Star Wars ORIGINAL UNALTERED trilogy possibility(?) in HD!

filmmusic

Yea, it's ridiculously impressive. Disney should hire him to oversee new remasters of the out.

Holy shit, that's incredible. It just shows how possible all of this really is, and if a bunch of fans can make this work on their own time, with their own equipment, think what could Disney should be able to accomplish.

I've never seen, or heard about, these versions. Glad to know they're out there.

Just watched the video above. Amazing, truly dedicated fandom.

I dont own the official blu release but I can't believe how awful the image is. The grading work is criminal.

And dat CG Jabba. Holy shit my games console has better graphics.

I would have left the cell bay shoot-out tunnel from the Blu-ray

is it that a sacrilege to make a change like that?

in a way, yes.

I'm fine with the Special Editions, but the original should be preserved.

It's a matter of respecting history.

What they need to do are Super Special Editions, and fix the outdated 1997 CGI

I saw the original Star Wars in theater so I'm an original fan. I don;t mind the Special Editions and the "old" version of Star Wars looks pretty crappy in terms of special effets

I thought they should update the effects BEFORE George Lucas though of it. But they should have stuck to visual effects only, not add scenes or change dialogue lines

If Lucas had only fixed vaseline lens blurs, fake tunnel backgrounds and things like that...i dont think we would have these 'conversations' now.

But he did really make some bewildering choices...

Why stop at Star Wars? They should fix all the crappy effects in all the Star Trek movies, Krull, Tron, Moonraker, and all the suitmation in the old Godzilla movies should be replaced with CGI.

First the SW vs. LotR thread, now the old SW special editions discussion. Nostalgia seems to hit JWfan hard these days.

Now we need another "has Johnny lost it?" poll.

I don't see how that's a good change. The original asteroid scene is perfect as-is. I noticed some extra crap moving around in space that made no positive impact and the explosion of the TIE Fighters in the cavern is actually better in the original, in my opinion.

Why stop at Star Wars? They should fix all the crappy effects in all the Star Trek movies, Krull, Tron, Moonraker, and all the suitmation in the old Godzilla movies should be replaced with CGI.

Yes exactly!

Replace the shark at Jaws, replace all the "crappy" Harryhausen effects with CGI, the Terminator in the first film which really looks bad in some shots, the gorillas in 2001 which aren't very convincing etc. etc..

Also I think all the instruments in classical music, should be replaced with synth ones to make the classical pieces more modern, and toss forever the classical recordings. What do you say? Good idea? :)

As an isolated trilogy, the OT should be left as it is. (i still think bloopers and visual errors could be fixed)

But as a part of an ongoing saga... with prequels (Star trek was chronologically made so the evolution in the sfx is natural and does not need t be fixed), they could be updated, as long as the original films are preserved.

Same situation with the Hobbit and LOTR. The prequel is technologically more advanced, and now inconsistent sfx are in the series. Gollum evolved in LOTR so ok, FOTR's was not needed to change. But now, AUJ's is better than ROTK's...

If Lucas had made episodes VII-IX after the OT (and never made the prequels) I would not be vouching for any OT fixing.

Like I dont do for the indy films after KOTCS was released, or the Jurassic Park films.

Ian Mcdiarmid should remain in TESB.

But with the original Dialog, and better lighting and makeup.

And the used universe version of the Massasi temple from ANH

Ian Mcdiarmid should remain in TESB and the touching up of the composite work should stay too.

I repeat:

We already have 12376 versions of Star Wars trilogy!

The only ones missing are the ORIGINALS!

No alteration/change/correction whatsoever!

Lol the binning of "bring my shuttle" and the following intercutting shots of Vader as he returns to his ship has to be the most pointless thing in the history of the world.

I don't see how that's a good change. The original asteroid scene is perfect as-is. I noticed some extra crap moving around in space that made no positive impact and the explosion of the TIE Fighters in the cavern is actually better in the original, in my opinion.

http://swrevisited.wordpress.com/2013/11/17/canyon-walls/

BTW Harmy has also done a version of the 97 SE.

The great thing about Adywan is that he is doing his Revisited versions, but also does a restored version as well, so you get your choice. I think he's taking it too far at this point, and will never finish the first six films like he's planned, but his redoing on A New Hope is massively better than anything Lucas was able to accomplish with professional effects artists and a huge budget.

I don't mind the changes to the films as long as you keep the original versions available and in great condition. That BLADE RUNNER blu-ray had FOUR different cuts and a workprint! Spielberg also released all versions CLOSE ENCOUNTERS and E.T. on blu. There is no reason for Lucas/Disney/Whoever not to do something like this. Sell it as "The Ultimate Edition" where you have four cuts (Theatrical 1977, SE 1997, DVD 2004, Blu 2011). That shit will sell out like crazy.

Spielberg also released all versions CLOSE ENCOUNTERS and E.T. on blu.

E.T. Special edition isn't on Bluray.

But I don't mind since I prefer the original.

I'm just keeping that version in my DVD for arhival purposes, but I will never gonna watch it again.

I assumed, only because I remember the DVD having both editions. Nice to hear he's distancing himself from the 2002 version. I remember RAIDERS had this alteration.

And the funny thing was that it was the only change that was ever made of all the three films, and it was only televised in 2008, never to be seen in the later blu-ray release.