The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

See! Even the ones that kinda liked it don't really like it. And we haven't even heard from the ones that hated it from the get-go.

Guardians is a movie that I really enjoyed in the theater but have absolutely no desire to watch again.  The trailer for the follow-up effort seems fine, about what you'd expect, and I will probably catch it in the theater.

26 minutes ago, nightscape94 said:

Guardians is a movie that I really enjoyed in the theater but have absolutely no desire to watch again.  

Then you probably didn't really enjoy it so much after all. 

For an entire generation... People have experienced... Guardians of the Galaxy, the only way it's been possible... on the flat-screen TV... but if you've only seen it this way, you haven't seen it at all...

On 3/1/2017 at 3:55 AM, Alexcremers said:

Finally saw this and it is a weird trailer; You can only barely tell the James Gunn-ness of it all underneath the modern trailer design cranked up to 11.  Quick editing, slow motion (hope there isn't a lot of slow motion in the final film), LOUD sound effects and music hits, mostly focused on action, etc.  But yea, behind that you can tell the cast is back in full form, there will be plenty of opportunities for comedy, and of course you can't go wrong with that Fleetwood Mac jam.

Ultimately this is a film I would have seen anyway so how bad or good the trailer is doesn't really matter

15 minutes ago, Mr. Breathmask said:

If it's as bonkers as Temple of Doom, I'm all for it.

But it won't be.

It would need a proper score for that.

?

That's bonkers!

Alex - who likes the cassette music

The songs in the first Guardians Of The Galaxy are great. The original score. Nondescript. Same for Watchmen, by the same composer. The songs and the Philip Glass music are outstanding and well chosen. The underscore just fills in the gaps.

31 minutes ago, Mr. Breathmask said:

If it's as bonkers as Temple of Doom, I'm all for it.

But it won't be.

It would need a proper score for that.

IJTOD is a bonkers film for sure, but would you really describe the score as bonkers?

28 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Who's scoring it? Tyler Brian Bates again?

Yes.

13 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

The songs in the first Guardians Of The Galaxy are great. The original score. Nondescript. Same for Watchmen, by the same composer. The songs and the Philip Glass music are outstanding and well chosen. The underscore just fills in the gaps.

Agreed

How can Gunn be sure? Can Guardians Vol.2 repeat the success of the first movie? People that checked out the first one and that were disappointed will stay away from the franchise. They rather save their money for The Avengers or Thor.

3 hours ago, crocodile said:

Nobody will be ever able to stay away from any Marvel film. Laws of nature, mate.

Karol

We can at least pray. 

Yes.  These big blockbusters basically make their money primarily on how good the previous entry was, how good the actual new entry is plays a smaller role in the total take.

I would agree, but with the MCU, that isn't always the case.  It didn't work out that way for the Avengers sequel, despite its success and almost unanimous admiration.