4th Annual Fans of Film Music gathering in Los Angeles - October 18-21, 2013!

Jay

Hi folks!

This Columbus Day, Monday October 14th, my girlfriend Marcy and I will be flying to San Diego to spend a week with my cousin who lives there.

Then on Friday October 18th, we're going to Los Angels and attending the various events set up by Peter Hackman for the 4th Annual Fans of Film Music Festival!

FFM4%20Banner%20Weekend_CS2_BlueNames9.j

http://www.fansoffilmmusic.com

So we should be in the LA area from October 18th till we return home on Monday October 21st!

Is anybody else here attending the Fans of Film Music festival? Some information about this year's events are posted by Peter here:

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=92610&forumID=1&archive=0

From what I can gather, there is a dinner at Christopher Young's house on Friday the 18th, an optional concert in San Pedro on Saturday the 19th, and then a discussion panel with many composers in attendance led by Dan Schweiger and Robert Kraft on Sunday the 20th.

Will I be seeing any JWFanners at this event?

Any JWFanners in San Diego or LA that want to meet up for a drink?

I'd like to get a tentative list of composers who're attending this year. Seems like Christopher Young will be back (hence that dinner party at his house), and maybe Alan Silvestri?

I live in LA county (right next to San Pedro). I didn't even know about the film music thing, but I'll go to it.

While you're here, we can stalk John Williams during his evening walk on the golf course near his house.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

In 13 days I will be landing in San Diego!

In 17 days I will be in LA for a weekend of film-score related fun!!!

I will be meeting one Neil. S. Bulk in person for the first time. If anybody has any messages they'd like me to pass along, let me know!

Friday night October 18th there is a dinner party at Christopher Young's house where I will meet many FSMers. Is anybody from here going to that?

Saturday is still being decided upon, we have many options, one of which is a Varese-run film music concert in San Pedro. Is anybody from here going to that?

Finally on Sunday there is a huge film music discussion panel with many composers in attendance at the Beverly Garland hotel. Is anybody going to that?

There is more info about all the events in the main post.

I can't wait!

It was such a great time when I attended this last year. For obvious reasons, it's not something I can partake in every year (as I live on the other side of Planet Earth), but I'm sure you'll have a blast, Jason! Say hello to Peter from me.

• 3 weeks later...

Have a great time Jason! Bring back reports and impressions! And as Karol said you have the duty to represent JWFan with honour! :)

Got lots of great pictures of the La-la Land office today and all of us together but can't post them until we get home cause they are on the real camera and not my phone.

I met MV and Matt from LLL, Neil Bulk, Mike Matessino, Joe Kraemer, Mike Joffey, Katherine (not sure what her FSM name is), and even kind of sort of met Ford A Thaxton!

Everybody was super nice and the LLL office is awesome, full of collectibles and signed paraphernalia.

Relaxing a bit now before heading to Christopher Young's house!

Relaxing a bit now before heading to Christopher Young's house!

Wow! It's fantastic that he actually invites fans to his house like that. But he is a cool guy from all that I have heard of him. :)

He invites fans to his house, but they are never seen again!

*cue the music from Drag Me to Hell*

Last night I met Koray's brother Kaya, Dan Schweiger, Peter Hackman, and Christopher Young, who signed my Man Who Knew Too Little and Drag Me To Hell CDs, and also told me stories about Bill Murray and John Williams.

Just been reading the thread a bit. Cool for you Jason! But how on earth did you come to be invited to Christopher Young's home? Was this for anything in particular, formal business I mean, or is it just because you're very active in the score community beyond what we see of you here?

Just been reading the thread a bit. Cool for you Jason! But how on earth did you come to be invited to Christopher Young's home? Was this for anything in particular, formal business I mean, or is it just because you're very active in the score community beyond what we see of you here?

It's because of Peter Hackman's annual Fans Of Film Music gathering. Young is an active participant and invited some of the attendees over for dinner.