The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

8 minutes ago, mstrox said:

and the "quieter" ending than expected was a nice twist on our expectations.

I really really liked the last act of this movie.  It was so much better than the overblown finales of basically every other MCU movie.  Focused on characters and it worked so much better.

I'm not sure if Marvel's lack of fresh ideas and/or personality makes for such an interesting argument. It's not any different from Star Wars or Bond franchises literally selling us the same thing over and over again. It's what works and it's what we'll be getting. The cultural signifince and/or artistic value in those types of things was always almost accidental.Just take it or leave it guys.

Karol

The sooner we all leave it, the sooner there'll finally be something different to watch on a Saturday afternoon at the cinema for once!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Official synopsis of Thor 3:

In Marvel Studios' Thor: Ragnarok, Thor is imprisoned on the other side of the universe without his mighty hammer and finds himself in a race against time to get back to Asgard to stop Ragnarok – the destruction of his homeworld and the end of Asgardian civilization – at the hands of an all-powerful new threat, the ruthless Hela. But first he must survive a deadly gladatorial contest that pits him against his former ally and fellow Avenger – the Incredible Hulk!

• 2 weeks later...

A Black Panther movie to me feels like more Captain America, but then, without Captain America. Style and universe are not going to be different, unlike Guardians Of The Galaxy.

I don't think anything forthcoming from Marvel excites me any more.  Sometime around Avengers 2 or Civil War I got burnt out.  I still haven't even seen Doctor Strange...

After Jay expressed his disappointment and disinterest in Marvel, I didn't expect his following post, which came immediately after it. Wouldn't only the biggest enthusiast post a photo like that?

No, because I share any news about upcoming films that people here will be interested in, of course, not only my own personal choices.