The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

32 minutes ago, Jay said:

Vin Diesel's whole schtick is dreaming movies into existence by sheer force of talking about them.  It's how we got a third Riddick movie despite the second movie not breaking even, and it's how we got a new XxX movie this year.  As long as movies like this are kept mid-budget and he's attached, they'll typically make a decent profit.

Not sure how that will translate to a Marvel movie, as their goal of making everything interconnected and making billions in profit (as opposed to millions) has thus far precluded "smaller" movies.

I dont see the awesomeness of the character...Why cast him with a famous actor...if the does only say one word... is he at least motion captured? but i think the baby isnt... so where is the point.

The chemistry is in the gang and the interaction between the members of that gang. It's like making a solo movie about ...

img_1924.jpeg

... the pilot of Firefly. 

Alex

Just now, BloodBoal said:

Random thing I hadn't realized until today:

zs709GB.jpg

TVfH2kd.jpg

Cumberbatch was really good in 12 Years a Slave as the master who was almost as bad as Fassbender's sadistic monster in a completely different way.

But yeah I hadn't thought of that parallel before!

Yep, it's my new Joss Whedon dose. The humor in Guardians is quite different from the other Marvel movies. You people are already tired of Guardians? Well, I'm actually more tired of the average Marvel film.

When it comes to Marvel, Vol.2 is my last hope. However, the pressure that James Gunn must feel to repeat the success of the first movie will probably be his demise. As we all remember, it's what happened to Spielberg with Temple Of Doom. I can already see Gunn making a third Guardians film to apologize and make up for the second one.

2 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

When it comes to Marvel, Vol.2 is my last hope. However, the pressure that James Gunn must feel to repeat the success of the first movie will probably be his demise. As we all remember, it's what happened to Spielberg with Temple Of Doom. I can already see Gunn making a third Guardians film to apologize and make up for the second one.

I used to think I was kind of a pessimist or a cynic, but then I joined JWFan and realized I'm a fucking ray of positive sunshine :lol:

You lot approach everything with the lowest possible expectations, it's actually kind of impressive.

I am sure I will have fun watching GOTG 2.  Stuff like Black Panther, Thor 3, Infinity War, I'm pretty much meh.  I'm curious to see Brie Larson's Marvel Girl film, but that's so far off and I still don't get why she gets her own film before ScarJo's Black Widow

9 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

Temple of Doom is a pretty darn fine movie though.

Quite different from Raiders, but a fun rollercoaster all the same.

Bit dark though, but at least not "modern movie syndrome" dark. :D

2 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

I'm sure this is posted already :

Alex? I thought you had lost interest in anything Marvel after The Russo Brothers failed to properly follow up on the superb The Winter Soldier?

Do you watch this for Scarlett? Do you still have hope?

3 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

I'm sure this is posted already :

Thanks for posting, that was actually a rather nice video - it actually made me a bit excited for the film, which is something the recent films (Avengers 2, Civil War) didn't really do (I haven't even bothered to see Doctor Strange yet)

Also, that kid playing Spider-man seems like he's genuinely excited to be a part of everything, and I think he'll do great in this summer's Spider-man movie and Infinity War

It was also nice to hear Silvestri's Avengers theme in this video; I'm looking forward to his score to this.  I think his score to the first film has aged incredibly well.

Right, that's basically how I feel.  And with him being signed up for this so early, hopefully the extra time will lead him to write a lot of interesting cues this time to go along with the nice theme runthroughs.  It could be a score with a lot of themes, using music from all the character's individual movies

6 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Its not a brilliant score, but it is effective as hell. And the theme is epic

It's stodgy and heavy-handed. Not the most elegant or most imaginative of Silvestri's creations. But it serves the film very well in a sense that it cements all the pieces and characters together and gives them some clear purpose dramatically. Perhaps a more flamboyant and light aporoach would be just too watered-down for so many threads. It was a smart move to go simple and straightforward. People might say what they want about Silvestri as a musician but he's certainly not an idiot when it comes to film storytelling and pacing

Karol

• 2 weeks later...

More! More! MORE!

However, when it's released, the average JWFan will say: "Weird, I didn't like the first movie, but this sequel is quite good."