NEW Williams title coming from La-La Land Records June 16th 2015

Amer

The studios and labels should stop involving the composers in these expanded editions because the composers have no idea what the listeners want to hear and how they want it presented.

Potentially comprehensive releases like Hook, the Indy box and even Batman Forever were ruined by the composer's idiosyncratic "listening experience" edits that they already had their chance at in the making of the original albums.

I don't think Universal will license any of the JP scores out to the specialty labels, sorry.

Why do you not think so? Is there anything pointing towards that specifically?

Every label trying to release their stuff and being denied, and then them releasing JP on their own label themselves

Would you mind naming a concrete example to support your claim. I am just curious.

Hey, you never know. 1941 was a Universal Studios film; it got an expanded release. I never thought Empire of the Sun would get an expanded release, nor Rosewood, Hook, Jurassic Park, etc. I am happy either way. If it is not The Lost World: Jurassic Park, I will not be disappointed. For some reason, The Lost World just came to mind.

This is the only one that a label has hinted at yes.

There could be a dozen more coming, that simply haven't been hinted at. Who knows!

It would be great if La-La Land, Intrada, Varese, Quartet, and Music Box all release JW titles this year, on top of the new 2015 scores he's doing that will be on major labels

I don't think Universal will license any of the JP scores out to the specialty labels, sorry.

Why do you not think so? Is there anything pointing towards that specifically?

Every label trying to release their stuff and being denied, and then them releasing JP on their own label themselves

Oh, now that could be why Dragonheart is not being worked on...

Maestro John Williams has done many, many films throughout his phenomenal career, so it is really tough to guess what the next film score of his will get the expanded treatment.

That's why I never really speculate; I like waiting for the official announcement.

Yeah...

Funny... "You're mocking me, aren't you?"

It is fun to guess, though, is all I'm saying.

Hey you could guess right if you list every possible and impossible option!

• 1 month later...

I feel it in the water, I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air.

Lines from the very last part of ROTK said by Treebeard, transported to the start of FOTR as a line said by an Elf?

Ingenious adaptation isn't it?

I have a feeling there will be an announcement on the next expanded release of the Maestro's work very soon.

What makes you think that?

Well, in February LLL posted on Facebook that the release was being approved by the studio, and they should hopefully expect a release in May.

Great News!
La La Land gearing up for another JOHN WILLIAMS title for a possible May release!
Here is what LLL post on their Facebook Empire of the Sun message:
Did I mention that we are wrapping up another William's expansion now? Artwork goes into the studio for approval shortly. Hopefully by May we will see the final product.

Excellent news. Absolutely looking forward to it.

If not May, then June or July definitely.

You mean Black Sunday? That has already been released. On CD and LP?

I mean I'd expect it could be a release that will be released ON Black Friday! (after Thanksgiving)

I hope it's Always!

Having seen recently the movie, I don't think anything is missing from the ost.

Just some seconds of a couple of synth cues, and the "Follow Me" alternate.

Great News!
La La Land gearing up for another JOHN WILLIAMS title for a possible May release!
Here is what LLL post on their Facebook Empire of the Sun message:
Did I mention that we are wrapping up another William's expansion now? Artwork goes into the studio for approval shortly. Hopefully by May we will see the final product.

Excellent news. Absolutely looking forward to it.

If not May, then June or July definitely.

Oh that's great.

Are there any standard dates for May releases, and if so, how many days before do we usually have an announcement?

I'm probably the resident Always fan and expert (a fact I'm very proud of), so I'll correct you. The album is missing the film version of The Old Timer's Shack, the revival of the bus driver, Rescue Operation insert and additional music that shows up out of nowhere toward the end of the credits. It's also been out of print for a long time and it's one of the less celebrated Spielberg/Williams collaborations, which makes it prime for an expanded reissue!

I'm probably the resident Always fan and expert (a fact I'm very proud of), so I'll correct you. The album is missing the film version of The Old Timer's Shack, the revival of the bus driver, Rescue Operation insert and additional music that shows up out of nowhere toward the end of the credits. It's also been out of print for a long time and it's one of the less celebrated Spielberg/Williams collaborations, which makes it prime for an expanded reissue!

here's the cues of Always from a thesis.

Total Music Time: 37 minutes, 26 seconds

#1. Pete and Dorinda Walk Home (0:32) Music Begins as Dorinda and Pete walk home by the airfield ends as the two lay together by the fire.

#2. Precious Talk (0:20) Begins as Pete opens the refrigerator door for a snack and ends as Pete sits down with Dorinda by the fire.

#3. Saying Good-bye (2:46) Begins as Pete is on the phone and ends as Pete tries to yell that he loves her over the roar of his engines.

#4. Hap (7:01) Begins as Al looks out his window to see Pete's plane and ends as Pete turns around to find the person who he will help.

#5. Catching up with Al (0:20) Begins as Pete walks into Al's office and begins Ted walks into Al's office behind Pete.

#6. Landing in Flat Rock (0:54) Begins as Al and Dorinda approach the strip at Flat Rock for landing and ends as Ted takes off.

#7. Abandoned Airfield (2:36) Music enters as Ted creeps into an abandoned shelter and ends as Ted lands at Flat Rock.

#8. Follow Me (1:08) Begins as Rachel sees Ted landing and ends as the Follow Me tractor plows into Dorinda's porch.

#9. Strange Presence (3:14) Begins as Pete senses that Dorinda is near and ends as Ted introduces himself to Dorinda.

#10. Saving Frank (1:06) Begins as Dorinda wonders how Ted can do what he is doing and ends as Dorinda screeches to a halt in front of her house.

#11. Breaking the wishbone (1:38) Begins as Dorinda tells a story about Pete and ends as Ted brags about how he'll land an A-26 with no fuel.

#12. Shopping in her Sleep (1:47) Begins as Dorinda recites her shopping list in her sleep as before and ends as Dorinda tells Pete goodnight.

#13. Talking With Hap Again (2:06) Begins as Pete finds himself waking up in the woods again and ends as Hap reminds Pete that he has to give in order to gain his freedom.

#14. Handling the Rescue (4:50) Begins as Ted realizes that he should handle the rescue from their base and ends as Dorinda cruises to the drop zone.

#15. Pete Tells Dorinda Everything (7:08) Begins as Dorinda enjoys the peace of flying at night and end

So, we're missing

-film version of 7

-8 alternate

-14 insert

-and maybe that end credits cue is tracked from somewhere?

Also, maybe we're missing 1, 2 and 5? (i don't remember them. I think the first 2 were solo synth cues)

And if not then, then August or September or October or November or December, without question.

But if those fall through, then 2016, absolutely.

... Yeah, no.

And if not then, then August or September or October or November or December, without question.

But if those fall through, then 2016, absolutely.

... Yeah, no.

Humor.

I thought it was funny. :)

Anyway, it would be great if this expanded release were Always, but I don't think it is.

How about Presumed Innocent? It is missing about 2 minutes of music! Essential!