Howard Shore's The Battle of the Five Armies (Hobbit Part 3)

Jay

With Doug solidifies everything you mean Doug has an excuse for everything, right?

The reason for Gondor Reborn in AUJ is obvious. A radically changed final act and huge time pressure + presumably a directors temp track. I really dont need Doug to weave that into some artistically justified reason.

You know we might finally have an 'explanation' for that Ringwraith theme in AUJ.

Apparently, the BOTFA Chronicles book says that Azog was originally to be involved in the battle at Dol Guldur, where he would 'harvest' the power of Gandalf's ring. I don't have the book yet so I'm not sure if the guy who posted this on TORN has read it properly.

Still, this wouldn't make sense either given that Azog wouldn't have that ring yet. It sounds a shit idea anyway, glad they nixed it.

I do think originally the plan was for Azog to be resurrected. I'd say the fan concerns about that might have dissuaded them, but then the concerns about other ideas didn't make a difference, so who knows why they changed their minds.

It could have been foreshadowing something and have become satisfying, where it's use in AUJ was to shock and confuse before it returns and makes sense.

Foreshadowing is usually done in very subtle ways. Like JW foreshadowing The Imperial March in Anakin's theme.

The scoring for the final act is all over the place. Reuses of Ringwraith choir, Isengard Unleashed arrangements of the Nature theme, Gondor Reborn. We all know what happened. Do we really need an "in-universe" explanation that will make it all feel justified?

Hmmm. I wonder if a section f the BOFA EE appendixes will cover the storyline changes the films had throughout production, or if anything not in the final cuts will be swept under the rug.

I'm sure that if these changes are even mentioned, they will not go into specifics.

And I'm pretty sure we won't hear exactly what happened that caused so much music in AUJ to be moved about.

I really wonder what version of the score a CR would present of the final act? Probably a compromise between Shores intended music and what ended up in the film.

Yea - after AUJ, I would have assumed that after DOS and BOFA too there would be so many alternates that you could never fit all the film versions on one disc.

But now that DOS and BOFA are out and we see those 2 scores had very little alternates recorded, BB's idea would be ideal.

I really wonder what version of the score a CR would present of the final act? Probably a compromise between Shores intended music and what ended up in the film.

Shore's original intended music on the CR, films versions on the Rarities Archive CD. That's only way to do it!

except the rarities can not include everything

and I do prefer some of the film versions of tracks

I would hate to still not get the film AUJ tracks on the CR

(thats also why I prefer the FOTR CR over the latter 2 in some instances, except in parts where cues were obviously dialed out/replaced by SFX)

You know we might finally have an 'explanation' for that Ringwraith theme in AUJ.

Apparently, the BOTFA Chronicles book says that Azog was originally to be involved in the battle at Dol Guldur, where he would 'harvest' the power of Gandalf's ring. I don't have the book yet so I'm not sure if the guy who posted this on TORN has read it properly.

Still, this wouldn't make sense either given that Azog wouldn't have that ring yet. It sounds a shit idea anyway, glad they nixed it.

Are you guys STILL trying to justify that? Even after Doug said it was really just a filmmaker's request. Give it a break guys!

Yeah, me neither. But a lot of people here, and in other places, like to come up with all sorts of conspiracy theories unless Doug "officially" denies/confirms it.