Noah

Lewya

Start with track 2, then.

Expect all the animals and christians eagerly gathering at their local Virgin to pick up the soundtrack album next week.

"Virgin"?! where have you been, Pub? Virgin stores don't exist, anymore. Where I live, it's HMV, or nothing!

Expect all the animals and christians eagerly gathering at their local Virgin to pick up the soundtrack album next week.

I see what you did there.

Karol

And thus it  arrived:

After a quick listen i say the song by Mansell and Patti Smith is the best cue, the score proper is a mixture of world music inflections, very dense soundscapes running underneath (mostly RCP/thick low electronically juiced-up celli) and simple melodic constructs a propos modern blockbuster sounds. Though Mansell obviously has a musical journey in mind (listen to the last minute of "Make Thee an Ark") too many cues sound the same, starting small and building into a monochrome wall of sound that only is occasionally broken by more solistic ideas.I hesitate to call it 'lackluster' but terribly distinctive it's not. After last years STOKER, Mansell confirms the old adage that it's awfully hard to produce memorable music in the blockbuster realm.

I rather like 'And He Remembered Noah'. I'm sure there some other good tracks if this is seen as a concept album. I find it hard to imagine this as anything but wallpaper in the film.

But.... enough with these stupid poetic track titles!

They really don't do much for me, and I have tried. Just something missing in all of it for me.

Some of the music of Moon reminded of a Clint Eastwood score. I remember being slightly annoyed by the sentimental piano.

I've not heard the whole thing yet, but it wasn't that bad. Not good, either. A disappointment, sure, but not A terrible tragedy. I'm sure it'll serve the film well. He's got more imagination than many other mpdern composers.

Karol

I don't know if anyone here has seen the movie, but I have not read ANY SINGLE positive comment in my "facebook friends' comments" about this movie!

Also i hear they say about people laughing, chattering at the theater etc..

And what is this about some Transformers-like creatures? :eek:

I think it might be simply the case of film being mis-advertised and stuff. It's Aronofsky doing a big film after all. It was never to please regular crowd.

I might be wrong. Reviews are quite strong so far, though.

Karol

It should be a hard sell in the US, where a lot of people traditionally take all this bible stuff dead serious. In fact, i hope Aronofsky isn't sniped or something... :ph34r:

c3LAAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

I think people had been salivating over the cinematic possibilities of Genesis 6:1-4 and came away disappointed that the film doesn't feature angels getting it on with Jennifer Connelly and Emma Watson.

The song is a wonderful lament, better than anything else one the album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqKB5I3d9aE

Hmm.. this is actually good.

It could be nominated for an Oscar.

If you've ever wondered what bleeding out feels like then look no further than this song.

The song is a wonderful lament, better than anything else one the album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqKB5I3d9aE

Hmm.. this is actually good.

It could be nominated for an Oscar.

If you've ever wondered what bleeding out feels like then look no further than this song.

Lol, now I have to hear this.

I saw it.

It was almost like a LotR movie so it was pretty good. Emma was also good, she nailed the films few emotional moments, and she had more scenes than I thought

I heard it felt REALLY long and had a LOT of people standing around talking, and very little action. That the trailers basically highlight all the action scenes and everything else is mostly talking.

Well, the part in the ark where they're just drifting is pretty long.The whole movie could have been cut 1/2 hour

I don't remember how the bible version goes, so I guess I didn't know how this would end

Noah builds a ship, he takes two of every animal onto the ark, it rains for 960 hours, the rain stops, the ark drifts for a time, Noah sends out birds to find news of land, a dove brings an olive branch, the ark rests on Mount Ararat, the waters recede, the survivors repopulate the earth, and a sandstorm that lasts an entire year buries the ark, if you believe that sort of thing. Haven't you ever been to Sunday school?

Rich

The events of this movie sound so implausible, only a higher power could make it happen!

Maybe it was Gaia, the Force or an ancient polytheistic deity of some kind. My money's on a goa'uld or an Ascended Ancient, or perhaps Loki.