Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

crocodile

I heard that one was too much added and so detrimental to the experience. I only own the Director's. I know you're not really a fan of the film, so is it more a case of you preferring the Ultimate simply because it has moar stuff from the comics in it?

But yeah, are we saying a longer cut could genuinely improve BvS? 

3 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

When is it available? It's time we learn the truth about this.

On 6/3/2016 at 7:37 AM, Jay said:

Hey here's a trailer for the extended cut

Comes out in just 3 weeks!

6 hours ago, Lonnegan said:

I heard that one was too much added and so detrimental to the experience. I only own the Director's. I know you're not really a fan of the film, so is it more a case of you preferring the Ultimate simply because it has moar stuff from the comics in it?

But yeah, are we saying a longer cut could genuinely improve BvS? 

Mmm... I can't imagine how.

And yeah, it is because of some stuff from the comic book. But the only real thing added is that animated comic book story that this kid reads that sort of mirrors the big story.

Karol

So. that extended cut. (yes, it "leaked" officially onto CinemaNow and Flixster yesterday. got to stream it in its full HD glory with an SD copy saved too, now that WB have taken it all down)

It's pretty damn great. The TC was a 6-7/10 for me, this is 8-9/10 now. Not necessarily a different film but a far, far more complete and much improved film. More than a few plot and characterisation issues filled in, subplots given their full due, everything has so much more room to breathe..... Apart from the action sequences, and the third act minus epilogue, everything is expanded or changed or in some cases re-ordered. Oh WB why, why why....

Longer review: http://letterboxd.com/antovolk/film/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice/2/

There is a little bit of new music as well. Mostly it's expansions of existing cues, a notable, for me, new motif is an investigation-type theme introduced in the middle stretch of the film.

For me it's the worst big budget movie since Trans 2

No I say it because it is so incompetent and joyless.

At least Batman kicked some serious Super ass in that scene. He even smashed him over the head with a sink! And they did follow it up with a Bat killing spree, including Batman picking guys off with miniguns in the Batwing like in the '89 movie and even stabbing a guy with his own knife. What a fucking legend.

6 hours ago, Shatner's Rug said:

I got so restless wondering when the actual Batman v Supermaning stuff would happen, and when it finally did happen, it lasted for ten fucking minutes! What kind of scam was this movie?

umm because the conflict isn't just a physical confrontation? (hence the 'v' not vs.)

On June 16, 2016 at 4:11 AM, antovolk said:

umm because the conflict isn't just a physical confrontation? (hence the 'v' not vs.)

V and Vs. are both abbreviations for versus and mean the same thing. 

However, "v." has an extremely long history (centuries) in England and US of being associated with law.  I suppose it's appropriate enough given these two characters are essentially trying to conquer each other with their ideals.

WB has put the first 10 minutes of the UE cut online

Anybody here watch the whole thing yet?

I mean, you've got to admit. Affleck looks awesome as Bruce Wayne. His Batman suit...I don't know. The short ears annoy the hell out of me. But he brutally murders so many guys and smashes Superman with a sink, I can't help but like him.

On 6/29/2016 at 9:40 PM, Jay said:

WB has put the first 10 minutes of the UE cut online

Anybody here watch the whole thing yet?

I did a couple weeks ago, review further up the page.

Worth sharing here maybe - here's a Zimmer/Junkie-tastic trailer I made for it:

On 30 juni 2016 at 2:00 AM, Nick Tatopoulos's Beret said:

I mean, you've got to admit. Affleck looks awesome as Bruce Wayne. His Batman suit...I don't know. The short ears annoy the hell out of me. But he brutally murders so many guys and smashes Superman with a sink, I can't help but like him.

The short ears are awesome!

Here's the thing about that. Bale's Bruce Wayne/Batman still killed people in Batman Begins. The Nolanites excuse this for whatever reason. Maybe because his rules hadn't been established yet? He was just beginning? But that doesn't make sense when you think about it. He refused to kill that guy at the end of his training. Of course, he immediately blew the place up and killed everyone anyway. What? He was Batman when he allowed Ra's to die, It's not really justifiable. He finds a way to kill him without pulling the trigger, which is kind of fucked up and makes Bale's Bat uncharacteristically sinister in that moment. He cheats the "no killing" rule. He isn't like that ever again. He should have saved him. He couldn't save himself.

7 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

I really dont understand why batman has this thing of no killing anyone.

This. I mean, why should Batman not kill people? Honestly, murder should have been made legal years ago IMO. 

A Batman that kills would pretty much only defeat the Joker, Two Face,Scarecrow and what not once and be done with it. He would simply kill them straight away.

I much prefer the version where he doesn't kill. Makes him coherent with his mission and the tragedy that spawned him

1 hour ago, Romão said:

A Batman that kills would pretty much only defeat the Joker, Two Face,Scarecrow and what not once and be done with it. He would simply kill them straight away.

I much prefer the version where he doesn't kill. Makes him coherent with his mission and the tragedy that spawned him

This. Batman is a much more developed character, his moral laws are what make him interesting, particularly with The Joker.

I don't mind superheroes killing, but I'd rather watch The Shadow instead of Batman for that.