The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

Chris Nolan gave it 21 thumbs up ;)

Karol

Hmm. But is it an American film? I only watch those, otherwise my four double cheeseburgers and diet cokes feel inappropriate. Plus I don't like all the funny sounds that come out of their mouths in foreign movies.

It stars Hugh Jackman, who is Australian, so it might not be for you.

Karol

Does he hide his silly accent and speak correctly, at least?

Fantastic atmosphere with that one.

It's also morally quite intriguing and disturbing, especially if you're a parent. Villeneuve's best film to date.

Jagten is equally is good but it's in Danish. I have the impression most of you only watch American movies so it might not be a movie for you.

Indeed. It was one of my favourite films that year.

Quick google search of Jagten intrigues me about the film. Sounds a bit like Doubt, another well-crafted piece. Though I imagine the execution differs greatly.

Two very different movies. Doubt is a relaxing watch. Jagten is anything but that!

It's a classic! The best of its kind since ID4!

You like ID4 and The Avengers so much, check out MovieBob's "Really That Good" reviews on YouTube. He's quite refreshing in his analysis of big summer blockbusters and action films.

Universe was pretty crummy, but SG-1 and Atlantis are enjoyable. They're all very tongue in cheek, as if they're the science fiction equivalent of Hercules and Xena. If you need your science fiction to take itself seriously, have no sense of humor, and take place in more locations than just British Columbia, it's not the series for you.

Marvel wants the directors' personalities on their films, but not give them leeway to make a complete film.

I bet Patty Jenkins has more creative freedom on Wonder Woman than Joss Whedon had on Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Not sure it's a matter of cracking under pressure when the studio forces it's directors to work in an enclosed sandbox. They don't have free choice on many aspects of the story telling or look.