Jurassic World (Jurassic Park 4)

Well plans have changed again and now I'm actually seeing the film in 20 minutes! 3D though, unfortunately. Would have had to wait 90 mins for a 2D showing. But hey, this place serves beer!

I couldn't resist and I went to see it today. I had the perfect experience, no annoying commentators or chewing people, it was just right.

Let me just say that after 14 years of wait, it was worth it. I left the theatre with a smile from ear to ear, had it all the way home and still I'm smiling like an idiot.

It had its flaws, but all around it was a great popcorn movie. I'll comment more as people see it, the only downside were the cinematography (in night scenes was fine, but I really didn't like the day light) and the CGI wasn't as perfect as it could have been. Still, it returned to the more light horror roots of the original two movies, and I fucking loved that.

8/10 from me, I'm going to see it again with friends no doubt.

PS: *The* scene with the animatronic was brilliant. Wish we had had more of that!

There had to have been more than one animatronic right? The dead apatasaurus, the raptor heads?

Dead Apatosaurus for sure. I think the Raptor heads are a mix, like they are puppets but covered with a lot of CG. And I think there's also the Indominus Rex's head and feet, same as T-Rex feet. But I think that's about it.

I agree completely with what Michael said. Still can't hold a candle to the first movie, but miles better than the last two. My only beef is that there are far too many throwbacks to Jurassic Park, but that's a small quibble. The CGI is very good for the most part, but there should've been more animatronics for the velociraptors other than the head closeups. Giacchino's score works fine in the movie, but it's not making me buy the soundtrack.

Definitely worth seeing.

Would have punched him but his was twice my size.

Karol

His...what? HOW did you know? are there nudist cinemas now ?!

XD

The guy was obviously more than a little tipsy to start undressing in the theater. Very rude nude dude! ;)

I might see the film today to kick off my summer movie season.

Is it the Michael Bay JP explosion fest like the trailer makes it out to be or is there more to it?

I have a feeling if they swapped the dinosaurs with Transformers it'd no longer be cool to enjoy the movie.

It's insecurity I think. Alex needs his opinion to be validated.

Thats why gravitates to films which are universally seen as classic masterpieces, Blade Runner, Alien, 2001 etc.

?

My list is jam-packed with titles the world loves to hate too.

Alex - who will only watch Jurassic World when it's free on TV

2001: ASO and Blade Runner are hated as much as they are loved, BTW.

However, Alien is universally loved.

"Free on TV" is not a bother.

Alex

No, I mean my stupid friend. I love Alien.

She said it "wasn't scary". I'm not sure how common that opinion is but I don't need Alien to be scary.

I understand it's what people expect but I think Alien transcends simple emotions like scary or funny.

Alex

Just saw it. Hollywood may as well close itself down and never make a movie again. Because nothing is ever going to top that final fight! EVER!!

It's silly.

But in a good way! :)

In fact I'd say it's a stronger ending than the original movie. The Lost World comes second.

Karol

P.S.: I don't think the Raptors' heads were animatronics. Definitely looked like CG to me.

There are several behind-the-scenes photos of the Raptors' heads in the 'muzzles' (one from a Korean magazine and the other from Twitter), but definitely enhanced with CGI in the final film.

Did anyone else think the Hoskins / ACU / InGen subplot was a bit confusing and definitely underwritten?

I mean he shows up asking about the raptors... ok. Then all of a sudden he has this huge team on the beach. Then for a while they seem to just delight in going around killing dinosaurs... then it's revealed he wants to use dinosaurs as weapons, though...... then its revealed he's in some conspiracy with Dr. Wu to steal embryos? WTF was going on here?

Some setup for a sequel?

That's a definite yes. Trevorrow said that while he and his co-writer planned JW as a self-contained film, they did include seeds for a potential sequel or two.