Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (Rian Johnson 2017)

Dixon Hill

2 minutes ago, mstrox said:

Hey guys, trailer and poster look good.  Keep up the good work.

I was just going to ask you what you thought about it in your own thread. Wasn't expecting to see you fraternising out here. 

I liked it. It was more footage than I expected to see, which was zero. Seems to have a different feel to it than TFA, which I consider to be a good thing. The music (which was obviously Williams) was aces.

Anyone notice that they were smart to leave out Laura Dern and Benicio Del Toro?

2 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

There's nothing beguiling about the teaser. It feels like we've already seen this a dozen times.

It's time for Star Wars to end.

Your seemingly lack of discipline and self control in being unable to ignore something you dislike is what needs to end. Now.

Are we clear?

ARE.

WE.

CLEAR?

Just now, Nick1066 said:

Your seemingly lack of discipline and self control in being unable to ignore something you dislike is what needs to end. Now.

Are we clear?

ARE.

WE.

CLEAR?

Alex! You gonna let him talk to you like that? What you gonna do? You can't do nothing?

1 minute ago, Nick1066 said:

Are we clear?

ARE.

WE.

CLEAR?

1 minute ago, Stefancos said:

And naturally he didn't mention Williams at all, Alex never does.

Boring posts, just like the teaser.

Just now, Alexcremers said:

Boring posts, just like the teaser.

Every moment you can't ignore Star Wars and those who love it makes your more our servant.

Hate leads to...suffering.

2 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

The only time that I suffer is when I watch a Disney Star Wars movie. 

See...you hate it, but still you watch.

You have no choice. You lack will power.

Slaves are made in such ways.

2 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Hmmm...so are the Prequels better? Certainly they are made by an auteur film maker.

I'm not a fan of The Prequels but at least they were oddball-ish.

The only times Alex suffers is when he's forced to watch and talk about Star Wars; and when there's no young kids about to take snaps of from a safe distance. And when not a single channel is airing The Voice! 

1 minute ago, Quintus said:

The only times Alex suffers is when he's forced to watch and talk about Star Wars, and when there's no young kids about to take snaps of from a safe distance. 

You want Alex to add you to his ignore list again? Lol

No I want to guarantee I'm never taken off it! This open season I have enjoyed on him ever since is too delicious to me now. It's like telling a kid off and not being answered back. 

I'm less worried about a new Death Star than I am about a new training montage, new walkers, and a new Super Star Destroyer.  This needs to NOT be TESB Redux.

Yes, @leeallen01, that's gotta be Leia, right?  There's a faint "I love you" whisper on the soundtrack right then.  Can anybody make out the dialogue from what sounds like Yoda, something about the Dark Side, shortly thereafter?  I'm not sure if it's repurposed OT dialogue or a new recording.

I love the first half of this trailer's soundtrack.  It's perfect, no matter who composed it—and it sounds awfully acoustic to me.

I hope Luke's climactic line is just his initial "refusal of the call" when Rey arrives, cleverly transposed to the end of the trailer to make it seem like a bigger deal than it is.  The sequel trilogy was supposed to redeem the idea of awesome space wizards fighting evil, not double down on the prequels' indictment of the Jedi.

Just now, leeallen01 said:

So, in order of screenshots:

1) Interstellar

2) Man of Steel

3) Skyfall

4) Independence Day: Resurgence

5) Fast and Furious.

Screenshot_2017-04-14-18-25-15-1.png

The modern trailer template! Or was it always this way? 

6 minutes ago, leeallen01 said:

So, in order of screenshots:

1) Interstellar

2) Man of Steel

3) Skyfall

4) Independence Day: Resurgence

5) Fast and Furious.

Screenshot_2017-04-14-18-25-15-1.png

Funny!

Also, that trumpet gunfire during the inferior-new-design frigate shot is unbelievable and very classically Star Wars to my ear.  Dump dadada-dump dadada-dump dadada-dump!  Can synths even do that?  I have yet to hear a synthesized trumpet that didn't sound fake.

Just now, stewdog1 said:

Notice in the poster how the lightsaber changes to red?

Hopefully signalling a fall to the dark side from Rey. Otherwise it's likely all just going to be a rehash of the original Trilogy.