special effects do not have to always be perfect to give the illusion. If they can give the essence of the character or the creature despite the technology limitations or budget limitation then they can succeed.

Look at the original King Kong, the stop motion effects can be said to look fake but they are completely believable. I never think of the effects as models, I think in terms of creature or character. I never think that a model puppet just broke the jaw of another model puppet. I think holy crap Kong just broke the jaw of the T-rex and then jiggled it to make sure it was dead.

There is a big difference between model and character. By using model you are seeing it from a purely technical point of view and therefore the special effects department failed in making you believe the Hulk as a character existing in the film's universe.

But I do see the Hulk as a character existing in the film's universe. I just thought that "I was surprised by how natural some his shots and reactions looked to me and it made me look at it as a being with thoughts and I love his wicked smile and his apparent joy in destroying things" was a weak argument.

Special effects do not have to always be perfect to give the illusion. If they can give the essence of the character or the creature despite the technology limitations or budget limitation then they can succeed.

Which I think happened wonderfully with the Hulk!

Really? You have a flying god, a super man, and another man who flies around in a red suit of armor all fighting giant transformers, but you can't accept a hulking green ogre because he looks wrong?

nope. the others are easily represented on screen as realistic looking. Hensworth, Evan, and Downey give very good performances without having special effects. Ruffalo does a good job as Banner, and it's clever that the effects somewhat look like him but as I said effect. there my sense of disbelief is shattered, bully for you if yours survives.

the only thing memorable to me from the Lee Hulk film is that poor Nick Nolte was still in costume when he got busted for drunk driving and had that horrible mug shot. Of course most didn't know he was still in his film costume.

The desert action scene knocked my socks off when I saw it, in the same way Superman's plane rescue did a couple of years later in fact.

There's a pair of mindblowing shots with the Hulk running instead of jumping around and the moment when he spits the head of a missible aganist a helicopter is memorable.

any ways this new film really interests me. I really enjoyed First Class. Magneto is one anti hero hero I can enjoy.